R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Rock Chip Repair

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 05:18 PM
JTTMini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock Chip Repair

Okay, so I just (yesterday) purchased a 2013 S Clubman. The previous owner is the master technician at my local dealership, and he only drove it 5,000 miles. It has a rock chip in the front of the roof and I want it GONE. I didn't see it before I left the dealer, so it may have happened on my way home with it last night.

Is there a way to get rid of it without painting the entire roof? I don't want to tackle this myself, so I'm really just trying to see if any of you all have had luck at detail shops, etc. Also, I don't mind taking it to a body shop, as there is a certified MINI collision center near me. If the car was older, I wouldn't fret over a rock chip, but it's driving me insane!

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-29-2013, 06:18 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stone chip repair is not the expertise of detailing shops.

You can try it yourself using a Langka kit but I recommend you practice on the neighbor's '98 Impala or whatever old car you can find with a willing owner. Takes a little practice.

Otherwise, take it to a local body shop and see what they say. I'm betting they can make it look good without painting the entire roof.

And just a recommendation: if you want faster responses, don't use a model-specific forum for a general question. After all. the Clubman is not the only model that gets stone chips.