R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:03 PM
mrxonextwo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarms

Hi all,
Long time lurker here finally throwing in a first post. Unfortunately it's a sad post. My 2009 Clubman JCW was broken into and items were stolen :/ I am looking for some good recommendations for an alarm system that will notify me when my vehicle is tampered with. I do not need all the fancy remote start or anything. Just some sort of notification so I could have caught the little bastard. Any help or recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
The factory kits tend to be the best as they are direct install with no cutting wiring.
We offer the factory kit for your car which has the alarm siren with tilt sensor, interior sensor, hood switch, and mounting bracket.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/mini-fa...t-r55-r56.html

But if you want a little more cost effective you can install parts of the R57 kit. With this kit you use the alarm siren with tilt sensor, mounting bracket, and hood switch. But you won't have an interior sensor.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/alarm-k...nvertible.html

Both kits are easy to install in less than an hour. But will need to be coded to activate them. After coding they will work and the red LED on the tach will flash when locked, also you will have the car beep when locked and unlocked.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 04-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Goldsmithy
MINI Alliance Ambassador
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Will this system work on a 2005 R 52 s convertible that has been wired for an alarm (per vin #)? If not, do you have an alarm that will work?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:25 PM
mrxonextwo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
The factory kits tend to be the best as they are direct install with no cutting wiring.
We offer the factory kit for your car which has the alarm siren with tilt sensor, interior sensor, hood switch, and mounting bracket.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/mini-fa...t-r55-r56.html

But if you want a little more cost effective you can install parts of the R57 kit. With this kit you use the alarm siren with tilt sensor, mounting bracket, and hood switch. But you won't have an interior sensor.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/alarm-k...nvertible.html

Both kits are easy to install in less than an hour. But will need to be coded to activate them. After coding they will work and the red LED on the tach will flash when locked, also you will have the car beep when locked and unlocked.
Does this system work with the factory key fob?
How much would reprogramming cost?
Will the interior alarm go off if I pop the trunk while the car is locked?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:48 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldsmithy
Will this system work on a 2005 R 52 s convertible that has been wired for an alarm (per vin #)? If not, do you have an alarm that will work?
Parts of the kit may work if you have the same connector in your car, but the bracket won't. I can price you a kit if you email us your VIN

Originally Posted by mrxonextwo
Does this system work with the factory key fob?
How much would reprogramming cost?
Will the interior alarm go off if I pop the trunk while the car is locked?
Yes it works with the stock kit fob
Programming will vary from shop to shop, we charge $50 to program it
The alarm won't go off if you pop the trunk, but if someone else broke into your car and opened the door or trunk it would go off.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 04-14-2015, 10:16 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,096 Likes on 1,870 Posts
We have the alarm here also. not hard to install yourself , you will need it flashed by a shop or a MINI dealership afterwards. The sirens are very loud and flashes the pulsation red light right above the tach very slowly. Then after about 15 minutes it just flashes shirt impulses. Very easy to see on the outside of your MINI.

Alarm System Installation Kit

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/65730445530/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172