R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2016 Clubman

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:17 PM
MINIMAN1411
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Everyone!
Haven't been here in a while but I'm back and am going to be a Clubbie owner again! Was having many issues with an engine/turbo replacement on my '15 F56 Cooper S w/ JCW Kit and BMW bought back the car from me giving me a fresh (negative equity free ) start with a new car. My first three MINI's were Clubbies and I missed them a lot and although the new one is considerably larger than my previous ones (and even larger than my Countryman), the second I got behind the wheel of the new I felt like I was at home again. Anyways I ended ordering mine because I couldn't locate any Clubbies in the country that had cloth and a M/T... so here's my build.
16MH-Cooper S Clubman
C24-MINI Yours Lapisluxury Blue
BZE1-Cloth Double Stripe
ZCW-Cold Weather Pack
430-Auto Dimming/Folding Mirrors
494-Heated Front Seats
ZFL-Fully Loaded Pack
423-Floor Mats (?)
ZPP-Premium Pack
322-Comfort Access
402-Panoramic Moonroof
674-harman/kardon Sound System
ZSP-Sport Pack
223-DDC
5A1-LED Fog's
5A4-LED Headlights w/ Cornering
ZTP-Tech Pack
3AG-Rear View Camera
5DP-Parking Assistant
7KM-JCW Interior Pack
2XC-JCW Leather Steering Wheel
4AA-Headliner Anthracite
7L5-Wired Pack
609-Navigation System
6NP-Extended USB and Bluetooth
2HR-17" Black Net Spokes
302-Alarm System (really upset it's not coming with the red LED on the antennae, I already ordered though, it'll be my first mod)
386-Roof Rails
465-Split Fold Down Rear Seats
4GX-MINI Yours Fiber Alloy
5AA-Rear Fog Lights
5AS-Active Driving Assistant (Excited to see this work with a M/T)
655-Satellite Radio
6AD-Heads-up Display
ZI0-Black Rear Side Sunshades

All in all it came out to $39840 with destination, however because I'm not rolling in any negative equity like I did into my F56 which was $35k, my monthly payment is going down by $200, I can't wait for my Clubbie to get here!!!

Old 04-05-2016, 05:29 PM
cadfael_tex
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone have a Justa clubbie? I'm wondering how the 3 banger pulls it around.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:05 PM
mlsstl
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cadfael_tex
Does anyone have a Justa clubbie? I'm wondering how the 3 banger pulls it around.
We have a 2011 Justa Clubman (manual tranny). My wife drives the Clubman most of the time and loves it. While neither of us are speed/power freaks, I do find the engine a bit shy on low-end torque.

We test drove a 2016 Clubman 3-banger (automatic) a few weeks ago and frankly both of us were quite impressed. I remember how anemic the 4 banger automatic Justa was when we test drove it in 2010 -- almost walked away from Mini until the salesman suggested we try a manual.

They appear to have the two-stage turbo so well tuned on the 2016 Justa that it has a much gutsier low end than what we have now. You'll obviously need to try it for yourself, but I like the way the 3 banger drives better than the engine we have now.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:04 AM
fenderod
1st Gear

I took delivery of my 2017 Thunder Grey Clubman S ALL4 this weekend (first one to hit my dealership - original order was 2/13/16.) If there were another place to post I would, but I guess the R55 forum is it for now....

This is my first MINI (have borrowed my wife's past ones for the occasional commute) and still getting acclimated, but it's much more fun than the 2012 Passat TDI I just sold.

From memory it feels about as quick as the FWD version I test drove, but of course it should - just swap weight of motoring advisor for weight of ALL4 system. The handling feels the same as well; I know this redesigned ALL4 is supposed to help in a broader range of driving conditions, but I may need to wait til next snow season to really notice. We have a Q5 that you can feel pushing you around corners as you accelerate, and the MINI feels somewhere between that and my old Passat.

Window sticker shows 21 city 30 hwy estimate, but I'm getting about 21 mpg in about 75% hwy driving using only Mid and Green modes in the 100 miles - I hope and assume this will go up over time as the engine breaks in and as I lay back on the throttle in 1st/2nd gear and reset my expectations of low-end torque coming from a TDI.

Favorite features so far:
  • Anthracite headliner really pulls the interior together with black cross-punch leather.
  • Harman Kardon is a real improvement over the Gen1 HK in my wife's former 2011 Clubman. Much more accurate bass.
  • Head-up Display works really well to keep eyes on the road during station/track changes, etc.
  • The Getrag 6-speed is super-smooth - completely different manual transmission experience from my old Subaru Legacy GT
  • Ability to assign the 6 dash buttons to phone #s and low-level setting changes
  • This car is now my daily commuter but also holds a 2-year-old's forward-facing car seat and a 4-year-old's booster seat with enough space for their legs and my wife and me (both around 5' 8") in ideal front seating positions.
  • It's the only one of its kind in my office garage. I used to be one of three silver Passats in the same LEV row.

Minor Peeves:
  • In all my research I hadn't noticed there's no longer a CD player in the MINI head unit! I'm going to have to see if I can upload some hi-res files to the music collection. Bluetooth Audio is not bad and pretty convenient, though.
  • Tough to get a deep and low lumbar curve with the 4-way power adjustment, may be due to the overall shape of the seatback. Also not savable with the power seat memory settings, unlike Audi/VW.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Last edited by fenderod; 04-12-2016 at 06:07 AM. Reason: more pics
Old 04-11-2016, 09:09 AM
Miata13
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fenderod
So my MINI order tracking newbieness got the best of me and I thought my Clubman ALL4 was on a ship because it said "Booked"....Checked the next morning and the ship had filled up and left port before my and 59 other cars with the same booking # could get on...."Return To Shipper"....Goodbye Tongala, hello Carmen and at least another week til it's "Loaded on Vessel"!
That IS frustrating..same thing happened when we ordered our R59...thought it was the ship but then found out it "missed" the boat...."Patience Daniel-son"....and I see from your recent post above....the boat did make it here..Congrats on your new Clubbie..looks sharp!

Last edited by Miata13; 04-11-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Miata13
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pschuchman
I said when I had the new baby wrapped I would come back and show it off...so I picked it up today from the wrap company. I may not ever go through this experience again...this has now resulted in the vehicle having to go to a body shop to fix the things the wrap company did badly...but in the end, the wrap itself will hopefully do it's job well at least.

We've named the car "Pixie"...and the custom plate is on it's way... PXL ART for "pixel art" because it's all digital photography now.

I am absolutely in LOVE with the car though...I don't even want to drive the Lexus anymore. This car is MY BABY.
Great photos..thanks for posting. Now I see why you paid for the metallic paint when getting the full wrap... (except for the roof ;-). Was thinking you could have saved $500...

Old 04-11-2016, 12:25 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts

I took delivery of my 2017 Thunder Grey Clubman S ALL4 this weekend (first one to hit my dealership - original order was 2/13/16.) If there were another place to post I would, but I guess the R55 forum is it for now....

This is my first MINI (have borrowed my wife's past ones for the occasional commute) and still getting acclimated, but it's much more fun than the 2012 Passat TDI I just sold.

From memory it feels about as quick as the FWD version I test drove, but of course it should - just swap weight of motoring advisor for weight of ALL4 system. The handling feels the same as well; I know this redesigned ALL4 is supposed to help in a broader range of driving conditions, but I may need to wait til next snow season to really notice. We have a Q5 that you can feel pushing you around corners as you accelerate, and the MINI feels somewhere between that and my old Passat.

Window sticker shows 21 city 30 hwy estimate, but I'm getting about 21 mpg in about 75% hwy driving using only Mid and Green modes in the 100 miles - I hope and assume this will go up over time as the engine breaks in and as I lay back on the throttle in 1st/2nd gear and reset my expectations of low-end torque coming from a TDI.

• Anthracite headliner really pulls the interior together with black cross-punch leather.
  • Harman Kardon is a real improvement over the Gen1 HK in my wife's former 2011 Clubman. Much more accurate bass.
  • Head-up Display works really well to keep eyes on the road during station/track changes, etc.
  • The Getrag 6-speed is super-smooth - completely different manual transmission experience from my old Subaru Legacy GT
  • Ability to assign the 6 dash buttons to phone #s and low-level setting changes
  • This car is now my daily commuter but also holds a 2-year-old's forward-facing car seat and a 4-year-old's booster seat with enough space for their legs and my wife and me (both around 5' 8") in ideal front seating positions.
  • It's the only one of its kind in my office garage. I used to be one of three silver Passats in the same LEV row.

Minor Peeves:
  • In all my research I hadn't noticed there's no longer a CD player in the MINI head unit! I'm going to have to see if I can upload some hi-res files to the music collection. Bluetooth Audio is not bad and pretty convenient, though.
  • Tough to get a deep and low lumbar curve with the 4-way power adjustment, may be due to the overall shape of the seatback. Also not savable with the power seat memory settings, unlike Audi/VW.

Thanks for the pics and the review. I really like the newest HK system.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172

Last edited by ECSTuning; 04-13-2016 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:06 PM
fenderod
1st Gear
Quick Clubman ALL4 fuel economy update - after resetting the average mpg, my 43 mile highway commute home in light traffic yielded 32.3 mpg in Mid mode with a 75mph avg hwy speed. Not bad.
4/21 update- achieved 38.3 mpg on commute home Tuesday in mid mode with active cruise set at 72. Better than not bad!

Last edited by fenderod; 04-21-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:22 PM
TC Mini
2nd Gear

Minor Peeves:

Looks Amazing Can't wait for mine to arrive!!
Congrats, it looks amazing!

Last edited by TC Mini; 04-14-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:12 PM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
First time to be Mini owner. Very excited, can't wait! Is there a going to be F54 Clubman Forum? I only just ordered on 04/02 and it is already awaiting shipping, the build was complete today 04/14, 8 days from start of production on 04/06...!

2017 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

C2K Melting Silver Body Color
7KM JCW Interior Package
NYIB Chesterfield Leather: Indigo Blue
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZFL Fully Loaded Package
5A2 LED Headlights
2HU 17" Silver Vent Spoke
507 Rear Park Distance Control
300 Space Saver Spare Tire
302 Alarm System
319 Universal Garage Door Opener with Compass
325 Rear Spoiler
329 Black Bonnet Stripes
383 Black Roof/Mirrors
386 Roof Rails
459 Power Front Seats with Driver Seat Memory
465 40/20/40 Folding Rear Seat
4GX MINI Yours Interior: Fiber Alloy Illuminated
5AA Rear Fog Light
655 SiriusXM Satellite Radio
6AD MINI Head-Up Display
927 All-Season Tires
S2TB 8-Speed Sport Automatic with Paddle Shifters

Can't wait for it to arrive....

Old 04-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by handn
Looking at the OEM wheel offerings the bolt pattern is the same as the F56, but the wheels have a different width and offset.

OEM 17"- 7.5" width, 54 mm offset (vs F56 7" width, 54 mm offset)
OEM 18"- 8" width, 57 mm offset (vs F56 7" width, 54 mm offset)

For a winter wheel/tire set on the Clubman, MINI offers a few OEM options. I like these combos:

7JX16 ET52 with 205/55R16
7.5JX17 ET54 with 225/45R17

(found by digging on realoem.com)
I've been digging around minimania. They have several great looking MINI wheels on there that are 18x7.5 and call out a 45mm offset for clubman fitment. That would be around 10mm more aggressive fitment than the standard 17x7.5 wheels. I'm honestly surprised that the 18" OEM wheels on the clubman are 8" wide. I was expecting 7.5". It looks like the 18" OEM wheels only poke 3mm more than the 17" wheels, so there is a chance that I would get rubbing on the 18x7.5 ET45 wheels since they poke a further 6mm. Unlikely, but a chance depending what rubber was selected. Good info, thanks.

While I love the look of the wheels shown on minimania, I'm uncertain about 18" wheels and tires for snow. Tire rack offers only a single set in the MINI measurements.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:32 AM
fenderod
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TC Mini
First time to be Mini owner. Very excited, can't wait! Is there a going to be F54 Clubman Forum? I only just ordered on 04/02 and it is already awaiting shipping, the build was complete today 04/14, 8 days from start of production on 04/06...!

2017 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

C2K Melting Silver Body Color
7KM JCW Interior Package
NYIB Chesterfield Leather: Indigo Blue
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZFL Fully Loaded Package
5A2 LED Headlights
2HU 17" Silver Vent Spoke
507 Rear Park Distance Control
300 Space Saver Spare Tire
302 Alarm System
319 Universal Garage Door Opener with Compass
325 Rear Spoiler
329 Black Bonnet Stripes
383 Black Roof/Mirrors
386 Roof Rails
459 Power Front Seats with Driver Seat Memory
465 40/20/40 Folding Rear Seat
4GX MINI Yours Interior: Fiber Alloy Illuminated
5AA Rear Fog Light
655 SiriusXM Satellite Radio
6AD MINI Head-Up Display
927 All-Season Tires
S2TB 8-Speed Sport Automatic with Paddle Shifters

Can't wait for it to arrive....

Congratulations - that Chesterfield leather looked really tempting. Did you test drive with the paddle-shifters? When I ordered mine, they only had the standard 8-speed auto to compare with the manual, and I preferred the latter. But I'll bet those paddle shifters will be fun.

I just added some MA-legal ceramic tint to the windows and roof this past weekend. The double roof and all black interior was really letting the car warm up, to the point where I had the AC on last week in sunny 50 degree weather. The ceramic tint really helps.

When your car arrives, interested to hear how you like the foot-activated rear door sensor (if you use it.) Mine works about 25% of the time, and I think my kick technique is pretty sound...

Old 04-18-2016, 02:36 PM
trikerdude
1st Gear
"When your car arrives, interested to hear how you like the foot-activated rear door sensor (if you use it.) Mine works about 25% of the time, and I think my kick technique is pretty sound..."

Keep at it, fenderod -- you'll get the foot activation pattern going. We finally figured out that we were kicking too far under the bumper. The toe of your shoe should just get under it; we get it working basically every time now, left or right footed! Makes a big difference in the grocery store parking lot, especially if the ground is wet.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R55 Clubman Wheels

Originally Posted by Quentin
I've been digging around minimania. They have several great looking MINI wheels on there that are 18x7.5 and call out a 45mm offset for clubman fitment. That would be around 10mm more aggressive fitment than the standard 17x7.5 wheels. I'm honestly surprised that the 18" OEM wheels on the clubman are 8" wide. I was expecting 7.5". It looks like the 18" OEM wheels only poke 3mm more than the 17" wheels, so there is a chance that I would get rubbing on the 18x7.5 ET45 wheels since they poke a further 6mm. Unlikely, but a chance depending what rubber was selected. Good info, thanks.

While I love the look of the wheels shown on minimania, I'm uncertain about 18" wheels and tires for snow. Tire rack offers only a single set in the MINI measurements.
Glad you like the selection! Some great articles and choces here.

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Results/wheel/default

Please let us know if we can help, and don't forget the discount.

Last edited by Mini Mania; 04-19-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:15 PM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
Congratulations - that Chesterfield leather looked really tempting. Did you test drive with the paddle-shifters? When I ordered mine, they only had the standard 8-speed auto to compare with the manual, and I preferred the latter. But I'll bet those paddle shifters will be fun.
Thanks. No, I didn't get a chance to test drive one with the paddle shifters, just knew that I absolutely wanted them. I had them before in previous vehicles and loved them...

I just added some MA-legal ceramic tint to the windows and roof this past weekend. The double roof and all black interior was really letting the car warm up, to the point where I had the AC on last week in sunny 50 degree weather. The ceramic tint really helps.
Definitely will be looking into tinting as well. I was thinking of trying 3m Crystalline this time. I have used their Color Stable before and like it, but this time wanted more heat reflection.

When your car arrives, interested to hear how you like the foot-activated rear door sensor (if you use it.) Mine works about 25% of the time, and I think my kick technique is pretty sound...
Will let you know. My wife is really liking the idea of the comfort access, as I must confess she does the grocery shopping. But, she has her Forester for that. The MINI is mine Although, we all know she will be driving too

Old 04-21-2016, 09:14 AM
SkyRideTravis
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Last Thursday I picked up my All4. Similar to yours, Fenderod. Looks like you have my car's white top brother! I have the Chesterfield Blue interior, Fully Loaded, HUD, cornering headlights, and few other odds and ends. I accidentally Ok'ed the build missing the rear fog lamps. Didn't notice until I was trying to figure out how they worked.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
fenderod
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SkyRideTravis
Last Thursday I picked up my All4. Similar to yours, Fenderod. Looks like you have my car's white top brother! I have the Chesterfield Blue interior, Fully Loaded, HUD, cornering headlights, and few other odds and ends. I accidentally Ok'ed the build missing the rear fog lamps. Didn't notice until I was trying to figure out how they worked.

Congrats. I also omitted (in my case intentionally but now regretfully) the rear fog and have inquired if it can be dealer- installed and at what cost. Looks like the bulb is there and I assume it's pre-wired and just involves swapping the dummy button for a real one. I will post my findings!

Old 04-21-2016, 11:55 AM
SkyRideTravis
2nd Gear
I look forward to it. I know the 2nd generation all had the wiring there. It just needed a switch installed and proper programming.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:02 AM
cadfael_tex
5th Gear

I'd like to see a pic or two if that interior if you don't mind

Old 04-22-2016, 07:37 PM
Camyman
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An introduction

Well I have been lurking a little bit and figure it is time to formally introduce myself. My name is Cameron and I just bought a 16 F54S about a month ago. I work at MINI of Murray and I fell in love when I was a Service Advisor for a couple months while someone was away helping their father with the family business. It was a bit of an impulse purchase to be honest, but after just over a month I am truly in love with this car. It was in the middle of the showroom and I drove a black justa we had as a demo and he liked it and thought it was comfortable (he's NOT a car person like me, in fact we selected his ford because it was blue) and looked nice so I did paperwork and took it home March 13th.

Here is a copy of the build information on my car. MSRP was $43,850. The only things I wish I would have added would have been the paddle shifters, the alarm system and the garage door opener. I can live without these things though, because its nicer than my beater Nissan I was driving around before.

0ZCW

Cold Weather Package

0ZPP

Premium Package

0ZTP

Technology Package /Navigation

07KM

JCW Interior Package

07KN

JCW Exterior Package

07L5

Wired Package

01CA

CO2 relevant vehicles

STEPTRONIC Automatic Trans.

02VB

Tire pressure monitor

02WL

19" JCW Course Spoke Wheels

Space-saver spare

Power-Folding Mirrors

Roof rails

Floor mats

Auto-dimming rearview mirror

Power Front Seats

Split fold-down-rear seat

Center armrest

Storage package

04GX

MINI Yours Fiber Alloy

04NE

Blow-by heater

04V9

MINI Excitement Package

04VA

MINI Driving Modes

Rain sensor and auto headlight

Automatic climate control

Dynamic Cruise Control

On-board computer

05A1

LED Fog Lights

05A4

LED Headlights w/ Cornering

05AA

Rear Fog Lights

05DD

Car jack

Satellite radio w/1 year sub.

06NM

MINI Connected

06NT

MINI Connected XL

06UH

Real Time Traffic Information

White Turn-Signal Lights

08KL

Oil Chg 10,000 mls/12 months

08S4

Variable Light Decoding

08TN

Daytime driving lights

Shipping package

09AA

Transport protection

0ZTM

Tier 2

I am throwing up a couple photos of it as well. For those who haven't seen the Melting Silver yet, photos do NOT do that color justice at all.

Attached Thumbnails 2016 Clubman-img_0181.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_1885.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_9297.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_8288.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_5195.jpg  

2016 Clubman-img_2822.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_3420.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_2363.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_2432.jpg   2016 Clubman-img_0034.jpg  

Old 04-22-2016, 08:36 PM
cadfael_tex
5th Gear
I'm thinking of getting a Justa clubman with the idea of using it for three years and then handing it over to my 13 year old as his first car. So would it make a good first car? For now would it give my two boys 8 and 13 enough room back there for longer trips now?

Old 04-25-2016, 01:58 AM
SkyRideTravis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cadfael_tex
I'd like to see a pic or two if that interior if you don't mind
I'll take some soon. I've been working every day since I got the car, and need to vacuum it already. Dog hair everywhere after less than 2 weeks!

Old 04-26-2016, 07:49 AM
JohnnyQuest
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
... need to vacuum it already. Dog hair everywhere after less than 2 weeks!
If you continue to let your dog drive with the window open, what do you expect? Tell him A/C only.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:15 PM
fenderod
1st Gear
A few more pro/con impressions from 1500 or so miles with my F54 All4 6-speed:

Active cruise and active driving assistant work really well. Only quirky thing so far is when a car in front crosses rapidly from left lane to offramp, there is a delayed reaction and the Clubman brakes well after the other car's out of the way. On the flip side, if a car cuts into your lane too closely in front but keeps accelerating, the Clubman detects this and remains at speed.

Active High Beam rocks - and the LED headlamps are amazingly crisp and bright.

The steering column instrument cluster housing feels like it was left behind during the cockpit redesign - it is the only thing in the car that squeaks over rough pavement. I may start or post in a separate thread on this, but wonder if any long-time MINI owners have ever successfully dealt with this or convinced the service dept to resolve. It's not like some random piece of dash trim that I'd consider prying open to apply surgical tape.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 571 Likes on 487 Posts
2016 base off the lot or factory order should I expect to see any discounts off MSRP beyond the loyalty $500? Salesperson doesn't seem inclined to do anything and I'm a bad negotiator when it comes to cars. Drove a few yesterday and for my wife the base has more than enough power, I'd probably be ok with it as well.

Quick Reply: R55 2016 Clubman