R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 TPMS won't reset for me - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 04:03 AM
buzzbcoop
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPMS won't reset for me - Help!

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, I'm new here. I'm original owner of a 2009 Clubman w/66K; yesterday morning I got into the car, the Low Tire (in red) came on in the digital readout; on speedometer the light was yellow. I figured b/c we had a significant temperature change here (about 25 degrees colder than previous day) that this might be problem. Took it to my local tire center, they found the front Left to be low by 5 lbs; the rest were fine. Since then, the low tire light continues to stay on - in the past I've successfully reset this, using the SET/INFO stick on the windshield wiper control with no problem. Now, when I try to do this it won't get past the automatic wiper icon, then it reverts back to the digital readout and of course the light is still on. Any suggestions - has anyone else had this problem?

Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 AM
danjreed
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Use the BC button on the turn signal stalk, not the wiper button.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:07 AM
buzzbcoop
Neutral
Hi Dan:

Thanks for your reply. I am pressing the BC button on the signal stalk. It will go into the SET INFO after I've held it in but it doesn't give me any options to scroll thru except for the windshield wiper settings, if I press it again, it goes back to the digital (MPG, distance til empty, etc readings). In the past I've reset via the BC for tires (my first set only lasted 30K) without this problem happening.

I'm wanting my old 2007 back, where you could just reset monitor by pressing a button by the hand brake!

Old 10-17-2015, 07:47 AM
danjreed
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh, sorry mis understood your original post.

That's how it works on my car.

So you are saying you can't get to that second menu set?

Old 10-17-2015, 09:22 AM
buzzbcoop
Neutral
TPMS won't reset

Hi Dan:

No problem, I should have explained it a bit better. See attachment - I can get to the set/info section by pressing the BC enough times. I get the SET ok, but the only thing that comes up in settings is one to adjust the rain sensor. Some how, and I'm not sure how I did this, I got the INFO to come up once, but it just showed the low tire message.

I am wondering though - I put air in the front left yesterday after getting the low tire light - it was 4 lbs low at 30 psi -(recommended 34 psi for all). We had a freeze last night - when I checked pressures again this a.m. the front left was down to 30; the other 3 were between 31.5 to 32 (cold). Could I possibly have that same tire reading as low (and maybe has a slow leak) and then causing the light to come/stay on?

It's really annoying the heck out of me, my owners manual is getting worn out - I hate it when something that should be simple doesn't work!

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,
Amanda (and BuzzB)my car. Mine is blue and silver, with the Union Jack on the roof.

Attached Files
File Type: docx
Set Information Mini.docx (535.6 KB, 227 views)