R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 HELP, Suggestions please.. new low pressure fuel pump & HPFP

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 10:09 PM
roach_juts
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP, Suggestions please.. new low pressure fuel pump & HPFP

hello

an update from my previous post
dealer replaced the HPFP, and an indie shop replaced the low pressure fuel pump, but still same symptoms...

pushed the start button with all light on and need to wait 2-5 mins and pumping the gas pedal a few times before cranking the motor to start the engine, some times its starts on the first crank, if not repeat process.. crank crank the engine starts... No check engine, it runs full power, the whole day, till everything gets cold again, to restart the engine

mechanic did check , gas sprays from HPFP ,

now they are suggesting to replace my fuel injectors ( 2d6a, 2d6b, 2d68, 2d69 codes) but there saying its impossible, that all injectors is at fault

Next suggestion is to Replaced my DME, ECU.. which will be to much $$$ for sure

need suggestions please, which should i do first, to solve this problem??

they do have a donor DMe unit with Key fab & fuel injectors to use, to test, before i spend $$$ for replacement parts

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails HELP, Suggestions please.. new low pressure fuel pump & HPFP-imag6699.jpg  
Old 03-11-2016, 01:01 AM
rafale30
Neutral
Hello roach_juts

I have the same issue on my MCS '07.

Do you have found any solution ?

Thanks you in advance

Regards

Old 03-11-2016, 07:57 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,096 Likes on 1,870 Posts
Originally Posted by roach_juts
hello

dealer replaced the HPFP, and an indie shop replaced the low pressure fuel pump, but still same symptoms...

pushed the start button with all light on and need to wait 2-5 mins and pumping the gas pedal a few times before cranking the motor to start the engine, some times its starts on the first crank, if not repeat process.. crank crank the engine starts... No check engine, it runs full power, the whole day, till everything gets cold again, to restart the engine

now they are suggesting to replace my fuel injectors ( 2d6a, 2d6b, 2d68, 2d69 codes) but there saying its impossible, that all injectors is at fault

they do have a donor DMe unit with Key fab & fuel injectors to use, to test, before i spend $$$ for replacement parts

Thanks

Did you check the main wiring harness , sounds like a ground is not attached or the harness might have damage ? Do you have a pic of the engine ? Harness?

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-13-2016, 11:53 PM
roach_juts
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Did you check the main wiring harness , sounds like a ground is not attached or the harness might have damage ? Do you have a pic of the engine ? Harness?
Hi ecstuning, pls explain which wiring harness is giving me a trouble, and whats the location so i can take a pic of it .... thanks

Old 04-14-2016, 12:01 AM
roach_juts
2nd Gear
Update!!!!!

hello

Thanks
I did not go back to my indi shop, and just run the car as is with hard to start the motor, but after 2weeks the car started normally, start in 1 click, dont know what happend but i was happy with the results

But yesterday march 15,2016 same symptoms again, same codes high pressure fuel injector high side , on all 4 injectors... and its more difficult to start the car...
NeED Advice pls or if anybody has the same experience

Ohh yeah my indi mech told me, he encounterd the same codes i got on a different car with different sysptoms
"No boost" or engine power.... so so weird!!!

Old 04-14-2016, 12:04 AM
roach_juts
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rafale30
Hello roach_juts

I have the same issue on my MCS '07.

Do you have found any solution ?

Thanks you in advance

Regards
Still no solutions....
I think inhave no choice and spend $$$$ to swap out the ecu n injectors..... tsk tsk tsk!!!!

Old 07-01-2022, 01:19 PM
nikolapetrovic
Neutral
hello

Thanks
Solved? Please help me.

Old 07-28-2022, 04:26 PM
Bipolarshark
Neutral
Response to fuel injector and pump codes

I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering what your fuel pressure readings are? I had the same intermittent issue I chase for a long time, come to find out a squirrel or something had chewed most of the way through the ground wire in the harness. Intermittently it would fully contact and run great, but I guess sometimes when I hit a bump it would move. When I ohmed it to a body ground, I had .12 ohms When I wiggle the wire, it would go up to 80 ohms. Checking the wire to the negative battery terminal gave me 0.5 ohms, Iran a new ground wire from the connector straight to a body ground . I know it's supposed to be grounded through the ecu, but this gave me zero ohms of resistance. I also cleaned all my grounds and ran an additional wire from my negative battery terminal to the rear of the motor. Fixed my problem, fuel pressure back at 121 psi, running great. Let me know if you need help, I've grown intimately familiar with my mini, hopefully I can help save you some time and headaches

Old 07-29-2022, 10:19 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,096 Likes on 1,870 Posts
Thanks for the update, Thats good information!
I had my engine bay on my r52 chewed up twice and both times covered by insurance

Another thing we find is sometimes people break the connection point on the harness at the neck, if you look at the top of the pump that connection sometimes get damaged on removal or install of the pump, the pump is heavy and the connection is thin wall socket plastic

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Sit...h/13517588879/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172