R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2017 Homework

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Johnny Danger
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini Mania
Would love to see some photos, Johnny Danger and 2017All4. The All4 is gaining a large following.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.
Will do!

In the meantime, try and visualize a black Clubman S ALL4 with black wheels, along with my own Porsche Signal Green Stripes

Old 11-03-2016, 07:35 PM
JCByrdman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
Will do!

In the meantime, try and visualize a black Clubman S ALL4 with black wheels, along with my own Porsche Signal Green Stripes
Sounds awesome. I ordered mine a week ago to cash in on the zero percent financing and all the other discounts I could grab (along with the traditional beating of the dealer to get a favorable price)...

Mines actually on the production line even as we speak (I heard that it would be long wait times but this seems very quick to me).

2017 Clubman S All4 in Melting Silver (manual as well) outfitted with the black wheels and lots of other goodies.

Sad that the site owners won't add in the full list of 3rd Gen MINI's. I've messaged the admins two or three times now. I even dangled the carrot that if they added those sub forums I'd actually be a paying member..... No joy yet.

Old 11-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Johnny Danger
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JCByrdman
Sounds awesome. I ordered mine a week ago to cash in on the zero percent financing and all the other discounts I could grab (along with the traditional beating of the dealer to get a favorable price)...

Mines actually on the production line even as we speak (I heard that it would be long wait times but this seems very quick to me).

2017 Clubman S All4 in Melting Silver (manual as well) outfitted with the black wheels and lots of other goodies.

Sad that the site owners won't add in the full list of 3rd Gen MINI's. I've messaged the admins two or three times now. I even dangled the carrot that if they added those sub forums I'd actually be a paying member..... No joy yet.
If you don't mind me asking, which MINI dealer did you purchase from?

Old 11-04-2016, 04:01 PM
JCByrdman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
If you don't mind me asking, which MINI dealer did you purchase from?
Inskip in RI... Awesome dealer (this will be my 3rd MINI from them)

Old 11-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Johnny Danger
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JCByrdman
Inskip in RI... Awesome dealer (this will be my 3rd MINI from them)
I've been there for service on 2 or 3 occasions. Excellent people especially Darrell in service :thumbs:

However, I ultimately went back to Herb Chambers where I bought my previous two MINIs.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Johnny Danger
2nd Gear
I picked up my new Clubman S ALL4 last week. And, so far I'm extremely delighted with the vehicle. As I mentioned previously, it's a huge step forward in terms of refinement and sophistication over my previous MINIs (2008 Cooper S Hardtop and 2012 Clubman S). Yet nothing diminishes the signature MINI "go-cart" handling and feel. There's simply a whole lot less edge and buckboard ride than my other MINIs. In fact, whether it's a case of better tire technology or MINI's new AWD suspension system, or both, even the run-flat tires seem to perform significantly better.

Above and beyond performance, the new Clubman's ergonomics and peripherals (i.e. Bluetooth and audio interface) are finally on par with other premium brands. In addition, the build quality and cabin "bits and pieces" are a marked improvement as well. But, then again, MINI has always possessed an excellent build quality.

Also worth nothing, the LED headlights are an absolute must have option, as they put to shame any previous HID/Xenon system that I've ever experienced.

p.s. Sorry for the lousy images. Don't know why they wouldn't upload properly ?

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Homework-img_0688.jpg   2017 Homework-img_0685.jpg   2017 Homework-img_0686.jpg  

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 11-14-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:16 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R55

That's great information, Johnny, thanks for sharing. Sometimes we hear that the newer MINIs may have lost some of their personality and performance as the line has become larger, more comfortable, and more successful. It's encouraging to hear that MINI hasn't lost its appeal and its roots as the brand evolves, and become even more sophisticated. Thanks for the pix! She's a beaut.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Johnny Danger
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Mania
That's great information, Johnny, thanks for sharing. Sometimes we hear that the newer MINIs may have lost some of their personality and performance as the line has become larger, more comfortable, and more successful. It's encouraging to hear that MINI hasn't lost its appeal and its roots as the brand evolves, and become even more sophisticated. Thanks for the pix! She's a beaut.

The loss of personality and MINI's signature handling were main concerns of mine as well.

Again, my I'm impression so far, is that the funny factor has remained, while some of the MINI shortcomings and hard angles have been matured quite a bit.

I forget to mention also, that the new 2.0 liter turbo engine is a definite step up from the previous 1.6. It has a much more robust feel and sound than the previous engine, which at times could feel anemic. In fact, I'm surprised to see just how much of a growl it has. It sounds more like the Subaru WRX boxer engine than any MINI leading up to now.