R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Issues with R55 Non S

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Nicklous Combs
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issues with R55 Non S

Sorry for the long post in advance!.

About a month ago I was getting some timing over-retarded codes. That being said I decided to get started working on it. It has 126k miles on it so i figured why not a timing chain replacement. After ordering all the tools and parts the work began.

While I was in the process of setting the timing (the crank pin wasn't pushed all the way in and the timing chain was off when i was manually turning over the engine . After trying to get all 4 cylinders at 90 degrees (with a plastic hanger in all to see the level) one broke off in the engine. After that it was time to remove the head, and with it off why not i decided to take it in and have head work done nothing crazy just replace seals and cleaning ect).

After i got everything back, i went to assemble everything. i tried to start it and it tried to crank and then died (battery was low). put it on the charger over night and tried the next day. Now all it will do is just crank and crank but wont fire up.

Using my Foxwell NT510 Full-System Diagnostic Scan Tool these are the codes i am getting. I guess my next step would be to replace the battery? (*also to note it doesn't appear my mini is equipped with the IBS sensor as the negative terminal on the battery doesn't show extra electronics but i will pull it out soon to check) also compared what was said in the Bently manual.
(i did get new camshaft sensors as well as part of this work and tried both the new pair and the old pair i had, as well as the Vanos sensors)

9e31 not present SZL undervoltage
9cb5 present from battery exhausted
Ihks undervoltage or over voltage
E736 not present AC compressor
Jbe undervoltage to terminal 30
5d5f not present DSC interface jbe signal fault
Engine DME motor electronics
2983 present DME inlet camshaft sensor
2986 present DME exhaust camshaft sensor

These are the codes, if anyone can help pinpoint me in the direction of something i have been overlooking that would be great.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:46 AM
Nicklous Combs
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

After unplugging and reseating some of the sensors and taking the positive and negative together for 30 seconds some of the codes cleared.

These are the codes it is throwing now *using the Foxwell sensor*:
Engine-DME Mortor Electoronics:
* DME: Inlet camshaft sensor (2983/present)
* DME: Exhaust camshaft sensor (2986/present)
FRM2 Footwell Module 2:
*FRM Clearance light, right, Faulty (A8AD/Present)
*FRM: Battery exhausted (9CB5/present)