R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Unable to access person profile program

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016 | 03:50 PM
Boathead
|
Neutral
Unable to access person profile program

Hi all,
New owner of a nice 2009 r55 . Lots to learn about this little rig but getting there. I have tried getting into the person profile mode and I'm unable to access the locking menu.
First day out the wifey locked herself out of the car with the engine running so I had to access with a second key. I'm guessing this may have something to do with my problem. I want to disable the auto lock feature but can't get the info to display using the BC button.
Any thought or suggestions appreciated.
Carl

Old 10-18-2016 | 06:16 AM
Jeff Proctor
1st Gear
Autolock is the worst. I used to use my BMW x3 for farm work, and it would lock the doors evertime the car moved. Stuff would turn over, in the back, and you would jump out and could not get the doors open! Unsuspecting people would lock them selves out and all kinds of horrors. Personally, I advocate for enhanced personal agency and personal responsibility, and I do not need a car to micromanage its locking system under the guise of safety. If I were so deficiently tooled that I did not have the responsibility to keep the doors shut while driving, I probably should not be doing anything pertinent anyway.

I am curious if anyone knows how to access this for the sake of curiosity. My car does not have this feature turned on with its keys, but I know there are personal profiles that can be set to keys. I have seen people talk about it in various places, and even spotted it in the owners manual, but I have never seen how to set them.