R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Interior rattle solved

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 07:52 AM
aviaator
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interior rattle solved

Hey gang,

Got a new to me 2014 MCC and it had an annoying interior rattle. From the drivers seat it sounded like it was coming from the passenger side door(s), particularly the rear mini-door on that side.

Turned out the PO had broken a tab off the overhead light - the one above the rear seat - and it was hanging down slightly (not enough to notice) but was rattling in the mounting hole. A little duct tape around the broken tab, shoved the light back up in the roof, quieted it down.

Just wanted to get on record a possible rattle source for anyone searching for solutions.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:09 AM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
Thanks for sharing Mike. I've been pretty luck so far - zero rattles on my Clubby.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:25 PM
Christian Hodges
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could be so lucky. I have a 2011 MCC and I raddles like crazy. It's got this constant raddle in the roof of my car right above my sun visors, asked the dealership to look at it and they want $300 to tear it apart but the guy warned me that there is no guarantee they would be able to fix it. So I could just be out of $300.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:51 PM
aviaator
2nd Gear
It's funny how rattles can sound like they're coming from different places. Like I said with mine I would have sworn it was the club door but it was the dome light.

Have you taken off the cover for the front map lights/switch cluster/BT microphone? Could be something in there...

Old 11-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Christian Hodges
Neutral
Well I haven't but pretty sure it's in the roof, at first I thought it was my sun visors so I took both of those out wasn't that but if I put pressure were the sun visor was there's no raddle and it's only on the passenger size

Old 11-16-2016, 07:26 PM
aviaator
2nd Gear
Ugh that sucks. I can't imagine what's running up there besides wiring for the passenger vanity mirror.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:07 PM
Christian Hodges
Neutral
So I figured it out. I drive my car every day it was just driving me insane why it raddled. So I did what any Mini owner would do tried to fix the problem myself I just finished 3hrs worth of pulling my entire headliner out so I could see behind it and try to find the raddle. After doing so I discovered that my headliner had been replaced before, and when they put it back they broke one of the clips that hold the headliner, pulled the broken clip out no more raddle!!!

Old 11-17-2016, 04:47 AM
aviaator
2nd Gear
Awesome! Glad you found it but sux that you had to pull out the headliner.