R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Maintenance Plan Upgrade Pleasant Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:05 AM
aviaator
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maintenance Plan Upgrade Pleasant Surprise

I took my new-to-me 2014 Clubby to the local (Sterling, VA) dealer yesterday to have it looked over before the manufacturer's warranty runs out since I knew the in-service date was 10/2013. The horn lo tone was not working and my BMWhat app showed an EWS-DME interface error code.

Service advisor predictably comes out with a laundry list of things that "need" to be done besides the warranty repairs I brought it in for... oil change, cabin air filter, brake flush, tire rotate/balance, etc. (Oil was changed less than 1,000 miles ago.)

I told him I'm only here for warranty work and will do the other things myself. He responds "but it's no charge." Come again?? Yeah, apparently the PO purchased the maintenance plan upgrade so the oil/cabin filter/brake flush will be NC. I declined the tire rotate since I'll be putting on my winter tires soon anyway. Dealer gave me a free loaner and said "we'll call you when it's done."

I bought the car a few weeks ago from a non-MINI dealer and they were apparently unaware it had the maint plan -- and priced it accordingly. Which means I got an even better deal than I first thought.

Just thought I'd gloat.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:03 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
That is a pleasant surprise for sure I also found that out with my used car after going to the dealer for a routine oil change. "Wait what, maintenance until 10/2019??" "Yes sir." So the third party dealer I bought it from definitely did not know that, otherwise they'd have advertised that and raised the price for sure. And they didn't know about the $$$ xpel clear bra on the car either. Congrats on the good deal!

Old 11-17-2016, 10:19 AM
mashby
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thats amazing. Congrats!

And.... I kind of hate you just a little bit. ;-)

Old 11-17-2016, 12:46 PM
aviaator
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts