R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Should I add additional Tranny Cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017 | 06:20 AM
IDoSeaDoo
|
2nd Gear
Should I add additional Tranny Cooler?

Hey guys, we just bought a 2009 Clubman S. It lost a vacuum pump and I'll be doing some engine work. My wife is considering keeping this and letting go our Honda Civic. I am wary of this, as the mini is known to be a bit more problematic than a Honda, but it is SOOO much more fun. One thing that has me wondering is if adding an additional tranny cooler is a good idea. I hear good thing about this auto trans, but I still avoid them, knowing the kinds of problems they present. Has anyone burned up their tranny, or thinks it's worth the trouble to add a second tranny cooler?

Old 04-04-2017 | 01:08 PM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
I am wary of this, as the mini is known to be a bit more problematic than a Honda

That is an understatement of all times. It's cooled via the main radiator so if your water temps are normal should not be an issue. The auto trannies are great in MINI's, outlast the clutch models by alot , most everyone needs a new clutch at 50K and I speak from experience.