R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Help needed to swap oem sat nav to bluetooth device

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 03:06 AM
David Mizzi
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Help needed to swap oem sat nav to bluetooth device

Hi, Im the proud owner of a new (to me &#128518 Mini R55 cooper S with OEM Sat Nav + steering controls and oem HiFi 10speaker system....

The car is great but has no bluetooth connectivity... Been searching around the forums/ online store for ages but cont seem to find a retrofitable system compatible eith mine for bluetooth unless I use something like parrots MKi or a Bury bluetooth adapter to aux input.

Ive found several aftermarket head units available to upgrade on the standard boost system but they all state they are not compatible with cars that already have the oem sat nav and hifi amp. Im guessing this is due to wiring being incompatible...

Did anyone in my situation find a workaround to get an aftermarket headunit installed instead of the oem setup? I know the centre console with sat nav is not compatible with these aftermarket units but i can easily swap out this. Will the wiring be such an issue to get it to work with these units? And would it be possible to still get the dash warnings etc... On the new head unit as I had in my oem setup?

Or maybe does someone know of a ready compatible unit with bluetooth? Im not worried about cutting into and modifying my wiring as long as someone can point me out where to start off from and whats the best setup available for me?

The following users liked this post:
thekevlarkid (06-13-2020)
Old 11-02-2019, 04:11 AM
David Mizzi
Neutral
Slight update, seems like the oem hifi system can work with these chinese headunits with a slight modification to wiring.

Only issue still holding me back on ordering the new setup is the seemingly incompatibility due to factory nav installed? Anyone managed to get around this?

Btw this is what kind of head unit ive been looking into installing...

https://www.seicane.com/car-gps-navi...v-dvr-s127017g

The following users liked this post:
thekevlarkid (06-13-2020)
Old 11-03-2019, 06:39 AM
David Mizzi
Neutral
Also possibly considering using something like this.

https://www.dension.com/automotive/p...ateway-lite-bt

Has anybody seen one of these installed? What are they like, and do they display any track info on the sat nav display?

Old 06-13-2020, 03:07 PM
thekevlarkid
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David, do you have any updates you can provide?

i have a 2010 R55 S with the HK+Navi and have been wanting to install a new nav unit that is car play compatible, so I’m very much interested in hearing what you learn about the “incompatibility” issues the Chinese sellers list.

please advise!

thank you!

Old 07-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Miniguru
Neutral
Originally Posted by David Mizzi
Slight update, seems like the oem hifi system can work with these chinese headunits with a slight modification to wiring.

Only issue still holding me back on ordering the new setup is the seemingly incompatibility due to factory nav installed? Anyone managed to get around this?

Btw this is what kind of head unit ive been looking into installing...

https://www.seicane.com/car-gps-navi...v-dvr-s127017g
Hello David. ere you able to get this installed ?

Old 07-27-2020, 12:28 PM
thekevlarkid
1st Gear
David, pleassssse tell me that you have new information to share regarding this upgrade install!