R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Forge hoses not fitting correctly - any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 06:55 PM
David.R53
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Forge hoses not fitting correctly - any ideas?

Bought several pieces of pretty Forge hoses / ducting for my 2010 Clubman S (build date 12/2009) to delete the noise maker and resonator, (and the old plastic ones were 10 years old). The fit isn't great - or there is some operator error -

First, the air-filter-housing to turbo pipe has a small pipe that comes off the side going to the valve cover that doesn't fit correctly. They overlap by about an inch, where I really need a 1/2 inch or so gap to fit that sensor in there.

Second, the intercooler to intake manifold pipe seems to rub against the frame rail. Not sure how long that would last before it gets perforated.

I've checked both ends of both hoses and they both looking fully seated and straight.

Anybody else install these? Did they fit? Did you alter them in any way?

Thanks!!

Forge intake hose - from the air filter housing to the turbocharger inlet. Close up view

Forge intake hose - from the air filter housing to the turbocharger inlet. wider view

Forge intake hose - from intercooler to intake manifold - close up view showing touching the frame rail

Forge intake hose - from intercooler to intake manifold - wider view.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:47 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 576 Likes on 432 Posts
On the intake tube, I would either a. Ask vendor whom you bought it from and make sure it’s the right one or b. I would personally take my time and trim both tubes till it fit, measuring a couple thousand times, pace back in forth, take a vape break, then man up and trim away. As for the other one, I don’t know if my pics will help any but they are below. For me the hardest part of this was getting the damn noise maker out, other than that the forge tube slid right back in with a wiggle or 2.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:46 AM
David.R53
5th Gear
Thanks. Looks like yours fits similar to mine. I can cut it, but feel silly paying top dollar for the name brand product to then have to whittle it to fit...

I noticed it looks like you capped off that vent hose that connects to the right rear (near the forge intake hose) of the valve cover. Where did you get the caps from? Is that a common modification?

Old 04-20-2020, 06:53 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 576 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by David.R53
Thanks. Looks like yours fits similar to mine. I can cut it, but feel silly paying top dollar for the name brand product to then have to whittle it to fit...

I noticed it looks like you capped off that vent hose that connects to the right rear (near the forge intake hose) of the valve cover. Where did you get the caps from? Is that a common modification?
I knew you where going to ask, I ordered them from ECS, you will need 2. I did it so the oil/gas mix wouldn’t enter into my intake manifold, cutting down on crud get to intake valves, I do have an OCC on other side. Some people do it, some don’t, for 25 bucks it was a no brainer for me. I did keep the pcv tube just in case, but 5000 trouble free miles, so it just collects dust in basement. I do believe there is a double OCC that hooks into both sides and I know there is one just for this side with check valves in it.

Old 04-21-2020, 06:48 PM
David.R53
5th Gear
I measured twice, and cut the little hose to fit. Cut it at an angle that matched the sensor. Seems ok, but no way can I fit the giant hose clamp they provided to the connection onto the valve cover. I don't like the idea of leaving it just snug and not clamped. Will work on it again tomorrow. Any more suggestions are very welcome...

Old 04-22-2020, 04:15 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,852 Likes on 1,476 Posts
I think you will be fine with it just snug. I actually left the clamps, the MAF end and the turbo end, on my OEM turbo inlet pipe loose for a whole week! Only noticed it because I was checking the oil level.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:23 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,096 Likes on 1,870 Posts
Sorry just saw here is the diy. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-2010-jcw.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-23-2020, 07:05 AM
David.R53
5th Gear
Thanks for the link to the DIY. That person struggled with getting some hoses off. I didn't have that problem (head was off, all hoses were off...). That car also had and aftermarket filter housing - I have the stock air filter in the stock location. The short hose that goes to the PCV wouldn't fit and had to be cut and I have no way of getting the hose clamp onto the stub on the valve cover, but its a little snug. I'm hoping it stays now. Will try to source a wire hose clamp or something similar I could sneak into the little space.