R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 two questions, with pictures attached.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:41 AM
flav
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
two questions, with pictures attached.

two questions, with pictures attached.

1. the rubber tube at the top of my hatch is too short and keeps popping out of the hole. inside this tube are wires. the only thing stopping water from getting to the wire and in the hatch hole in the rain is this rubber tube. why would it be too short, seems weird to me. anyway that keeps popping complelety out. if water does get in the hatch does it just drain out like the doors or would that be a possible problem (rust ect.).

2. the little rubber feet on each side of the boot hatch. the little clear stickers came off where those meet the paint. also these little rubber feet are getting bent and distorted when i close the boot. what purpose do these serve. does this really matter? i screwed them in furthur and not they dont meet up with the paint at all when the boot is closed.

should i bring these up to my dealer? are they even a big deal? it would seem like my rear hatch is really misaligned bad but all the gaps seem ok and it all looks fine. anybody else notice this stuff? and agin, im ok with all this but i dont want a rust issue or electrical issue or leaking down the road.

Attached Thumbnails two questions, with pictures attached.-05-07-07_0713.jpg   two questions, with pictures attached.-05-07-07_0714.jpg   two questions, with pictures attached.-05-07-07_0715.jpg  
Old 05-07-2007, 04:46 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flav
...2. the little rubber feet on each side of the boot hatch. the little clear stickers came off where those meet the paint. also these little rubber feet are getting bent and distorted when i close the boot. what purpose do these serve. does this really matter? i screwed them in furthur and not they dont meet up with the paint at all when the boot is closed...
I'd ask for more stickers. The rubber ***** are made adjustable by design to tighten the fit (and reduce rattle) of your boot over the years of wear. If they are distorting too much, screwing them in will help.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:03 AM
flav
5th Gear
awesome thanks,

do the stickers help protect the paint? what is their purpose. if so will the paint wear and rust if i dont get stickers.

also my bigger concern is the tub that keeps popping out of the top (image shown). it keep popping complelety out of that hole exposing the whole inside.

does the boot hatch have the ability to drain itself like the other doors? if water gets into that hole will it sit and rust or drain all out? and will it mess with the electrical.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:40 AM
lava
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The flexible boot covering your wiring looks to be installed incorrectly. Do you see how at the other end there is a bell at the end that meets the metal and completely covers the hole. On your problem end that bell looks to be shoved completely into the hole.

Show it to your dealer, or if you have the nerve you can try to carefully pull it out, don't tear it, and then try to seat it properly. It shouldn't be hard, but don't do it if you are not comfortable with it. Thats what your warrantee is for.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 AM
bmwgr1
2nd Gear
TRUNK

I had a 2004 mini that had dameged seal around the high third break light.
Water did get in,it made it's way around the rear window and in side the trunk and filled the car jack (i dident have a jack in my 2004 because of run flat option) space which the water couldent drain away.