R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 New Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 03:21 PM
JohnBLZ
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Feature Request

MINIUSA...

I would kill to have a rear window in the boot that rolled down.... Aside from re-engineering where the rear wiper goes (and is powered)... I think this is entirely possible and adding the support structure could help with the rear collisions..

Sorry...perfect day to motor here in KC and would love to have driver/passenger windows down with the sunroof back AND no rear glass to really make the wind blow through..

Old 05-12-2007, 03:29 PM
naruto16
2nd Gear
I would like a "Sport Switch" instead of the "sport button". So I can leave it at sport and dun have to turn it to sport after restart, and vice versa.

Boost Gauge and Oil Temp gauge. omg a turbo engine without those gauges? geez.

Otherwise, this car is perfect.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:13 PM
gforce23
4th Gear
I'd like a smaller centre pie! That's the only thing I don't like about the car! Makes me wanna rip the entire thing out.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:42 PM
mufflethis
4th Gear
Originally Posted by naruto16
I would like a "Sport Switch" instead of the "sport button". So I can leave it at sport and dun have to turn it to sport after restart, and vice versa.

The switch. Brilliant!!!!!

Old 05-12-2007, 08:06 PM
at7815
3rd Gear
My request is simple - one touch for the windows to go up (we already get this for them to go down) and one touch to open the sunroof instead of holding the stupid switch the whole time!

Aside from that and the sport button discussed above...I love the car!

Old 05-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by naruto16

I'm not sure about perfect (that's a high standard), but I agree with all the wishes. The switch would be great, or a button that stayed down.
I've been looking for gauges since I ordered the MCS. I use a vacuum gauge on my Integra and find it quite useful. Like to see a boost/vacuum on the MCS.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a programming option to have the 'Sport" switch default to on, instead of off. No switch needed. No physical change needed and could be incorporated into all the current Mini's with a software upgrade.

The only other thing I would like to see in my car,...IS MY CAR!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
michimini
Neutral
Originally Posted by at7815
My request is simple - one touch for the windows to go up (we already get this for them to go down) and one touch to open the sunroof instead of holding the stupid switch the whole time!

Aside from that and the sport button discussed above...I love the car!
Not so sure one-touch-up window would be a good idea. Anybody who's worked in a warehouse before must have noticed that any automatic bay doors may have a single button that will slide the door up without holding the toggle, but it would be a clear safety concern to have a one touch button to close the bay door, in case there was anyone or anything in the doors path. You always have to keep your finger on the close button so it can be stopped easily in case of any emergency. I think this is the same reasoning behind the lack of an auto window up setting on the windows, to minimize the chance of something getting stuck in the window as its going up by itself.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:30 AM
ygblat
4th Gear
Originally Posted by michimini
Not so sure one-touch-up window would be a good idea. Anybody who's worked in a warehouse before must have noticed that any automatic bay doors may have a single button that will slide the door up without holding the toggle, but it would be a clear safety concern to have a one touch button to close the bay door, in case there was anyone or anything in the doors path. You always have to keep your finger on the close button so it can be stopped easily in case of any emergency. I think this is the same reasoning behind the lack of an auto window up setting on the windows, to minimize the chance of something getting stuck in the window as its going up by itself.
Auto-up windows all have pressure sensors that will not allow anything to get jammed. The window will stop its motion and open slightly if feels that its normal operation was impeded.

And Skuzzy, how can you possibly expect your car to be inside itself? Sounds like something out of a Heidegger essay

Old 05-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Someone got it.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
New / old feature . . . would be nice to adjust the height of the sholder harness again. We know the technology is available, my other 3 MINIs had it. Looks like the bean counters won out. Not a good trend for a "luxury" small car.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 AM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JohnBLZ
MINIUSA...

I would kill to have a rear window in the boot that rolled down.... Aside from re-engineering where the rear wiper goes (and is powered)... I think this is entirely possible and adding the support structure could help with the rear collisions..

Sorry...perfect day to motor here in KC and would love to have driver/passenger windows down with the sunroof back AND no rear glass to really make the wind blow through..
This usually doesn't work on cars without removable tops (i.e. - anything but a convertible) because the exhaust usually finds its way into the cabin, even at speed.

Zip

Old 05-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Trinity07
6th Gear
Great ideas so far! I completely agree with the boost/temp gauges, a sport switch rather than a button and auto open for the sunroof. I cant think of much else to add.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to see GPS readout on the NAV with latitude and longitude coordinates. There should also be a way to input lat. long coordinates for the destination.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Warped1966
5th Gear
How about a full instrumentation package? Boost, amps/volts, oil pressure, water temp etc.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:46 AM
BludyL
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
I'd like to see GPS readout on the NAV with latitude and longitude coordinates. There should also be a way to input lat. long coordinates for the destination.
If you have the 2007 Nav system, there is a latitude and longitude coordinates page. I think it's under Car Info? I was fiddling around with my nav system and I stumbled upon it, but can't remember exactly how I got there.

As for being able to input lat, the closest thing that I got was where you can use the map, and scroll through it to pick a new destination. Sorry, but I can't remember how I got that either. But basically, you can use the joystick to move a crosshair and pick a new destination.

I'm only on day four of having my car, but I would like to see integration between the NAV systems Address Book and the Phone systems address book. I should be able to use the addresses in my phone as destinations for the nav.

I would also love to have a Video input (as well as the usual audio aux input) on my center console.

Last edited by BludyL; 05-13-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:08 PM
flav
5th Gear
my only gripe is the HiFi stereo. Very inconsistent in sound quality and has no volume meter (impossible to tell how high or low the volume is). which is really bad because when i turn the car off and back on the volume by design goes back down to a quiet level. then i have to guess where to turn the volume back up to. it really sucks.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:33 PM
remphoto
3rd Gear
I've owned a number of BMW's and they have auto up windows and auto open (and close) sunroofs. Not sure why they isn't done on the MINI but I miss it. Other nits besides what's been mentioned? How about a real sunblocker for the sunroof? The sun really shines through the net, can only imagine what it will be like this summer. I'm thinking of inserting a piece of foam board. Also, the sunroof is the noisiest I've ever experienced, whether in vent mode or fully opened. Other than these complaints, we like everything else, so far.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by at7815
My request is simple...one touch to open the sunroof instead of holding the stupid switch the whole time!
My sunroof will fully open with one push and release...You're telling me they removed that on the R56? How stupid!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM
dxl007
2nd Gear
There has to be an easy way to accomplish two of the things on the list. The sport button should be easy to change via the wiring to come on at start up. I have only have my MCS for 2 weeks so I haven't had a chance to pull it apart and figure it out. And the auto up should be a relay change. There has to be someone who could figure it out quickly. As for needing guages, I think once the bugs are worked out of the dash hawk it will provide all the information you need.