R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 blackout kits for the R56 S side markers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout kits for the R56 S side markers

OK I know how some people just don't want chrome to show anywhere on their car. Well for the R56 I'm sure it will be the same.

That is why I came up with this exclusive design for the R56 to Blackout the Side markers. The design is almost complete. I will make a few changes to it be for I send them out but here is what they will look like.

Let me know what you guys think and what changes you would like to see.

I also have a couple ideas I'm working on for the inside but that will be for another thread.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
pico
2nd Gear
I like it, beats spray paint. How about for the headlight rings?

Old 05-20-2007, 10:41 PM
gforce23
4th Gear
Looks pretty good. Any chance of sticking a red "S" in there?

Old 05-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gforce23
Looks pretty good. Any chance of sticking a red "S" in there?
Better make that optional, if you do it. I can see not wanting the color accent.

So, is that powder coated, or what?

Old 05-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Canvasmonkey
2nd Gear
OK I know how some people just don't want chrome to show anywhere on their car. Well for the R56 I'm sure it will be the same.
AMEN!!! I HATE CHROME, so is there any chance for headlight trim or are we going to have to resort to blackout tape & spray paint

Old 05-21-2007, 05:05 AM
07chilired
5th Gear
that's awesome! I don't want any chrome on my car, so plans for blacking out the headlight rings and beltline are in progress. I would love to have the side markers done like that, with a red s instead though. How did you do it? Any plans for blacking out the door handles or gas cap?

07 CR/B red/black reverse stripes, anthracite headliner, 17" black team dynamic pro race 1 wheels, schroth harness, carbon lounge leather interiorblackout kits for the R56 S side markers-016_09a.jpg

Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 AM
lava
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow - I don't mind the stock side markers, but these look great. Post on availability/price when you know.

Hey 07chilired - where have you been hiding those sports stripes? People have been looking for examples:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=101276

Old 05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
thlaxx
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahaha chilired from cardomain!

I'm still unsure about all the chrome, I like it, but then again I blacked out my Mini badge on the front and back of my car [click on my cardomain link in my sig to look] and i really like it. It goes well with the DE black plate

Old 05-21-2007, 01:08 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
The Mini Badges look good in black.

I have to do some adjustments on the sidemarkers before I can sell them. They will be on the website and ready for ordering by the end of the week. I changed out the S because I was showing off the S decals for the 07.

At this time I don't have any plans of making blackout kits for the Lights. But they may be available in the near future.

I talked to MINIUSA at the Dragon about coming up with Black door handles as a factory option. We'll have to wait and see where that goes.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work!! I have often wondered if the center part of the MCS side marker could, along with being black, be pressed into service for other graphic treatments...flags, checkers, things like that. If you had a theme going on w/ your MINI, why not??

Old 05-23-2007, 07:05 AM
dsg_va
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 07chilired
that's awesome! I don't want any chrome on my car, so plans for blacking out the headlight rings and beltline are in progress. I would love to have the side markers done like that, with a red s instead though. How did you do it? Any plans for blacking out the door handles or gas cap?

07 CR/B red/black reverse stripes, anthracite headliner, 17" black team dynamic pro race 1 wheels, schroth harness, carbon lounge leather interiorAttachment 21144
i dont want to any chrome on my car... my DS/B R56 it will arrive next week, i ve already matt black vinil to cover chrome light chrome ring front and rear....
the blackout side marker is perfet solution to not paint, GREAT!!
As soon i post pic for you....

Bye from Italy

FAb

Old 05-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Mozza
5th Gear
For people looking for alternative door handles here they are in carbon fiber...

http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop...uctshow&id=461

Old 05-24-2007, 02:44 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Thise CF Dorr handles are sweat!! to bad they are in the UK for those across the pond.

My R56 page is up now and ready for ordering. Sheck it out.

http://www.aestheticreations.net/r56.htm

BTW there will be some small production changes to the Side Markers before they are shipped out to make them easier to be installed.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 PM
gforce23
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dragonflyer
Thise CF Dorr handles are sweat!! to bad they are in the UK for those across the pond.

My R56 page is up now and ready for ordering. Sheck it out.

http://www.aestheticreations.net/r56.htm

BTW there will be some small production changes to the Side Markers before they are shipped out to make them easier to be installed.
I'm highly interested but am confused between the five vinyl designs posted. Could you post a picture of the "flat black" and "black" vinyls? Also, would it be possible to get the "S" in red?

Old 05-24-2007, 03:50 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
I'm highly interested but am confused between the five vinyl designs posted. Could you post a picture of the "flat black" and "black" vinyls? Also, would it be possible to get the "S" in red?
OK first off let me clearify somthing. The S is not part of the design or included in the price. I changed out the color of the S on this MINI for other reasons.

The Black option was only suposed to Flat black but I was not able to relay that to my wife before she left.

The options for colors on the Side makers are as follows:

Flat black for the Blackout design

Any body color or close to it.

Checkers and Union Jack designs. I have not installed these on to a MINI yet so I only haves pic of the Blackout kit.

The Checks and UJ designs will be Black And white checks with the "S" cut out of the vinyl for easy installation.

Hope that helped you

Old 05-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Optimum CableGuy
2nd Gear
Side marker Black out.........

Are they priced per pair or is it $20 each side...............Also 1 other question..do you have or can I get a "sunroof only" checkered flag with "pepper white" and black checks?????

Old 05-25-2007, 01:12 PM
gwylliongirl
2nd Gear
OK, I believe I fixed all the problems! It is $20 a SET, there is now no "Black" just the Flat Black pictured. I clarified that the Silver S is sold seperately and the kit is dye cut around the original S. R56 Side Marker S's are now available on the same page. And yes you can get pepper white and black checks at http://aestheticreations.net/checkeredroofgraphics.htm, just state "pepper white" under the comment field upon ordering. Thanks for helping me place that order option correctly!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 03:10 PM
gforce23
4th Gear
Let me get this straight. The flat-black vinyls are $20 per set and the S cut-outs (two for the side markers and one for the boot) are $15, right? And I can get the "S" in red, right? Sorry for the confusion out here.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:53 PM
gwylliongirl
2nd Gear
Let me get this straight. The flat-black vinyls are $20 per set and the S cut-outs (two for the side markers and one for the boot) are $15, right? And I can get the "S" in red, right? Sorry for the confusion out here.
There is no need to purchase an additional S. Your red S and the casing are cut out of the Side Marker Kit. It is not simply a piece of vinyl but actually has a cut out for the S and the "vent slit" (sorry I don't know the technical name for it). We do not sell flat S's to fit inside of the Sidemarker S unless you ask specifically for it. What we do sell are polyurethane domed S's that are available in red and silver (as pictured), and any other color vinyl we have available. Those are an additional $15, and only if you want to change your current red S for a domed decal to replace it.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:57 PM
undertow
2nd Gear
Time for my dumb question: Is the Flat-black vinyls that are $20 a set "just" stickers that go over the current chrome plating on the side markers?

Or are these direct replacements and the entire chome piece comes off completely and this new flat-black piece (exactly matching the stock piece, except it's flat-black) is installed in it's place?

If it's the latter, where do I send my money?! :P

Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Originally Posted by undertow
Time for my dumb question: Is the Flat-black vinyls that are $20 a set "just" stickers that go over the current chrome plating on the side markers?

Or are these direct replacements and the entire chome piece comes off completely and this new flat-black piece (exactly matching the stock piece, except it's flat-black) is installed in it's place?

If it's the latter, where do I send my money?! :P
It is a vinyl decal in flat black. The side markers from the factory are $40 Each so there is no way I would make the replacment piece $20 a set.

I will however be working on CF replacments very soon.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
CF replacements would be cool. Let me know I want some!