R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 PRODUCTION WEEK 25!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007 | 04:28 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Has anyone had any luck getting a ship name for those vehicles that were born on the 26th? I haven't yet, I'm hoping maybe tomorrow. I think I know which ship mine will end up on but it will be nice to get the confirmation.

From what I've seen, those of us on the West Coast will travelling on by WW and the ship leaves next Monday, July 2nd.

Old 06-27-2007 | 04:39 PM
ucbrother
4th Gear
Ship Info

Mine was done on the 21st and I still don't have a ship name!

Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
Has anyone had any luck getting a ship name for those vehicles that were born on the 26th? I haven't yet, I'm hoping maybe tomorrow. I think I know which ship mine will end up on but it will be nice to get the confirmation.

From what I've seen, those of us on the West Coast will travelling on by WW and the ship leaves next Monday, July 2nd.

Old 06-27-2007 | 05:18 PM
Jeeper
1st Gear
No word on a ship yet; hopefully it will start the journey this week though. The wait is tough.

Old 06-27-2007 | 05:31 PM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
The production week thing can be confusing. I had to reacquaint myself with the process as we wait for MINI #2.

Anyway, your "official" production week is determined by the day you completed production. For example our newest MINI, Jack, started June 14 (Week 24) but completed June 20 (Week 25).

So those who had MINIs born this week are technically in Week 26. It's not a perfect process. With MINI #1, Jake, there were folks that checked both weeks to see where they best fit.

Just a suggestion! Hope it helps!

FWIW, Jack is on the Manon and in the North Atlantic (more or less).

Regardless, hang in there. The reward is SWEET!

PS I know that some West/West Coast MINIs don't go on WW. Jake was on an NYT Line ship - the Auto Banner. Unfortunately, tracking with them is NOTHING like WW (no VIN website check, etc).

Last edited by Red Scooter; 06-27-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2007 | 05:44 PM
Jeeper
1st Gear
ah, I did not realize that; thanks for the information ... now I'm off to find the thread for production week 26.

Originally Posted by Red Scooter
The production week thing can be confusing. I had to reacquaint myself with the process as we wait for MINI #2.

Anyway, your "official" production week is determined by the day you completed production. For example our newest MINI, Jack, started June 14 (Week 24) but completed June 20 (Week 25).

So those who had MINIs born this week are technically in Week 26. It's not a perfect process. With MINI #1, Jake, there were folks that checked both weeks to see where they best fit.

Just a suggestion! Hope it helps!

FWIW, Jack is on the Manon and in the North Atlantic (more or less).

Regardless, hang in there. The reward is SWEET!

PS I know that some West/West Coast MINIs don't go on WW. Jake was on an NYT Line ship - the Auto Banner. Unfortunately, tracking with them is NOTHING like WW (no VIN website check, etc).

Old 06-27-2007 | 05:50 PM
SimpsonGI
When I look at the NYK line website and do a search for vessels leaving from Southhampton, GBR going to Port Hueneme, CA, USA with a departure date of on or after June 28th 2007 the search results come back blank, there are no vessels from the NYK line making the trip to the West Coast. I tried changing the search criteria to arriving before August 15, 2007 and nothing came back either.

So I'm thinking they have to be using WW only for the West Coast now, unless there is a third shipping company?

Old 06-27-2007 | 05:59 PM
opass
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
Congrats on to all on our Mini birthdays! It does like there is a good chance that Opass's Mini and mine will be on the ship ship. It looks like there will be quite a few going to the East Coast. Hopefully another NAM Mini will join Daveag98's MCS on its trip. (I'm not sure the port it would stop at for a Tx delivery) We don't want any of them to be lonely!

I'm thinking we'll all be able to find out the ship names in a couple of days.
Simpsonggi....Thanks for the sharing the info. I talked to MA and she est. mine should arrive at the dealer between July 16-21. No specific shipping status. So I guess the ship you and I might dock on is the one schedule to leave on July 2nd.

Time suddenly running very slowllllllllly.

Old 06-29-2007 | 10:53 AM
ucbrother
4th Gear
Booked!!!

Finally booked on a ship!

I'm on the Liberty, due to leave Southhampton tomorrow. Bummer that my car finished on the 21st and I've had to wait this long to get on a boat , but at least I finally showed up on WW.

Let the obsessive tracking begin!

ucbrother

Old 06-29-2007 | 11:16 AM
jlouder
Neutral
Originally Posted by ucbrother
Finally booked on a ship!

I'm on the Liberty, due to leave Southhampton tomorrow.

Me too! I've been checking the WW site constantly, and just got a hit for my VIN. It says the car was booked on 6/25, four days ago. So for anyone who hasn't got a hit on their VIN yet, it lags a few days apparently.

I looked up Liberty's schedule, and since I'm in Florida I guess that means my car is getting off at Charleston (there's a VDC there, right?). It stops there on 7/14.

Old 06-29-2007 | 12:05 PM
daveag98
4th Gear
I got no word yet, hope to get the liberty before it leaves tomorrow , but cargo number is not on the online look up.

Old 06-29-2007 | 01:10 PM
Jeeper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jlouder
Me too! I've been checking the WW site constantly, and just got a hit for my VIN. It says the car was booked on 6/25, four days ago. So for anyone who hasn't got a hit on their VIN yet, it lags a few days apparently.

I looked up Liberty's schedule, and since I'm in Florida I guess that means my car is getting off at Charleston (there's a VDC there, right?). It stops there on 7/14.
Me three - I'm also on the Liberty - my Mini was born on the 26th!!

Old 06-29-2007 | 02:32 PM
daveag98
4th Gear
Weak!! why can;t I travel with you guys!!

Old 06-29-2007 | 03:49 PM
Jeeper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by daveag98
my mini completed production a day after yours - you should be on the Liberty too! maybe it will get booked and loaded today; there's still time.

Old 06-29-2007 | 07:22 PM
jlouder
Neutral
I saw in some other threads that sometimes the cars are on the boat and still don't show up on a VIN# search on the WW site. You might want to try a search by booking number (GBSOU532078). That lists the VINs of all the MINIs booked on the Liberty for tomorrow's departure. I've heard people say that they found their VIN in a ship's list this way even though they didn't get a hit searching by VIN.

Old 06-30-2007 | 06:16 AM
daveag98
4th Gear
Thanks for the info, but no luck there either.
I guess my mini will be waving to all your mini's from the dock.

Maybe there is some private reservered cabin that is not listed by vin

The mini is loaded by pushing it up a ramp (not driven) its parked on 100 layers of silk cloth and soft music is played during the whole voyage, while a tv in front of the cabin show video of dirving down a road way and through turns, in order to gently sooth the mini into slumber.

Old 06-30-2007 | 06:58 AM
ucbrother
4th Gear
Keep Hope Alive!

Thanks for the info, but no luck there either.
I guess my mini will be waving to all your mini's from the dock.

Maybe there is some private reservered cabin that is not listed by vin

The mini is loaded by pushing it up a ramp (not driven) its parked on 100 layers of silk cloth and soft music is played during the whole voyage, while a tv in front of the cabin show video of dirving down a road way and through turns, in order to gently sooth the mini into slumber.
I'm glad you've been able to keep a sense of humor about your apparent delay. I'd be having a fit! :impatient Hopefully, you've somehow found your way on a ship and just don't know it. I'm in the Dallas area, so it stands to reason that you should indeed be on the Liberty with me and the other guys. I can't understand why you can't find your VIN. Then again, I couldn't understand why it took 8 days for me to find mine after production was completed.

Hang in there!

ucbrother

Old 06-30-2007 | 07:40 AM
daveag98
4th Gear
Thanks uc, make sure you also go to metroplexmini.org , great group of mini owners.

Its gotta be the private suite thing or maybe the VINs are added as the cars or loaded or something.

Old 06-30-2007 | 06:45 PM
daveag98
4th Gear
called MA today, and no go its in production complete not released to shipper, so maybe the alarm delayed the ship date.

With this delay i do not expect delivery untill last week in July, if not Aug.

Old 07-05-2007 | 06:00 AM
daveag98
4th Gear
checked the Owners lounge today and it says En route, I guess its kinda funny that my mini was liberated from southhampton on July 4th

Old 07-05-2007 | 12:01 PM
alsaawolf
1st Gear
Hey daveag98, our Dame Edna also on it's way to Ft. Worth via Moritz in Arlington. Shipped on Frisia which left Southampton on Jun.22 and arrived 1.30am today @ Charleston, so now waiting for unloading, inspection and trucking to Texas. Not sure how long that takes, but the excitement continues to build!!!

Old 07-05-2007 | 12:25 PM
SimpsonGI
For those that haven't been able to find their ship name, please look in the week 26 support group thread. Our group has figured out a way to track down the name of the ship your Mini got loaded onto.

EDIT: It is posts 155-157 (on page 7) in that topic.

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 07-05-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added post numbers to help people find the info
Old 07-05-2007 | 12:47 PM
peddani
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by alsaawolf
Hey daveag98, our Dame Edna also on it's way to Ft. Worth via Moritz in Arlington. Shipped on Frisia which left Southampton on Jun.22 and arrived 1.30am today @ Charleston, so now waiting for unloading, inspection and trucking to Texas. Not sure how long that takes, but the excitement continues to build!!!
Mine arrived in Charleston on 6/29. I'm getting an estimated arrival date at Moritz of 7/10. :( I'm in Austin so it looks like I may not get to pick it up til next weekend, the 14th. Wah!

Old 07-08-2007 | 07:20 AM
OrneryDSMini
|
2nd Gear
Almost here

Well, who know it would take 21 working days from Oxford, England to get to Northern, Italy... but my SA is telling me that ORNERY was built on 21 June and I have 21 working days from there until I can expect him.
He could get here early. Still hoping.

Old 07-10-2007 | 09:20 AM
peddani
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by alsaawolf
FYI...Read Brad's post on the last page of week 23. Charleston VDC reportedly had 6000 cars come in last week and the week before (mine arrived at port 6/29). Brad's car (and it looks like mine, too) wasn't received at the VDC until 7/9, so the VDC is apparently fairly backed up. I was making arrangements to pick my car up this weekend (I live in Austin, ordered from DFW) but it looks like I may be a week early. Ugh.

HOpefully they'll get back on track soon...I was not expecting to sit on US soil for over two weeks before delivery!

Old 07-17-2007 | 09:32 AM
daveag98
4th Gear
Just an update, but the Western Highway got in on the 11th, the mini was unloaded on the same day and right away sent to the VDC. My MA said its on the fast track now and will be here either later this week or early next week.

Noon update: MA just told me the truck is making a stop at Mini of Dallas but the mini will be at Moritz in Arlington late today or early tomorrow.

I am freaking out man!!!

Last edited by daveag98; 07-17-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: R56 PRODUCTION WEEK 25!!