R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Are you loving your 07?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got your PM. I am trying to low ball the membership offer, but will throw in the picture of the ******* to sweeten the deal.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Got your PM. I am trying to low ball the membership offer, but will throw in the picture of the ******* to sweeten the deal.
"Sweeten" is not a word I would associate with that picture.

Baring your soul is overrated. Baring what you've exposed in the picture you reference is a true expression of opening yourself to him. Only a cruel, cold man would turn down such an offering.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 AM
GBMiniGirl
Coordinator :: Houston MINI Motoring Society
Originally Posted by lava
And I still see no bash to you, unless disappointment constitutes a bash.
My mistake...."blasted", not bashing.

Originally Posted by daffodildeb
It is interesting that his wife, whose R53 has had numberous serious problems, blasted her R56 loaner...
PS. Nice edit.

Last edited by GBMiniGirl; 06-08-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
camelpilot
Banned
labia cry baby.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now that was completely uncalled for. This thread needs to be shutdown.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
I don't know what this is all about, but sounds like the sandbox at the school yard.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...

too bad quaaludes aren't around any more. A lot in this thread need them....

I'm reminded of two things.... The Titanic going down, very few survived... And a line from a Law and Order episode.... it went something like "this one will swirl around and leave skid marks in the bowl!" Not a word for word, but you all get the idea....

So, when the pissing contest is over, will there be anything left to talk about?

Matt

Old 06-08-2007, 01:01 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
too bad quaaludes aren't around any more. A lot in this thread need them....

I'm reminded of two things.... The Titanic going down, very few survived... And a line from a Law and Order episode.... it went something like "this one will swirl around and leave skid marks in the bowl!" Not a word for word, but you all get the idea....

So, when the pissing contest is over, will there be anything left to talk about?

Matt
What? What happened to the quaaludes?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
I'm reminded of two things.... The Titanic going down, very few survived...
Just how old are you Matt?

And a line from a Law and Order episode.... it went something like "this one will swirl around and leave skid marks in the bowl!"
They stole that quote from me...........I'm planning on suing.

Matt, you know how this will end up. In a month or so, everyone will have kissed and made up. Give it another day or so.

Last edited by Skiploder; 06-08-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
vladimir
3rd Gear
... tacky...

Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
I'd be surprised if anyone does not love their 2007 autos

Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM
lava
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Skuzzy
Now that was completely uncalled for. This thread needs to be shutdown.
No, Just pruned.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Birdman
6th Gear
Popcorn anyone??

Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by lava
No, Just pruned.
yeah pruned of trolls like lava. anyone who comes on the internets with a name like lava, thinking it's a cool name coz of all the flamez he can starts is just a loser with a Prius, i mean, HEAP Crappy S.

i hope Honda make you pay for the brake pads like i know they gonna, coz their accord is a flop. poor Accord. I mean HEAP.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by camelpilot
yeah pruned of trolls like lava. anyone who comes on the internets with a name like lava, thinking it's a cool name coz of all the flamez he can starts is just a loser with a Prius, i mean, HEAP Crappy S.

i hope Honda make you pay for the brake pads like i know they gonna, coz their accord is a flop. poor Accord. I mean HEAP.
How many times have I told you to post BEFORE you get drunk?

Old 06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator

Infraction issued for blatantly disrespectful post.

That being said, this thread needs to take a turn for the better, and quickly... or it will be closed down. Stop cutting each other down. If you don't have something relevant to say about your own personal experience with the R56, stay out of it.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
I was driving Romi home tonight and found myself talking to her. "If you only knew what we humans put ourselves through for you guys." Then I stopped and said, "OK Skuzz,..it's a car."

Then I noted others around me, all staring at me. I guess I was not just thinking all of it, I was actually saying it, with hand gestures and the whole ball of wax.

The little boxes on wheels, as they have been referred to, certainly do get under your skin. Much like pets, babies, cookies, lasagna, beer,...ok,..I am really hungry now!

ROMI! LET'S MOTOR!!

By the way, I really am having a blast with this car. My only complaint is, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY TO MOTOR ABOUT!!!! ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
korby
6th Gear
Thank's Edge !

Old 06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by Edge

That being said, this thread needs to take a turn for the better, and quickly... or it will be closed down. Stop cutting each other down. If you don't have something relevant to say about your own personal experience with the R56, stay out of it.
Oh I didnt mean to upset you. But now you've gone and upset me, because u took up my last free message in my inbox, now I have 100 PM's and won't be able to receive anymore. And I can't delete any of them, because I am sentimental like that. I cant delete the one you just sent me either, because I keep all my infractions PM's, like 8 total.

But to keep on topic, I am enjoying my 07 very much.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Damn camelpilot always f's it up for the rest of us.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by Edge

It's about time! Hear hear!

I'd check his IP address, I hear that this "Camelpilot" may be an alter-ego of one of the worst, most hated villains in NAM history.

Now Camelpilot, can you tell us what options you got on your R56? Any pictures? I hear that they are a vast improvement over the truck-like and slow-selling R50/R53 - is there any truth to this?

Maybe you can debunk some of the bad press the R56 has been getting you know, Road and Track, Car and Driver, Autoweek, etc. Is there any truth to the issues these stupid, clueless journalists have raised?

Thanks in advance,

Skip

Old 06-08-2007, 06:11 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by Skiploder

Now Camelpilot, can you tell us what options you got on your R56? Any pictures? I hear that they are a vast improvement over the truck-like and slow-selling R50/R53 - is there any truth to this?
I got the Mellow Yellow with Black Roof. Well, it's called Mellow Yellow, but it's actually a Mellow Diahorrea colour. Goes well with the theme of the car.

I didnt get any bonnet stripes, because the side repeaters are big enuff to be the cars stripes.

I also got the Cold Weather package for 300 bucks, then paid an extra 300 bucks for heated mirrors to match my 04's COld weather package that cost 1/2 price for the same thing. I think that was smart of me. The R56 makes me feel smart afterwall. I mean, it makes the speedo bigger, so that life is starting to make sense and all. I'm definitely better for it.

The car doesnt come sporty stock fortunately, so I also got the HyperSport Package, for a measely 1400 buckes. That gave me sport suspension, so now my car is faster around bends than any other car out there, and if a magazine says i got beat by a Mazda I'll know it's a lie, because my R56 can go around corners like a thief who is getting away.

I got the stock stereo, because I will install a high powered unit myself. I'll be sure to post a how-to in a couple of years once I finish installing it.

I am fortunate to get a long-throw 6 speed gearbox as standard, so good riddance to quick shift sticks. Boo.

For the exterior I am leaving it stock. Besides, what more style do you need if you have a fake hoodscoop?

THis car is the best car in the world, and has made me such a stud at the M seeking M section of craigslist.

I'm loving it.

Originally Posted by Skiploder
Maybe you can debunk some of the bad press the R56 has been getting you know, Road and Track, Car and Driver, Autoweek, etc. Is there any truth to the issues these stupid, clueless journalists have raised?

Thanks in advance,

Skip
Those silly journalists need to get over themselves, and get their facts straigt. An R56 is faster than a Suzuki Swift, and it's been proven. Just because it sucks compared to all the other cars out there doesnt mean it's the worst car. It just means that it's the second worst. Hope that helps, sexy.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Skiploder
Banned
I got the Mellow Yellow with Black Roof. Well, it's called Mellow Yellow, but it's actually a Mellow Diahorrea colour. Goes well with the theme of the car.

I didnt get any bonnet stripes, because the side repeaters are big enuff to be the cars stripes.

I also got the Cold Weather package for 300 bucks, then paid an extra 300 bucks for heated mirrors to match my 04's COld weather package that cost 1/2 price for the same thing. I think that was smart of me. The R56 makes me feel smart afterwall. I mean, it makes the speedo bigger, so that life is starting to make sense and all. I'm definitely better for it.

The car doesnt come sporty stock fortunately, so I also got the HyperSport Package, for a measely 1400 buckes. That gave me sport suspension, so now my car is faster around bends than any other car out there, and if a magazine says i got beat by a Mazda I'll know it's a lie, because my R56 can go around corners like a thief who is getting away.

I got the stock stereo, because I will install a high powered unit myself. I'll be sure to post a how-to in a couple of years once I finish installing it.

I am fortunate to get a long-throw 6 speed gearbox as standard, so good riddance to quick shift sticks. Boo.

For the exterior I am leaving it stock. Besides, what more style do you need if you have a fake hoodscoop?

THis car is the best car in the world, and has made me such a stud at the M seeking M section of craigslist.

I'm loving it.

Those silly journalists need to get over themselves, and get their facts straigt. An R56 is faster than a Suzuki Swift, and it's been proven. Just because it sucks compared to all the other cars out there doesnt mean it's the worst car. It just means that it's the second worst. Hope that helps, sexy.
Fascinating.....

We all appreciate that you kept the post on topic and gave us some unbiased feedback, Frank, er I mean Camelpilot.

A number of concerned members can all rest easy knowing that you're posting relatively sober again and appear to be taking your lithium and ritalin cocktails as directed by Dr. Bloor.

If I can just helpfully point out that your spelling skills leave alot to be desired. I know you come from a country with no running water, toilets or schools, but there is a spell check feature on most browsers.

I hope your post goes a long way in calming down some frazzled nerves around here. Most of us know your'e not a bad guy, just a little edgy and dim.

Skip

Last edited by Skiploder; 06-08-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
OK, that's it. I'm ->this<- close from slapping a bunch of infractions on many of you for your smug and thinly disguised insults at each other.

Thread closed. Grow up, people.