R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 26 Production Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:04 PM
e30r56
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is "in production", but with an estimated completetion date of 6/29.

It gets shipped into NYC and then sent down to me in Maryland.

Woot! I can't wait!

Old 06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Hi SimpsonGI. I hope you are right. I would love to make the Liberty which departs 6/30. The next ship departs on 7/03, the Otello. We should at least make that. My glass is half full!!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:46 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Originally Posted by LynnCVT
Hi SimpsonGI. I hope you are right. I would love to make the Liberty which departs 6/30. The next ship departs on 7/03, the Otello. We should at least make that. My glass is half full!!
I hope so too, being a West Coaster I have a longer transport time so the sooner the better! I would think we should be able to find out by Thursday, Friday at the latest which ship will be used.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:49 PM
SimpsonGI
LynnCVT, may I ask where you got these ship names and schedules at? When I look at the NYK line website and do a search for vessels leaving from Southhampton, GBR going to Port Hueneme, CA, USA with a departure date of on or after June 28th 2007 the search results come back blank, there are no vessels from the NYK line making the trip to the West Coast.

I've also done the same search on the WW website. The next departing vessel is on July 2nd (the Isolde). The Otello won't make another trip until August 6th. Ah, there I see it now, I did a search by vessel name on the WW site and found it, apparently it isn't coming over to the West Coast. Neither is the Otello until the August.

It looks like my MCSa will probably be on the Isolde (departing July 2nd) with an expected arrival in Port Hueneme on July 23rd. **sighs** I guess at least it will beat the late August early September ETA my MA originally gave me. I'll still have about two weeks after it arrives in the US.

If you are on the East Coast you might make the Liberty, I hope you do. Good Luck!

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 06-26-2007 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-27-2007, 06:15 AM
maximoose
2nd Gear
MINI at the Port of Exit

Called ASK-MINI this morning, and my MCS is "awaiting a carrier at the port of exit". Hmmm...blazing fast production..sweeeeeeet.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Mine is waiting transport to the Port of exit
**Correction, talking to a human, it is already at the Port of Exit.**

Now if we can only confirm the ship us Left Coast people will hitch a ride on. SimpsonGI looks like our Mini's will likely be shipmates.

Last edited by unixgal; 06-27-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
maximoose
2nd Gear
East Coast

So I'm guessing the ships are different depending on where the VDC is located..right ? I'm in NYC, so I may get it sooner ?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:39 AM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
866askmini is hit or miss. At first, talking to a human gave me the most up to date information. Today, the automated system says I am waiting for transport to the port of exit and talking to a human gave me even less information than that. I am just going to hope for the best.

Maximoose, the ships are the same but they all seem to stop in NYC first then make several more stops along the east coast.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by maximoose
So I'm guessing the ships are different depending on where the VDC is located..right ? I'm in NYC, so I may get it sooner ?
Correct, I think the VDCs are located in the port cities.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Originally Posted by maximoose
SimpsonGI is correct. I'm not sure where but there is one in the NYC area. For "westies" it's Port Hueneme, of course. maximoose, you are in luck. Ships stop on the East Coast first. My production week buddies got there MINIs almost a MONTH sooner than I did. The biggie is cruising down to the Panama to wait in line for passage.

Unfortunately, there is a backlog right now. The Manon (Jack's ship) is scheduled for passage on July 8 but according to the Daily Traffic Report site:

(July 2nd – July 15th) During this period delays for SUPERS northbound & southbound we estimate 72-96. For REGULARS vessels 48-56 hours on account of backlog caused by previous locks maintanance and lane outage scheduled for July 11-20th.

The Auto cargo/RoRo ships are mostly "Supers".

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but I was GOING CRAZY trying to find my non-WW ship.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:09 PM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
Well, since I was in the paint shop with some of you, I would expect to be headed for the port, though the Owners Lounge still says scheduled for production. And I was unable to call until I got that wonderful message "our office hours......" Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow for a check.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
rover
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Red Scooter
SimpsonGI is correct. I'm not sure where but there is one in the NYC area. For "westies" it's Port Hueneme, of course. maximoose, you are in luck. Ships stop on the East Coast first. My production week buddies got there MINIs almost a MONTH sooner than I did. The biggie is cruising down to the Panama to wait in line for passage.

Unfortunately, there is a backlog right now. The Manon (Jack's ship) is scheduled for passage on July 8 but according to the Daily Traffic Report site:

(July 2nd – July 15th) During this period delays for SUPERS northbound & southbound we estimate 72-96. For REGULARS vessels 48-56 hours on account of backlog caused by previous locks maintanance and lane outage scheduled for July 11-20th.

The Auto cargo/RoRo ships are mostly "Supers".

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but I was GOING CRAZY trying to find my non-WW ship.
I'm on the MADAME BUTTERFLY. It transited the canal on June 22nd or 23rd. There were predicted delays but the ship seemed to go through at most a day late.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 PM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Hey RhinoBob. My mini was done as of 6/25 according to a human at askmini. It was scheduled to be done by 6/26 so seems like things were running a day ahead of schedule. The OL seems to be days, if not a week behind. I'm hoping we all make the Liberty this weekend.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
I'm hoping we all make the Liberty this weekend.
Thanks for the moral support! Best I can tell, the port of Charleston shows the Liberty expected to dock on 7/15.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM
SimpsonGI
Well, this doesn't look good. I was poking around on the WW site and looked at the port information for Southhampton. There was a section there that says:
All cargo must be received 4 working days prior to the vessel closing.
So I'm concerned now that all of our vehicles that completed early this week will make it to the port in time.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 AM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
Well, this doesn't look good. I was poking around on the WW site and looked at the port information for Southhampton. There was a section there that says:
So I'm concerned now that all of our vehicles that completed early this week will make it to the port in time.
I chose to ignore that. I figure MINI has a long standing contract with WW and those rules don't necessarily apply. Stay with me here. All has been well so far. We can do this!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:45 AM
SimpsonGI
I chose to ignore that. I figure MINI has a long standing contract with WW and those rules don't necessarily apply. Stay with me here. All has been well so far. We can do this!
That's the spirit! I hope so too. I'm thinking it probably applies to non pre-booked cargo. It seems ridiculous that they would make all cargo sit in storage there for four days in order to get it loaded. They even have different hours of operation for pre-booked cargo versus non so that must be it.

No new information on my tracking yet. Patience....I must practice patience.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Still nothing on WW for my VIN.

Why is this so hard??? They need to have some sort of Zen thread for those waiting.

I WANT MY MINI

Old 06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg,
not by smashing it.
- Arnold H. Glasgow

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Patience is the key to paradise.
- A Turkish Proverb

Consider the hour-glass; there is nothing to be accomplished by rattling or shaking;
you have to wait patiently until the sand, grain by grain, has run from one funnel
into the other.
- John Christian Morgenstern

Regardless of how much patience we have, we would prefer never to use any of it.
- James T. Obrien

All things come to him who waits - provided he knows what he is waiting for.
- Woodrow Wilson

The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.
- Moliere

Old 06-28-2007, 08:57 AM
SimpsonGI
Great quotes! Patience. I'll be mumbling it to myself the next few days.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 AM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
Great quotes! Patience. I'll be mumbling it to myself the next few days.
Thanks. I need them desperately.

Just the next few days? With more than a month before you and I get ours I think we'll have to be patient much longer than that

Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 AM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Originally Posted by rover
I'm on the MADAME BUTTERFLY. It transited the canal on June 22nd or 23rd. There were predicted delays but the ship seemed to go through at most a day late.
Hey Rover, thanks for that quote with the Panama Canal traffic report link! I see that if SimpsonGI and I end up on the WW Isolde that its scheduled to go through the canal on July 15 though it says "Not booked".

Anyone know how long it takes to get to Port Hueneme after going through the canal?

Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by unixgal
Thanks. I need them desperately.

Just the next few days? With more than a month before you and I get ours I think we'll have to be patient much longer than that
Aye, at this point I'm estimating 5-6 weeks. I'm hoping no more than a week at the VDC and then a week in transport to Portland. But at least the majority of the time we should be able to keep track of things while they are out to sea. We'll be in the same waiting state again once they reach the VDC.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by unixgal
Hey Rover, thanks for that quote with the Panama Canal traffic report link! I see that if SimpsonGI and I end up on the WW Isolde that its scheduled to go through the canal on July 15 though it says "Not booked".

Anyone know how long it takes to get to Port Hueneme after going through the canal?
The Isolde is due to arrive at Port Hueneme on the 23rd of July, the whole trip is supposed to take 21 days, provided there are no delays. I'm hoping by the time the Isodle makes it to the canal any backlog would have been cleared up.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
SimpsonGI
A new update on my MCSa, ASKMINI is now reporting it to be at the port waiting for transport. From what I've been able to find out from other NAM members (Maxshrike0 and Birdman in particular) the WW site won't update with any information until about 3 days or so prior to the ship departing Southhampton. For those on the West Coast, that should be tomorrow, unless there is a delay. (This ship on the 18th of June was cancelled). Lets all hope for Isolde on Monday. Hopefully you East Coast folks will make it onto the ship that is supposed to go out tomorrow, if not, I think the next one coming your way is scheduled for the 4th. The Isolde isn't stopping off on that side, it is going to Panama and then to Port Hueneme. Good luck all!

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 06-28-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Sorry, I left out Birdman, he deserves credit as well

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Week 26 Production Support Group