R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 26 Production Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:38 PM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all. If your VDC is Charleston SC, don't get discouraged if you don't get a booking on WW. From reading other posts, it seems that MINI also uses NYK Line to ship from Southampton to SC. As far as I can tell, there is no tracking the NYK line. We will just have to sit and wait it out. Here are the schedules of the NYK.

http://www.nykline.com/servlet/com.i...heduleSearchPg

Old 06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
I'm shocked to see that Order Tracking has me as "Awaiting Transport" (actually current )... hopefully the Isolde will be the ship.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LynnCVT
Hey all. If your VDC is Charleston SC, don't get discouraged if you don't get a booking on WW. From reading other posts, it seems that MINI also uses NYK Line to ship from Southampton to SC. As far as I can tell, there is no tracking the NYK line. We will just have to sit and wait it out. Here are the schedules of the NYK.

http://www.nykline.com/servlet/com.i...heduleSearchPg
Sorry. That link is wrong. Go to www.kline.com

Old 06-29-2007, 04:02 AM
opass
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
A new update on my MCSa, ASKMINI is now reporting it to be at the port waiting for transport. From what I've been able to find out from other NAM members (Maxshrike0 and Birdman in particular) the WW site won't update with any information until about 3 days or so prior to the ship departing Southhampton. For those on the West Coast, that should be tomorrow, unless there is a delay. (This ship on the 18th of June was cancelled). Lets all hope for Isolde on Monday. Hopefully you East Coast folks will make it onto the ship that is supposed to go out tomorrow, if not, I think the next one coming your way is scheduled for the 4th. The Isolde isn't stopping off on that side, it is going to Panama and then to Port Hueneme. Good luck all!
simpsongi,

I finally found mine on the ship called Isolde according from WW website. How about you guys? My next question is....does it really take 3 weeks to get to hueneme, ca? What is the chance I can get her earlier? Am I dreaming ?

Old 06-29-2007, 06:16 AM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Opass, our babies are shipmates. Mine is booked on the Isolde as well. I was finally able to get confirmation on the WW site. Yes, it really takes that long for the trip.

There should be several Minis of NAM members on the ship. They'll be in good company !

Old 06-29-2007, 06:27 AM
maximoose
2nd Gear
I'm NYC Bound

My baby is on the Liberty headed for good ole New York.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:43 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by maximoose
My baby is on the Liberty headed for good ole New York.
Woohoo! Hopefully LynnCVT's made it as well.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 AM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Congratulations on making the Liberty!!! I don't have a booking number from WW yet but I am sort of hoping of getting on the k-line. It docks 2 days earlier in SC than the Liberty. Only problem is that I will be completely in the dark.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM
indigo
2nd Gear
Another Liberty Passenger as well. Getting close.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:22 AM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Booked on the Isolde. SimpsonGI and opass, looks like we're shipmates.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by unixgal
Booked on the Isolde. SimpsonGI and opass, looks like we're shipmates.
Woohoo! I'm glad to hear your Mini made the booking.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Jeeper
1st Gear
on the Liberty!

My Mini was born on the 26th and it's been booked on the Liberty (due to leave Southhampton tomorrow); booking number is GBSOU532072

Is there a VDC in Baltimore - or will the car be unloaded in NYC or SC?

Old 06-29-2007, 03:01 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by Jeeper
My Mini was born on the 26th and it's been booked on the Liberty (due to leave Southhampton tomorrow); booking number is GBSOU532072

Is there a VDC in Baltimore - or will the car be unloaded in NYC or SC?
I believe the VDCs are located in the port city. Can you tell from your online tracking what the destination port is? If you can, that is probably where the VDC is at.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:06 PM
SimpsonGI
There are 287 vehicles booked on the Isolde. So far, one has already been withdrawn (VIN WMWRH33587TL95320).

Old 06-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Jeeper
1st Gear
I believe the VDCs are located in the port city. Can you tell from your online tracking what the destination port is? If you can, that is probably where the VDC is at.
Just got home from work and checked the Vehicle Inquiry Report I was given when the order was placed. Seems the destination port will be NYC. The WW website says the Liberty stops at NYC, Balto, Charleston and then GA.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Need
4th Gear
I am going to miss the Isolde. :( My car is estimated to finish production on 7/2 and Isolde is leaving port on 7/2.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:16 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Originally Posted by Need
I am going to miss the Isolde. :( My car is estimated to finish production on 7/2 and Isolde is leaving port on 7/2.
Sorry to hear you won't make the Isolde Need

Hope the wait for the next ship isn't too long.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:18 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by Need
Don't be surprised if your Mini doesn't finish production until 7/3. You'll be on the ship leaving July 9th (the Tristan) and it should show up on the WW site for you on July 6th. It should arrive in Port Hueneme on July 30th. You'll actually have a good chance of getting your Mini about the time I get mine. Mine should arrive at the VDC a week ahead of yours but mine will have longer travel time to my dealer than you.

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 06-29-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added in destination port arrival date
Old 06-29-2007, 06:51 PM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
The good news: I'm on vacation having a fun time biking (motorcycle) with friends in CO. The bad news: My time is so taken up I can't pursue my Mini's location. Last I heard, though initially scheduled for completion the 27th, it was in a production quality inspection on the 28th, whatever that means. Unable to check with the human today, and the web site says still in production. Hope I don't miss the boat with all of you.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by RhinoBob
The good news: I'm on vacation having a fun time biking (motorcycle) with friends in CO. The bad news: My time is so taken up I can't pursue my Mini's location. Last I heard, though initially scheduled for completion the 27th, it was in a production quality inspection on the 28th, whatever that means. Unable to check with the human today, and the web site says still in production. Hope I don't miss the boat with all of you.
If it says still in production, it won't be finished until next Monday or Tuesday. You are in week 27. I was under the impression I was a week 25er to begin with because that was the week my MCSa started production but I was later informed from another NAM member that it is based on the week the vehicle is completed.

Your Mini should be finished on July 2nd or 3rd. The earliest you'll probably see any information on the WW site is Friday July 6th. It'll probably be on one of the East coast routed ships. I know the waiting is a pain...I'm sure I've pestered a few people trying to figure out the scheduling but I've pretty much been able to confirm how the schedule works

I take that back, after re-reading your Post, you were a week 26 person....not 27. When you call ASK MINI is the automated response telling you the estimated completion date of the 27th?

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 06-29-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Need
4th Gear
Don't be surprised if your Mini doesn't finish production until 7/3. You'll be on the ship leaving July 9th (the Tristan) and it should show up on the WW site for you on July 6th. It should arrive in Port Hueneme on July 30th. You'll actually have a good chance of getting your Mini about the time I get mine. Mine should arrive at the VDC a week ahead of yours but mine will have longer travel time to my dealer than you.
I just responsed in the week 27 thread also. I guess I am really week 27 then. They did told me I was scheduled for week 27 but then the guy said my mini started production one week early so I thought I was week 26. Yeah, I think I will be on the Tristan then. My MA told me I should be getting my Mini toward end of August.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:54 PM
SimpsonGI
You'll probably get it the middle of August. I think the average processing time at the VDC is about a week so hopefully it'll be on its way to your dealer by August 6th. Keep us in the loop though, it is always nice to know that our timing calculations are accurate. I got it down with the help of Maxshrike0 and Birdman. They were in production week 25 and 24 respectively.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Intendoe
2nd Gear
Hi guys looks like my mini, either named Rhea or Jaymee I can't really decide, is on the Isolde as well. I've never been this impatient and excited in a long time. This feeling is very similar to infatuation. Can't eat, can't sleep, can't drive my current vehicle without the feeling of vehicular infidelity. Okay now I'm just talking all sorts of craziness. :impatient

Old 06-30-2007, 07:40 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by Intendoe
Hi guys looks like my mini, either named Rhea or Jaymee I can't really decide, is on the Isolde as well. I've never been this impatient and excited in a long time. This feeling is very similar to infatuation. Can't eat, can't sleep, can't drive my current vehicle without the feeling of vehicular infidelity. Okay now I'm just talking all sorts of craziness. :impatient
Congrats, welcome to the Isolde, that makes four of us now! I'll second your statement about being impatient and excited.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Ravensmini
1st Gear
Ordered on 6/16, shceduled for production, dealer says should have keys week of 7/29

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Week 26 Production Support Group