R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 26 Production Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maximoose
So...have anyone bought accessories for your MINI yet ? I've bought the chrome exhaust tips, the IPOD adapter, magnet holder for the grill and scheduled my huper-optic tint job as well as having the clear bra installed.
I purchased the chrome exhause tips, mud flaps (front and rear) and the day after I bring home my Mini I'm taking it to my local shop to have the clear bra product installed, including putting on the doors. I'll also probably pick up some Mini logo valve stem caps.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
From MINI, I'm getting the iPod connector (installed at Port Hueneme) and the roof rack. At the dealer I'm having the black sport stripes put on.

I'm seriously considering getting the clear bra put on asap along with some window tinting (esp, the sunroof), and will likely get one of the many stubby anntenae available.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:12 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by unixgal
From MINI, I'm getting the iPod connector (installed at Port Hueneme) and the roof rack. At the dealer I'm having the black sport stripes put on.

I'm seriously considering getting the clear bra put on asap along with some window tinting (esp, the sunroof), and will likely get one of the many stubby anntenae available.
Ah yes, I forgot a stubby antenna, that is on my list of things to purchase as well.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Applejacks02
2nd Gear
First Post--Any Idea When week 26 MINI's hit Chicago

Hey all, this is my first post here (I really should have posted a long time ago). Based on what I was told at askMINI, my car was completed on the 27th, and arrived at the port for shipping on the 29th. At this time it is still awaiting a vessel. Any ideas what vessel might be carrying the MINI's bound for Chicago? You lucky people have yours out to sea already. One final question, how do I set up so that my posts list the features etc. of my MINI along the bottom?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:00 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Originally Posted by Applejacks02
Hey all, this is my first post here (I really should have posted a long time ago). Based on what I was told at askMINI, my car was completed on the 27th, and arrived at the port for shipping on the 29th. At this time it is still awaiting a vessel. Any ideas what vessel might be carrying the MINI's bound for Chicago? You lucky people have yours out to sea already. One final question, how do I set up so that my posts list the features etc. of my MINI along the bottom?
Welcome

You need to set up a signature... on the left side near the top under MINIs in the Mountains is 'User CP' (User Control Panel). From there go to "Edit Signature" and set it up how you'd like

Last edited by unixgal; 07-03-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
SimpsonGI
I don't know which shipping company would be going to Chicago. Have you tried inputing your VIN on the WW site? If you get a response back you can find out all sorts of information on it, if you don't then it is probably on NYK ship in which case you won't be able to get much info. Your MA should also be able to let you know which ship it was loaded on. Possibly the Liberty but I don't know where all it is going. There were some non WW ship names posted earlier in this thread.

The list of features many of have at the bottom of our posts is part of our signatures, on the left side of the forums you should see the Main Menu, click on Sig-o-matic and it will walk you through the process of creating a signature.

And, welcome to NAM !!!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
SimpsonGI
Welcome

You need to set up a signature... on the left side near the top under MINIs in the Mountains is 'User CP' (User Control Panel). From there go to "Edit Signature" and set it up how you'd like
That way works too

Old 07-03-2007, 04:16 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
That way works too
Man, how'd you get into 3rd gear already... you've got a really serious case of MOCD going on

Old 07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Applejacks02
2nd Gear
Thanks!

Hey everyone, thank you for the rapid responses on the sig! Thank you for the welcomes as well. I am not sure about everyone else but this is my first MINI, and knowing that a completed car exists has me that much more excited to drive it! I still say that the MCS I test drove was the most fun I have ever had behind the wheel of a car. I see that people are part of certain "owners clubs," can anyone explain how that works?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Hey everyone, thank you for the rapid responses on the sig! Thank you for the welcomes as well. I am not sure about everyone else but this is my first MINI, and knowing that a completed car exists has me that much more excited to drive it! I still say that the MCS I test drove was the most fun I have ever had behind the wheel of a car. I see that people are part of certain "owners clubs," can anyone explain how that works?
Cool, I see you've got a signature now .

I don't remember the link now, but I did a search on 'owners clubs' and images (I think) and found a thread with tons of logos. You could also do a search for the appropriate owner group for your MINI's color and I bet you'll find the thread on it.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Jeeper
1st Gear
Hi Jsma. Have a look at the departures section of this page:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

Originally Posted by jsma
Thanks Simpson. Do you know where to get a list/schedule of the ships that are heading out and where they're going? I think somebody mentioned that there's a ship leaving July 4. Maybe I can get on that one still.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Applejacks02
2nd Gear
Stuff for MINI

Yeah, I have already had my eyes on the chrome cooperS plate frame, the CooperS keychain, and of course....The S valve-stem covers...I'm not sure but I don't think the final price really represents the final price.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:24 PM
SimpsonGI
Here are some links to some of the badges available.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...hili+red+badge

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=71003

And no, you don't have to join anything for those badges, just add it to your signature. There are however, regional real Mini Clubs that you can join if you wish, they will have their own badges, for instance up in Portland Oregon there is PDXMini which is the local club. There is a fee for joining those but they do hold events, some offer discounts at local shops, etc.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
SimpsonGI
Man, how'd you get into 3rd gear already... you've got a really serious case of MOCD going on
Of course, I've freely admitted to it . I'll probably be in 4th gear by the time our Mini's hit the VDC. Well, maybe by then but certainly by the time I take delivery.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Hey guys. I am still here. Just trying to patiently wait out the fate of my little mini. No one knows where she is. My heart tells me she is on the 6/30 Western Highway (k-line).

Old 07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by LynnCVT
Hey guys. I am still here. Just trying to patiently wait out the fate of my little mini. No one knows where she is. My heart tells me she is on the 6/30 Western Highway (k-line).
Have you asked your MA? I've been led to believe that they would be able to let you know what ship your Mini made it on.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
LynnCVT
2nd Gear
Yeah. He said he would let me know. I think he is just calling ask mini because he had nothing more to offer than what they have to say. I don't think it is really on his list of priorities.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
SimpsonGI
I was under the impression he should be able to look it up in their ordering system. I may be wrong though. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. I know what it is like being in limbo. At least it is quicker trip to the East Coast than the West. You should have an update from ASKMINI before we are able to get any more updates on the ship headed out West. Good luck and keep us informed!

Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Applejacks02
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
I was under the impression he should be able to look it up in their ordering system. I may be wrong though. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. I know what it is like being in limbo. At least it is quicker trip to the East Coast than the West. You should have an update from ASKMINI before we are able to get any more updates on the ship headed out West. Good luck and keep us informed!

It may be a longer trip to the West Coast, but the WC MINI's are out in the ocean right now....Mine is sitting in the port....AHHHHHH is my MINI here yet!:impatient

BTW, is this everyones first MINI? Or do we have previous/current owners in here as well?

Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LynnCVT
Hey LynnCVT, you and I are in the same "boat." My Mini is missing in action, too. Because it has been in the awaiting transportation stage, I sort of expected it might make the Otello, which left today I think. Called the MA, and he had nothing for me. Hang in there!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:56 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
It may be a longer trip to the West Coast, but the WC MINI's are out in the ocean right now....Mine is sitting in the port....AHHHHHH is my MINI here yet!:impatient

BTW, is this everyones first MINI? Or do we have previous/current owners in here as well?
Don't know if it's any comfort, but even though I've been able to verify my MINI is on the Isolde, ASK-MINI and the owners lounge both still show it as awating transport. You may be on a ship already.

Hang in there. Even if you dont get on a ship until next week, you'd still beat those of us on the west coast. I do understand that not knowing is like torture, but have faith... things will work out.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:16 PM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
My first Mini, AJ.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
First here too

This is my first MINI, and I'm besides myself waiting for it. :impatient

Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 PM
jsma
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jeeper
Hi Jsma. Have a look at the departures section of this page:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp
Thanks Jeeper!

I think I'm in the same situation as Applejacks02. My mini was finished 6/28 and is at the port, but no info on the WW site... I suppose that means it's the K-Line? Anybody know if you can track there? I don't think there's a way. Oh well, I suppose a wait is a wait...

Oh yeah, first mini for me as well! Good motoring all.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 PM
SimpsonGI
ASK MINI still says mine is awaiting transport also. I strongly suspect the missing Minis are out to sea already. So far, I know of two ships that have been scheduled to go to the East Coast, one was the Liberty I think that left on 6/30 and the other the Otello which left today. Depending on which VDC they are going to, you should be able to find something out within 7-10 days or so (the trip to NY is suppose to take 9 days I believe). Here is the address for the NYK shipping webpage http://www2.nykline.com/home/index.html but it doesn't look like you can track by the VIN number.

I feel your pain, I hate not knowing what is going on.

We bought a used '05 MCSa for my wife about year and half ago. We love it. That is one of the reasons why I'm getting one, we can now afford another car payment and I rarely get to drive hers. So now I'll have my own.

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Week 26 Production Support Group