R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 AM
harley0711
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by russr
Sorry, I meant cream line interior. Some of these combinations don't look good in my head, but it's another thing to see them in real life.
actually, you are correct - the white color line is called "Cream" = matches the piping in the seat - He was just liking it with the MY/W Mini - maybe its not a good idea - just thought someone here might have tried it??? Looks like the MY crowd feels the Cream color line would clash with the MY or white top??

Old 12-21-2007, 06:37 AM
russr
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do any of you have the standard checkered interior with the anthracite headliner? If so, could you please post some pics?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
kymber88
Neutral
My new MINI!!!

Okay I have done it, it is the New Year and I celebrated by ordering a new MINI!

I fell in love with MINI when I drove a yellow convertible as a rental car. I really wanted a Yellow Cabrio but since they don't make them I decided for a MINI Cooper S. I love the look of them. All your pictures on this site helped me decide.

I cot a MY MINI Cooper S with Black roof, Sport Package, Checkered Cloth seats, Silver checkered interior, Yellow Color line, Chrome Line exterior, Chrome line Interior, Chrome bonnet scoop, Chrome Mirror caps, Heated Seats, Hi-Fi Sound System, 17" Crown Wheel Spokes (looking to change them to the 17" double spoke alloy wheel R99, polished).

What do you guys think? I am worried that there will be too much chrome (I am willing to concede the chrome probably looks better on the LB or the CR) but it seems to look good on the site. There is so much to choose from.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
bmbleB07
2nd Gear
hey guys can i be in the club?

Old 01-02-2008, 01:03 PM
russr
5th Gear
Congrats!!! I have to admit that I haven't really seen any MY/B with chrome mirrors, chrome line ext, chrome bonnet scoop with a black roof. Generally, the MY tends to look better with black, so you see a lot of the above in black, but you could be one of the first ones to have that particular chrome combo and it might look great.

Unless you're big on the sport suspension (if you read the threads you'll see that most folks don't recommend getting it), I'd skip the sport package, get DSC a la carte, get 16" bridge spokes and then when you're ready put whatever wheel/tire package you want. The 17" crown spokes are pretty heavy and the R99s while great looking are even heavier. You'll save $1000 if you go this route and you can put that towards your desired wheel/tire combo.

You also might want to consider adding LSD, Xenon Headlights, white turn signals and the anthracite headliner. these are options that most folks here recommend getting. I ended up skipping the white turn signals and the anthracite headliner, but were I to do it again, I'd add the headliner.

Originally Posted by kymber88
Okay I have done it, it is the New Year and I celebrated by ordering a new MINI!

I fell in love with MINI when I drove a yellow convertible as a rental car. I really wanted a Yellow Cabrio but since they don't make them I decided for a MINI Cooper S. I love the look of them. All your pictures on this site helped me decide.

I cot a MY MINI Cooper S with Black roof, Sport Package, Checkered Cloth seats, Silver checkered interior, Yellow Color line, Chrome Line exterior, Chrome line Interior, Chrome bonnet scoop, Chrome Mirror caps, Heated Seats, Hi-Fi Sound System, 17" Crown Wheel Spokes (looking to change them to the 17" double spoke alloy wheel R99, polished).

What do you guys think? I am worried that there will be too much chrome (I am willing to concede the chrome probably looks better on the LB or the CR) but it seems to look good on the site. There is so much to choose from.

Last edited by russr; 01-02-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
acebutt
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bmbleB07
hey guys can i be in the club?
Welcome
The more the merrier! Got pics ?
w/clown wig ?

Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
robrob
2nd Gear
Can I join in a couple of months? Ordered 29 Dec, from the configurator:

For you yellow car fans, here's my track car:

Rob

Old 01-02-2008, 01:39 PM
meadbar
2nd Gear
hi mellow yellow in the uk

Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
kymber88
Neutral
RUSSR, thanks for your reply, I forgot to mention that I am from Canada so the Xenon Headlights and the Dynamic Stability Control is included (along with multifunction steering wheel, heated mirrors and heated washer jets). The white turn lights are not legal. I hadn't considered the LSD. I will look into it.

The only way to get the Anthracite headliner is to get the sport package. The reason that we wanted to get the sports package was to get the bigger tires. We get a lot of snow around here so the higher off the ground I am the better. I didn't consider any other options, I will do some research about the sports package.

Thank you again for your advice.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
bmbleB07
2nd Gear
my my/b...Press Vehicle...

I got my car may 29th it was the only car on the lot with miles, but it was the only one that was $23000 also... the only S i could afford, that was from the factory with 700 miles on it....The rest were properly fitted with pricey options...$30k+

(and i didn't have to wait 16 weeks)(plus i made the dealer take off 750 off the price for the wear on the car I tried to get more off but they wouldn't budge)

It only options it had was the sport package, plus the rear fog, and anthracite liner

Here is the fine print. The car was never owned when i bought it. This was a press vehicle. It was loaned to the press for 1-2 weeks while they evaluated it.

I have had no qualms with it i love it to death, but wonder how it was treated before i owned it.

Also....it might be one of the earliest production weeks... my/b around...

Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 PM
larrydata
2nd Gear
Here's my 2008 MY/B MCS

I picked up my 2008 MCS on New Year's Eve...and I'm sooooo happy with it! Mellow Yellow is a great color.

Since I live in NE I had to swap the tires for Winters (Michl Ice). Everyone I know wants a ride now. My commute is way more fun now!

Let's see...Mellow-Yellow, black roof, Anthracite headliner, MY color-line, piano black, 16" wheels, leatherette sports seats, white turn signals, Xenons, sunroof, Hi-Fi, iPod, cold package.

I love the heated seats and the 2008's "auto-up" windows.

Larry

Old 01-02-2008, 03:52 PM
bmbleB07
2nd Gear
it's a beauty

Old 01-02-2008, 03:54 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
Larry,
Did you get that at New Counrty MINI? I think I saw your MINI in the showroom when I was there. CONGRATS I got a Mellow Yellow also. GREAT color choice. You'll love it. My aunt lives in Greenfield!!! I just wish I had the leatherette seats I got the cloth in mince cause I got it off the showroom floor. Can you post some Interior Photos too PLEASE.....

Last edited by kevinminict; 01-02-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
larrydata
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kevinminict
Larry,
Did you get that at New Counrty MINI? I think I saw your MINI in the showroom when I was there. CONGRATS I got a Mellow Yellow also. GREAT color choice. You'll love it. My aunt lives in Greenfield!!! I just wish I had the leatherette seats I got the cloth in mince cause I got it off the showroom floor. Can you post some Interior Photos too PLEASE.....
Yes, I did get it at New Country. It arrived Saturday (Dec 29th) and I took delivery on the 31st (Monday). I even got to drive it out of the showroom!

I'll try to get some interior shots posted this weekend.

Larry

Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
Originally Posted by larrydata
Yes, I did get it at New Country. It arrived Saturday (Dec 29th) and I took delivery on the 31st (Monday). I even got to drive it out of the showroom!

I'll try to get some interior shots posted this weekend.

Larry

Sweet. Thanks a bunch.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
larrydata
2nd Gear
One more thing kevinminict...(I'm so lame)...I copied you and put an "Actual Size" sticker exactly where you did. I was pointing out pics of your car to my Wife yesterday.

Our cars could be clones.

Small world!

Larry

Old 01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
Originally Posted by larrydata
One more thing kevinminict...(I'm so lame)...I copied you and put an "Actual Size" sticker exactly where you did. I was pointing out pics of your car to my Wife yesterday.

Our cars could be clones.

Small world!

Larry

HaHaHA..... No thats quite allright! My T in Actual...is coming off I need to get a new one. I scraped it off with my ice scraper this past snowfall. You saw my pics on Flickr?

I notice alot of people point at it when stopped behind me. Atleast they are pointing at that or can see the huge speedo.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bmbleB07
I got my car may 29th it was the only car on the lot with miles, but it was the only one that was $23000 also...
Welcome to NAM, the Mellow Yellow owners club and to the Oregon Mini owners group. Your car looks great.

If you're interested in going out on group drives or to the track, the PDX Mini club has lots of events planned throughout the year. Check us out at:

http://www.pdxmini.org/

Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great looking car bmbleB07! The day I picked up mine, in the small showroom were two other Mellow Yellow models. Mine is yellow roof, the other two had the other options, one black roof w/stripes, one white roof w/white stripes. Really was very cool to see all three options right next to each other.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:29 PM
sailorliz23
3rd Gear
can i be part of the family? just got my my/b mini last week, after driving around in my fiance's pw/pw for three months. MY is much nicer and i fell in love the second i saw it!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
RR Hounds
2nd Gear
I'd like to join too, but my MCS just got loaded on the ship today and set sail, so he is just getting to know his fellow cruise members.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sailorliz23
can i be part of the family? just got my my/b mini last week ...!
Originally Posted by RR Hounds
I'd like to join too, but my MCS just got loaded on the ship today and set sail, so he is just getting to know his fellow cruise members.
Welcome to you both. Always glad to have new members and to keep the thread alive.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:41 AM
07YellowMCS
1st Gear
Hello all. I received my Mellow Yellow Mini in July. I had a yellow Lancer but it got totaled because someone ran a red light. So I decided to get Mini. Wasnt much of a hard choice. Went to the dealer twice and ordered it. Great to see a lot a Mellow Yellow owners.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:23 AM
ladisney
3rd Gear
I too took only two trips to the dealer before I ordered. I was going to get the CR/W until I saw the MY/B in person. I didn't think of it at the time but the Iowa Hawkeyes colors are about the same and I'm an Iowa State alumni. I should have gotten the all yellow and bought red stripes for it.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:19 AM
VelvetFoot
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Mine is scheduled to be complete 2/14.

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club