R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:37 PM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey count me in on the "Chicago Mellows" pic idea. Of course, my MC won't be in until September. Maybe a fall picture with yellow leaves all around?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:15 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Well, I am officially an owner of MY COOPER now. Pick it up on Saturday and haven't stopped smiling since. Pics are up in my gallery. Sorry they aren't great. I'm not a good photographer. And to be honest photo's couldn't do it justice. I was unsure of the Black Jack sun roof decal and side scuttles when I ordered but in person it looks AMAZING! I am getting stopped and asked about the car all the time and it's only been 2 days.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:43 PM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniO
Well, I am officially an owner of MY COOPER now. Pick it up on Saturday and haven't stopped smiling since. Pics are up in my gallery. Sorry they aren't great. I'm not a good photographer. And to be honest photo's couldn't do it justice. I was unsure of the Black Jack sun roof decal and side scuttles when I ordered but in person it looks AMAZING! I am getting stopped and asked about the car all the time and it's only been 2 days.
Very sweet, MiniO. Can't wait to get my MY beauty!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 AM
MeloR56
3rd Gear
We have had Me'lo now for about a week...the color is a real eye catcher and literally have people walk up and smile.... it is a happy happy car
Added a few mods...some aesthetic some for performance>>
With the JCW black grille
Name:  Melonoseatnight.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  MINIrearwithmudflaps.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  77.2 KB

Name:  Melosideview.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  87.8 KB

Was so so on ordering the color line and chrome line interior, but now I simply am amazed how I am drawn to the set up...just makes the interior pop out

Just added the JCW strut tower brace and the M7 turbo shield>>
Name:  MINIenginebaywithstruttowerbraceI.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  80.2 KB

Now to the big issue... we ordered Me'lo as all Yellow... no black top or stripes etc. thinking we would do custom stripes after we got the MINI... were SO sure about the stripes even set up appointment with Zebra Stripes (does the MINI stripes here in Northern Va)...but after a week cancelled...we simply can not decide and are leaning towards keeping it simple...just plain all yellow...and if we change our minds can add later.
Anyway, proud to be in the ranks of the Mellow Yellow crowd

Michael

Last edited by MeloR56; 07-28-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
D Unit
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really love this thread because I can totally relate how you feel. I think if I talked to any nonMini owner, or nonMellowYellow owner for that matter, they could not relate.

We chose the MY with matching roof because we thought there was already plenty of contrast from the stock trim (especially the JCW Aero kit). I was talking to the wifey about stripes the other day and she liked a few of them on other cars, but she said she loves the clean look it has now. Anyways, I feel you on everything you said... The black JCW grill blends so nicely and the mods under your hood look so classy and subtle... I love it!

Originally Posted by MeloR56
We have had Me'lo now for about a week...the color is a real eye catcher and literally have people walk up and smile.... it is a happy happy car
Added a few mods...some aesthetic some for performance>>
With the JCW black grille

Was so so on ordering the color line and chrome line interior, but now I simply am amazed how I am drawn to the set up...just makes the interior pop out

Just added the JCW strut tower brace and the M7 turbo shield>>

Now to the big issue... we ordered Me'lo as all Yellow... no black top or stripes etc. thinking we would do custom stripes after we got the MINI... were SO sure about the stripes even set up appointment with Zebra Stripes (does the MINI stripes here in Northern Va)...but after a week cancelled...we simply can not decide and are leaning towards keeping it simple...just plain all yellow...and if we change our minds can add later.
Anyway, proud to be in the ranks of the Mellow Yellow crowd

Michael

Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
tedbone72P
3rd Gear
Lottsa good looking cars on this thread

Want ed to say that MY appears is becoming a popular color here in West Palm. More and more MY driving around everyday.

Keep the pics coming. . .I'll be doing Joey mod soon. I haven't seen any MY with it. If anyone has done this or seen it, I would appreciate some feedback. . .thanks

Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tedbone72P
I'll be doing Joey mod soon. I haven't seen any MY with it. If anyone has done this or seen it, I would appreciate some feedback. . .thanks
Excuse my naivety, but what is Joey mod?

Old 07-28-2008, 01:51 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Blackout of the chrome in the lighting.

Last edited by pilotart; 07-28-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add links
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Nice. That would look sweet on MY. I was thinking about at least getting black wheels for mine, but I won't be buying them factory...can't afford that.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
MeloR56
3rd Gear
I was thinking about the chrome rings around head lights going black...that's for another time maybe.. but I was going to start a new thread about YELO but decided the other color owners would take offense so........................................

Here is the "THERE IS yellow AND THEN THERE IS MELLOW YELLOW"...

Show pics of your MeloYelo next to other 'yellows'>>
Michael

Last edited by MeloR56; 07-29-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:55 AM
booklady
2nd Gear
Nice! You should start a new thread..... I'll chime in as soon as I have my baby in September. My car-baby, of course.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
I was thinking about the chrome rings around head lights going black...that's for another time maybe.. but I was going to start a new thread about YELO but decided the other color owners would take offense so........................................

Michael
You have inspired me! I will have to wash Jack Jack up and give this a try. I saw a truck today that would have been great to photograph. it was a very orangey yellow.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
scribbledpaper
the land of far, far away
Originally Posted by MiniO
I couldn't resist peeking at your gallery!! Your car is beautiful! Good job!

Last edited by scribbledpaper; 07-29-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Clicquot
1st Gear
Hi All-
I'm waiting for my MY to catch a boat. Love all the mods and just all the Mellow Yellow goodness on this thread.
I have the MY colorline with Piano Black interior, anthracite headliner and black leather.
Exterior: MY, white top, white sport stripes.
I cannot wait!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
scribbledpaper: Thanks! I wasn't sure about the Black Jack roof and scuttles when I ordered. BUt when I saw it for the first time in person at pick up, I am so glad I got them. It really does look better in person due to my loust camera skills.
Bean looks awesome too. I actually like the way the MY color line looks on the interior. I didn't get it because I though it would be too much. I was wrong on that one. But never wrong going with MINI.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
D Unit
4th Gear
Teaser... I wasn't crazy to pay $700 for the authentic JCW diffuser, but did find a very competent carbon fiber guy to overlay this for me for A LOT less...

Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 PM
jasonite
2nd Gear
Got "B. Arthur" back in December (on my local dealer's lot, almost exactly the way I would've specced her), and joined NAM in early June. Not sure why it took so long to finally post!

There are now several other MY MINIs in my area, so B. isn't quite as unique as she used to be - though having just read thru the entire thread, it's nice to see just how much variety there is amongst our MY cars. Nice rides, everyone!

No mods yet, but upcoming:

JCW aero kit
CF bonnet scoop, mirror caps, rear diffuser, and hatch lid
black jack side scuttles
window tint

Attached Thumbnails The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-img_0270.jpg   The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-img_0069.jpg   The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-20071215cnew.jpg  

Last edited by jasonite; 08-02-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
jasonite: the Black Jack scuttles look amazing on the yellow. especially with the black roof. post pics when you get them on.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:10 AM
jasonite
2nd Gear
I know, MiniO! After viewing your gallery last night, I knew I'd made the right decision in contacting the dealer for pricing on them (and even considered getting the roof decal too ) Thank you!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:37 AM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Very welcome...glad my car helped in your decision.
You are going to love it. All I think about is taking it on a nice long ride.
Unfortunately time hasn't allowed for that yet. Soon I hope.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Michael
No pictures to show proof, but I parked next to the same colored Mustang this morning.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:19 PM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
Hi--ordered a MY 2009 black roof with sunroof. I have decided on the black punch leather but am having trouble with the trim choices. It comes with the dark grey colorline. I am changing the trim to fluid silver (rather than the piano black)because I want the door oval to have more contrast. (My 2005 MINI has that contrast with the pleather seats and I like the contrast.) After viewing the choices a million times on the MINI configurator I am still having a hard time "visualizing" the leather seats. Any feedback on this punch leather/greyline/fluid silver combo? Many thanks

Old 08-03-2008, 07:32 PM
scribbledpaper
the land of far, far away
Originally Posted by MINIMotorMouth
Hi--ordered a MY 2009 black roof with sunroof. I have decided on the black punch leather but am having trouble with the trim choices. It comes with the dark grey colorline. I am changing the trim to fluid silver (rather than the piano black)because I want the door oval to have more contrast. (My 2005 MINI has that contrast with the pleather seats and I like the contrast.) After viewing the choices a million times on the MINI configurator I am still having a hard time "visualizing" the leather seats. Any feedback on this punch leather/greyline/fluid silver combo? Many thanks
I don't know about the greyline/fluid silver combo, but I do know that I wouldn't trade my punch leather seats for anything! I love them!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:13 PM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
Originally Posted by scribbledpaper
I don't know about the greyline/fluid silver combo, but I do know that I wouldn't trade my punch leather seats for anything! I love them!
Are the punch leather seats a two-tone or all black? And is the MY color line true to the mellow yellow color? I don't even see that MY color line on the 2009 MINI configurator--. Thanks for your input

Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
DanQ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIMotorMouth
And is the MY color line true to the mellow yellow color? I don't even see that MY color line on the 2009 MINI configurator--. Thanks for your input
I'd say MY colorline interior is lighter than the MY exterior... It brightens up an otherwise dark interior however.. see D Units interior shot above, notice the color in the door jams

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club