R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:56 PM
rikmeister
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice pics jason. did you go with mini of the mainline.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
jasonite
2nd Gear
Thanks, guys, glad you like

captsprocket, shame you didn't come thru on the morning we gathered at the Art Museum - how funny would that have been? From there, we were all over the central, western, and southern parts of the city. Since I was driving, I could only snap pics (mostly) when stopped, so there were some great twisties I didn't get shots of.

rikmeister, I got my MINI at Otto's since I live in West Chester, but a coworker bought a MINI a few weeks later and went to Main Line. If you noticed some of the cars in the pics with MotML stenciled on the side, Main Line sponsored that rally beyond generously

Old 08-25-2008, 10:02 PM
yduel
Neutral
MY CLUBMAN

I got my MY Clubman July 28th. I also was checking for a Mellow Yellow Owners Club.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by yduel
I got my MY Clubman July 28th. I also was checking for a Mellow Yellow Owners Club.
Can you post pictures (particularly of the back)? I don't think I've ever seen a MY Clubbie.

BTW, congrats on the purchase!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
I think his will make the third MY Clubbie I've seen on here. There's one with a silver roof, mine, and now his. I may be missing someone, but there are certainly very few MY Clubbies out there.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
That's great. I like your wheels. I wanted to go with that on my MCS, but couldn't justify the cost.

Do you have any pictures of the back? I'm curious to see what the pillars look like with the MY. Thanks.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:19 AM
DanQ
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
% MY for 2008 model year?

Does anyone have an idea of the percentage of mellow yellow produced in '08? I don't see many yellow cars around so I'd guess it is below 10% of total production?

YTD August 2008 sales in the US were 36,932. How many were yellow?

Old 09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DanQ
Does anyone have an idea of the percentage of mellow yellow produced in '08? I don't see many yellow cars around so I'd guess it is below 10% of total production?

From a marketing standpoint, that would be an excellent thing to know. I do agree that it is the color I see the least. I have several annual reports from BMW Group, but I don't think those kinds of stats are in there.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Fifteen.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
BHELTON, thanks for the compliments. Yes I do, but they are on my computer at home. I really need to build my gallery, so maybe I can take some time tonight and do that. Plus, I have made a few changes as the picture in my sig is the day I bought it home.

I purchased the wheels separately and went w/ non-runflats. Wheels, tires, locks, etc. cost me around $1700, so it's not as bad as you'd think. I purchased everything but the tires from Roadshow MINI in Cordova TN (888-876-8792/Ask for Bill).

Old 09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
mellowmcs
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unfortunately BMW does not release those numbers.

I've tried to get how many dakar yellow II M Coupes were made from 1999-2000 for several years and finally gave up. the last email I got from BMW customer relations simply said, they do not release the type of information I was requesting. Even dealers don't know.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
For those interested, here's a rear shot of a Clubbie, plus, I finally put a few in my gallery. I'll take some current ones this weekend as I've blacked out my trim, added body-color headlight rings, mud flaps, and added a little something special to my A-panels.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:35 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
On the home stretch

I pick up my MY MCS later this week and I almost cant stand it. I'm driving my wife nuts! I have a stack of things here just waiting to doll "Britney" up as soon as I get her! The two months since I ordered it in the desert are almost over!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Ken G.
4th Gear
I like how the roof color carries down through the brake lights into the rear bumper on the Clubman.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM
pinkcell
Neutral
hello,

I would like to order my new mellow yellow mini but I need to help before. I can't decide on the interior color and if I want the black and yellow exterior or the black/white/yellow one. That is why I need your help please!

Do you have pictures of a mini mellow yellow with white roof, mirrors and stripes? What interior did you choose? Do you have some pictures as well?

Is one of you chose the tuscan beige interior? Does it get dirty easily and is it easy to clean? Pictures?

Thank your for your help

Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Well, unfortunately, I don't have pictures as mine is still on the dock in Southampton. But I can tell you what I went with as far as interior (you can see the exterior in my sig). I opted for the leatherette, piano black trim, anthracite headliner, and chrome line trim. I also didn't do anything with the colorline, because as soon as it comes in, my dealer is going to swap the colorline for last year's yellow (since they don't offer it anymore). I've seen all these options together and I think they are simply stunning. That is if you're going for the yellow/black look. If you go white exterior, I can't help

Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
pinkcell
Neutral
hello

I would love to have the yellow line inside. Could you give some detailed about having this line installed. I ordered it at a mini retailer in rhode island.

Thanks

Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
I just went through my MA and he coordinated everything with the parts department. The color line is already there waiting for my MINI too. As soon as Stella comes in, they'll install the parts. He said they could do it in about an hour. I also only got he kneeboards swapped out. I opted to keep the armrests in the gray, mostly because I know the yellow will show wear a lot faster and it saved me some money. The cost of the kneeboards (three parts) with installation will run me about $400. That might be a little more than you could get since the switch for my driving lamps is in one of those pieces. I figured if I had ordered it as a color line, it would have cost $250, so that's not too much more for a custom job.

As another option, you could do the install yourself pretty easily and just order the parts from Morristown MINI. I asked them about the cost and they quoted my about $170 I think for just the three kneeboard pieces. I just had the dealer install mine a) because it dealt with the switch for the driving lamps and b) so it would just be ready to drive home when I picked it up.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Ken G.
4th Gear
I've got the Tuscan beige leather, and oak trim. Been meaning to post some pictures for awhile, I'll try to take a few tonight.

I haven't had too bad a problem with dirt; the light color tends to show it, but I've been using BMW's interior vinyl cleaner, which takes the dirt off easily. I really like the color, particularly with the yellow exterior, and the oak trim pieces add a nice organic touch.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
YIPPEE!!!

I pick up my MY 09 MCS tomorrow! I am so stoked!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mickdayank
I pick up my MY 09 MCS tomorrow! I am so stoked!
Congratulations! Post pictures! I bet you won't be able to sleep tonight. I don't get mine for another 3 weeks and I'm already finding it hard to sleep.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Ken G.
4th Gear
OK, here is what the Tuscan Beige interior looks like. Despite the light color, it's not too hard to keep clean. Plus this is an all MY car, so the light interior goes with the exterior well, without being jarringly yellow.

I've also installed the OEM Tuscan handbrake handle and boot. The car came with a black handle, which I didn't like. I think it looks nice and I have to wonder why MINI doesn't offer it as an option when designing the car on the website.

Attached Thumbnails The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-interior1.jpg   The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-interior2.jpg   The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-interior3.jpg  
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 AM
elmalloc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Greg Davis
For those interested, here's a rear shot of a Clubbie, plus, I finally put a few in my gallery. I'll take some current ones this weekend as I've blacked out my trim, added body-color headlight rings, mud flaps, and added a little something special to my A-panels.

Interesting rim selection.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 PM
speedyalice
2nd Gear
LOVE these pictures!!

I'm about to order a new MINI and I'm pretty sure that I'm going with MY. Currently have a 2006 Solar Red that I *love*... am giving her to my oldest daughter... so getting another red isn't really an option, and aside from Chili Red, no other color pops out at me the way Mellow Yellow does.

I think I'm going with white roof and bonnet stripes, and checkerboard sunroof and side mirrors. pinkcell, I'm trying to decide on the interior, too! bhelton, your choices sound like what I like: Anthracite headliner, black leatherette, chrome line trim, piano dash...! I'd love the yellow color line, but I'm ordering from a new dealership and doubt that they have anything that was available last year.

It really helps to see so many pics... thanks for taking the time to post them!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Got her!

Well Britney is getting her first night of sleep in her new home. Not all was perfect but my MA and the dealership as a whole was fantastic. First thing I noticed when I sat in her was that the armrest and multifunction wheel were not present. Now while I can live without the armrest, I WANT the multifunction wheel. My MA's heart skipped a beat, he got deathly quiet and I think he expected me to blow my stack. It wasnt on the build sheet but was on the website as being included so those who are building/ordering currently, check everything close and ask the questions. Anyway, literally everyone in the dealership went into high gear working to see if they could replace the wheel with the one I wanted/ordered. They found out that with the standard xmission, they could and so put it on order post haste. Had it been an auto, they could not have been able to fix it for me. Other than that, I got hooked up with things (accessories) for my girl that I will leave out since I got a really good deal from my MA! I couldnt have ordered without this site! Let me make a couple observations from my first two hour drive home from the dealer.
- Sport Button TIGHTENS things up nicely and responsiveness is amazing.
- There has been a lot of boo hoo on NAM about the Hi-Fi stereo not being up to par. Two of the MA's today said that it is now made by Bose and when looking at the amp, it is not the Harmon Becker from what I can tell so maybe the 2009s have a better Hi-Fi sound system (I will try to find out of course). Anwyay, I am very happy with the sound and it rocks! The bass/trebble etc can be set/saved for each input type i.e radio, Ipod, CD which is nice because radio of course needs help anyway whereas an Ipod has better sound.
- Love the 17" flamespokes! Look better than in the pictures. I also dont find the run-flats offensive so far and after all the reading I've done here, I was biased going in. Any sports car, which a MCS is, has stiff suspension and a stiffer ride. An older Firebird I used to have did so I dont find it bothersome.
- Love the Xenon lights but the self balance function will take a bit of getting used to. They are BRIGHT though which I love.
- Factory Aero kit looks great. Very nice lines. Glad I didnt do the JCW.
- Interior of the car is VERY quiet.
- Bluetooth works flawlessly and is a function that I thought would be "neat" but now I think it will be one of my favorites!
- Got a little bug with the Ipod I think. May be the Ipod itself though because some songs wont play from it regardless of if plugged into the car or not.
- Dont find the seat belt placement to be a problem. In fact, I didnt even think about it when I grabbed it. It felt normal to me in fact.
- Love the comfort access. Not having to fiddle with keys is great. Great for those rainy days or when you are carrying things.
- Turn temp down, AC kicks on. Turn temp up, heater kicks on...neato!

I think I will stop now before I go on and on. I have had two Nissan Titans, still own one, and I thought that Nissan did a lot of thinking when they built it with all the bells an whistles and conveniences in a full sized truck, but MINI has just plain built an amazing, fun, smart car with all kinds of things that make you go...no sh**...why dont other car makers think of that? I cant wait to get up tomorrow and have a ball. She's getting sunglasses...got a tinting appointment!

09 MY MCS| 17" Flame Spokes w/ Perf Runflat, Black Bonnet Stripes|Comfort Access|Convenience|Limited Slip|DSC|Xenons, Front and Rear Fogs|iPod/ Bluetooth|Chrome Line Int and Gas Cap|6 Spd Man| Hi-Fi|Auto AC

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club