R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:34 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE post pictures! I would love to see what that looks like!

Just add them to your gallery and when you view one, it will have a URL below it. Copy the URL and paste it in the dialog box that pops up when you click the picture icon in the post reply box.

Oh, and welcome to family!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM
nikoli
1st Gear
Finally took some pictures.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
nikoli
1st Gear
Couple More

Old 02-17-2009, 05:42 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
That is just awesome! I don't think I'm bold enough for that, but I love it!

Where did you get the John Cooper Signature and your boot stripes. I saw the boot stripes at Outmotoring, but I couldn't tell if they were the same as the factory with the thick black and white pinstripes on the outside?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 AM
jbewley
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bhelton
That is just awesome! I don't think I'm bold enough for that, but I love it!

Where did you get the John Cooper Signature and your boot stripes. I saw the boot stripes at Outmotoring, but I couldn't tell if they were the same as the factory with the thick black and white pinstripes on the outside?
Go to the Aesthetic Creations web site. Mike has the stripes and the John Cooper decal. I have ordeded a lot of stuff from him and it is top quality.

The AC with the dragon sticker at the bottom of the window is their logo.

Jim

Old 02-17-2009, 06:10 AM
nikoli
1st Gear
All of the interior items other than the dash also came from Aesthetic Creations.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:30 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jbewley
Go to the Aesthetic Creations web site. Mike has the stripes and the John Cooper decal. I have ordeded a lot of stuff from him and it is top quality.

The AC with the dragon sticker at the bottom of the window is their logo.

Jim
Thanks, I'll have to order some boot stripes before the Dragon so I can sport at least one mod. He just had those stripes half off too and I missed it

Old 02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
jbewley
5th Gear
Thanks, I'll have to order some boot stripes before the Dragon so I can sport at least one mod. He just had those stripes half off too and I missed it
Sadly, everything I ordered from them came just when the winter weather hit. I was advised to wait for warmer weather to apply them and I can see why. It has been very hard to know that the roof graphic and stripes are sitting right here and I can't do anything but look at the tubes they came in. My last order should arrive tomorrow in the form of the "warning sticker decals" and the "domed, wood grain" to go on the center stack. Now those I CAN put on.

Jim

Old 02-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Ken G.
4th Gear
Thanks, Nikoli, for the reference to Aesthetic Creations. I've been looking for something to cover the airbag warnings ever since someone showed me his stickers a few months ago. I particularly love AC's "Perma-grin" label, I'm torn between those and the Mini wings with an S.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:29 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ken G.
Thanks, Nikoli, for the reference to Aesthetic Creations. I've been looking for something to cover the airbag warnings ever since someone showed me his stickers a few months ago. I particularly love AC's "Perma-grin" label, I'm torn between those and the Mini wings with an S.
One of each?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:03 PM
jbewley
5th Gear
One of each?
Sounds resonable to me. There are two visors aftet all.

Jim

Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM
jbewley
5th Gear
I just received my domed, wood grain center stack sticker from AC. Talk about a work of art. You all should really check this out. I'll post a picture once I get it on.

Jim

Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
I just received my domed, wood grain center stack sticker from AC. Talk about a work of art. You all should really check this out. I'll post a picture once I get it on.

Jim
Yes, do! What other options are there? I've seen CF, wood grain and the checkered. Is is just a yellow one that matches the color line?

Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 PM
carvinguy
Neutral
Hey folks, count me in the MYOC, after a month of lurking. I got Stubby on 1/17 and he really needed a bath considering our random Colorado winter before he got his picture taken.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...m/IMG_3580.JPG

Chris

Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by carvinguy
Hey folks, count me in the MYOC, after a month of lurking. I got Stubby on 1/17 and he really needed a bath considering our random Colorado winter before he got his picture taken.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...m/IMG_3580.JPG

Chris
Sweet ride! Welcome to the club. If you are interested in replacing your white driving lamp covers with black, call up Morristown Mini (or use your local dealer) and order this part number: 63120432836. That's for one, not a pair, so order two. They are about $20/piece.

Again, welcome to the club. Will you be making the long trip to MOTD this spring?

Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
carvinguy
Neutral
Thanks! No dragon for us this year, though I do hope to get up to MitM as it's in the neighborhood.

Funny you should mention the driving light covers, I took a stab at painting them black after I got them but really didn't like the results, so I will probably wind up getting a black pair.

Chris

Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
jbewley
5th Gear
Sweet ride! Welcome to the club. If you are interested in replacing your white driving lamp covers with black, call up Morristown Mini (or use your local dealer) and order this part number: 63120432836. That's for one, not a pair, so order two. They are about $20/piece.

Again, welcome to the club. Will you be making the long trip to MOTD this spring?
My covers were white too and I thought it odd as I had seen black ones in the show room. Why would they put white ones on a MY/B? It does not matter to me as I don't think I will ever use them, but it is a bit strange.

Jim

Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by carvinguy
Thanks! No dragon for us this year, though I do hope to get up to MitM as it's in the neighborhood.

Funny you should mention the driving light covers, I took a stab at painting them black after I got them but really didn't like the results, so I will probably wind up getting a black pair.

Chris
That's what I did as well. The painted ones worked ok but chipped off after a while. Even though the rest of the front of the car doesn't have any chips.

My covers were white too and I thought it odd as I had seen black ones in the show room. Why would they put white ones on a MY/B? It does not matter to me as I don't think I will ever use them, but it is a bit strange.

Jim
The white covers come with the chrome lights, black with the black lights. I like the chrome light with the black cover as it matches the black grill with the chrome surround.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:41 PM
jbewley
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Minidrivr
That's what I did as well. The painted ones worked ok but chipped off after a while. Even though the rest of the front of the car doesn't have any chips.

The white covers come with the chrome lights, black with the black lights. I like the chrome light with the black cover as it matches the black grill with the chrome surround.
Well that explains it. I did not notice that some of the lights were black rather then chrome. I think the exposed lights look good and when I need them I do not have to stop and take the covers off. The covers are a little "off-roadish" looking, IMHO, rather then "rally", which is the look I am going for.

Jim

Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 AM
tedbone72P
3rd Gear
Anyone here do a complete BO mod including joey mod? I painted the grill bezel and headlight bezels last year. Only one small chip on the grill but otherwise doing great. So this weekend I did the side markers, door handles, gas cap and rear light bezels. Looks really sharp! I want to do the joey mod but am a little frightened about breaking something then having to pay for a new light. I was wondering if anyone has done this yet, a complete blackout of a MY/W S? I'll post picks soon.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:41 AM
tedbone72P
3rd Gear
Nikoli, nice little funky MY MINI!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tedbone72P
Anyone here do a complete BO mod including joey mod? I painted the grill bezel and headlight bezels last year. Only one small chip on the grill but otherwise doing great. So this weekend I did the side markers, door handles, gas cap and rear light bezels. Looks really sharp! I want to do the joey mod but am a little frightened about breaking something then having to pay for a new light. I was wondering if anyone has done this yet, a complete blackout of a MY/W S? I'll post picks soon.
You might be the first. I would definitely like to see what it looks like on MY/W thought.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 AM
jbewley
5th Gear
Just when I thought March was here and warm weather would soon follow a big snow storm hits the east coast. I have all these mods just sitting here and can not put any of them on Fogie. To make it worse I was looking at a picture of the 1964 winning rally car and hit on an idea to get my four driving lights without blocking the air flow to the grill, but again I can't do it right now. When summer finely arrives I'm taking a week off from work and make it a "Mini Week".

Jim

Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Just when I thought March was here and warm weather would soon follow a big snow storm hits the east coast. I have all these mods just sitting here and can not put any of them on Fogie. To make it worse I was looking at a picture of the 1964 winning rally car and hit on an idea to get my four driving lights without blocking the air flow to the grill, but again I can't do it right now. When summer finely arrives I'm taking a week off from work and make it a "Mini Week".

Jim
Sounds good. For now, you can just enjoy the fun weather like I am:

Old 03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
jbewley
5th Gear
Sounds good. For now, you can just enjoy the fun weather like I am:
Nice tracks Brian. A bit later I'm going to track the fresh powder down the driveway and hope for the best.

Jim

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club