R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinminict
Post some interior shots as well!
Ask and you shall receive:

Last edited by Sowellman; 07-30-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Pebble
4th Gear
Another MY here too, I have an MCS and also have Piano Black and yellow Color line, I have a black roof and stripes too.
Im a crossover from the Chili Red club I guess.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:51 AM
leek
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sowellman
It looks good, too. Congratulations. How long have you had your car? I'm going on three months now.
Almost 1 month

Old 07-31-2007, 09:00 AM
andyde
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dva1946
Florence is gonna be 88 in Aug, and had a blast riding in our new mini today!!
That is awesome!! I love the shots

Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
andyde
5th Gear
New wheels...

Interior shots, MY color line / piano black / lounge leather....
Yum...

and... just got my new tires and wheels mounted. I love the new look...

Attached Thumbnails The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-imgp1290-sm.jpg   The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-imgp1350-sm.jpg   The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-imgp1354-sm.jpg  
Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
NICE. I am going thursday to get my black stripes put on the bonnet. I cant wait to see what it loosk like. From your phots its going to make it even better!

Also Should I get the checkered mirror caps. I think that would look nice with the MY and Black roof I have.

Any suggestions? Should I do it?

Some more pics I just took of em. 561 miles and its been exactly 1 week today since I got em. I love how it looks in a photo profile wise it looks like its moving.

Last edited by kevinminict; 07-31-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kevinminict
Also Should I get the checkered mirror caps. I think that would look nice with the MY and Black roof I have.
I opted against the checkered caps for the outside and the rearview mirrors. For me, I thought the black and white would just make the overall look too busy.

But you may decide you like the look that would bring. You'll have to make your own best choice.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
OutMotoring
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
http://picasaweb.google.com/OutMotor...25253825427810

OutMotoring.com: Home of the finest MINI and Aston Martin Parts + Accessories.
Shop online at www.OutMotoring.com
Free Shipping on most orders over $195 Click HERE

Old 08-02-2007, 05:45 PM
meg
5th Gear
Here's the new plate we got for Homer (our MY/B)

Old 08-03-2007, 07:01 AM
andyde
5th Gear
Aaron-
Looking good, is that your personal R56..
I love the light bar, thinking about picking one up...

Old 08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
gos1
1st Gear
Welcome Cheerio to the Northwest...

As the first post, i would like to introduce Cheerio. Only two days old and 250 miles of fun.

Last edited by gos1; 08-06-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gos1
As the first post, i would like to introduce Cheerio. Only two days old and 250 miles of fun.
Were the driving lights factory/port installed? Where do they install the switch for them?

Old 08-03-2007, 09:17 PM
gos1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Minidrivr
Were the driving lights factory/port installed? Where do they install the switch for them?
The lights were dealer installed. The switch is on the dash, to the left of the steering column, almost directly below the directional/lights stalk. The driving lights come on when you use the high beams. I have the xeon lights, and the driving lights add some good all-around illumination and this augments the xeons which are very focused beams. Originally, I was not sure they would make a difference, but I really like the extra brightness and have them always on when using the high beams.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Looks lovely. Welcome to NAM and the Oregon Mini owners group. Are you in the metro area? The surroundings look like they might be a little farther away. I'm down in Roseburg.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:47 AM
acebutt
3rd Gear
Really nice looking MY/w chrome caps & lights name

Old 08-04-2007, 07:37 AM
gos1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Sowellman
Looks lovely. Welcome to NAM and the Oregon Mini owners group. Are you in the metro area? The surroundings look like they might be a little farther away. I'm down in Roseburg.
You are right. I am in Corvallis. Not nearly as far of a hike to portland as you, but still 1.5 hrs away from Rasmussen.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:40 AM
gos1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by acebutt
Really nice looking MY/w chrome caps & lights name
Thanks! I had one of your mini photos as my desktop image while i was waiting the many weeks for Cheerio to arrive.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
The lights were dealer installed. The switch is on the dash, to the left of the steering column, almost directly below the directional/lights stalk. The driving lights come on when you use the high beams. I have the xeon lights, and the driving lights add some good all-around illumination and this augments the xeons which are very focused beams. Originally, I was not sure they would make a difference, but I really like the extra brightness and have them always on when using the high beams.
I ordered them on my car as well. I was just curious what the "add-on" switch looks like. Is it the same type of switch as the others in the car? How about a picture? I haven't seen any at the dealer with this option.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:31 PM
gos1
1st Gear
I ordered them on my car as well. I was just curious what the "add-on" switch looks like. Is it the same type of switch as the others in the car? How about a picture? I haven't seen any at the dealer with this option.
It is not like the window/light switches. Instead, it is a oval button, mounted horizontally in the dash below the directional stalk. I will post some detailed photos for you of the driving lights, switch, etc tomorrow when i have access to my camera.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
It is not like the window/light switches. Instead, it is a oval button, mounted horizontally in the dash below the directional stalk. I will post some detailed photos for you of the driving lights, switch, etc tomorrow when i have access to my camera.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. All this waiting for the car has me dying for information about it.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
gos1
1st Gear
OEM Driving lights and on/off button

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. All this waiting for the car has me dying for information about it.
MiniDrivr,

Here is a photo of the on/off button for the driving lights, as well as the driving lights themselves. The small dot on the button is a green LED that lights when the lights are engaged. There are more photos of the car with the lights in my gallery.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
MiniDrivr,

Here is a photo of the on/off button for the driving lights, as well as the driving lights themselves. The small dot on the button is a green LED that lights when the lights are engaged. There are more photos of the car with the lights in my gallery.
Thanks gos1! That looks very nice. I like the way the bracket for the lights comes through the grill and isn't attached to the bumper below.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
abe skray
1st Gear
First NAM Post

I just bought my first MINI today. I've been driving the same silver Civic DX Hatchback since high school and decided to pass it on to my brother, who will be living off-campus this year.

I bought a Mellow Yellow MCS with a black roof off the lot. It was really close to the car I would have ordered from the factory with a few extras. She has the Sports Package with Black Checkered Cloth Upholstery, rear fog lamps, and the leather sport wheel (I wanted the multifunction sport wheel, but that was the only option missing from my "ideal" configuration).

The dealership is having her detailed over the weekend. My motoring advisor at Princeton MINI offered free wheel locks for my 17" wheels, and I requested black racing stripes for the bonnet and back. I'll be picking her up on Monday and I can't wait!

I was sold on Mellow Yellow from the get-go but had trouble deciding on white or black roof and stripes. After seeing Cheerio (from above), I'm glad to see I couldn't have gone wrong either way

Although the black racing stripes remind me of my alma mater's mascot!

Old 08-09-2007, 02:05 PM
gos1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by abe skray
I just bought my first MINI today. I've been driving the same silver Civic DX Hatchback since high school and decided to pass it on to my brother, who will be living off-campus this year.

I bought a Mellow Yellow MCS with a black roof off the lot. It was really close to the car I would have ordered from the factory with a few extras. She has the Sports Package with Black Checkered Cloth Upholstery, rear fog lamps, and the leather sport wheel (I wanted the multifunction sport wheel, but that was the only option missing from my "ideal" configuration).

The dealership is having her detailed over the weekend. My motoring advisor at Princeton MINI offered free wheel locks for my 17" wheels, and I requested black racing stripes for the bonnet and back. I'll be picking her up on Monday and I can't wait!

I was sold on Mellow Yellow from the get-go but had trouble deciding on white or black roof and stripes. After seeing Cheerio (from above), I'm glad to see I couldn't have gone wrong either way

Although the black racing stripes remind me of my alma mater's mascot!

Welcome to NAM, where all Mini Owners are welcome. I am excited to hear how you like your new Mellow Yellow cooper.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
I've been driving the same silver Civic DX Hatchback since high school ...
Welcome to NAM and congratulations on your new car and choice of color. I went from a Civic hatchback to a coupe and now the Mini. I've had it since mid-April and love it.

I bought a Mellow Yellow MCS with a black roof off the lot. ... She has the Sports Package with Black Checkered Cloth Upholstery, rear fog lamps, and the leather sport wheel ...
Sounds great.

People keep telling me they thought I was a Duck. But your car looks less like an Oregon scheme and more like a Yellowjacket.

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club