R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:33 PM
dva1946
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your MY MC

You'll be one happy dude !!

Originally Posted by abe skray
I just bought my first MINI today. I've been driving the same silver Civic DX Hatchback since high school and decided to pass it on to my brother, who will be living off-campus this year.

I bought a Mellow Yellow MCS with a black roof off the lot. It was really close to the car I would have ordered from the factory with a few extras. She has the Sports Package with Black Checkered Cloth Upholstery, rear fog lamps, and the leather sport wheel (I wanted the multifunction sport wheel, but that was the only option missing from my "ideal" configuration).

The dealership is having her detailed over the weekend. My motoring advisor at Princeton MINI offered free wheel locks for my 17" wheels, and I requested black racing stripes for the bonnet and back. I'll be picking her up on Monday and I can't wait!

I was sold on Mellow Yellow from the get-go but had trouble deciding on white or black roof and stripes. After seeing Cheerio (from above), I'm glad to see I couldn't have gone wrong either way

Although the black racing stripes remind me of my alma mater's mascot!

Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
I just bought my first MINI today. I've been driving the same silver Civic DX Hatchback since high school and decided to pass it on to my brother, who will be living off-campus this year.

I bought a Mellow Yellow MCS with a black roof off the lot. It was really close to the car I would have ordered from the factory with a few extras. She has the Sports Package with Black Checkered Cloth Upholstery, rear fog lamps, and the leather sport wheel (I wanted the multifunction sport wheel, but that was the only option missing from my "ideal" configuration).

The dealership is having her detailed over the weekend. My motoring advisor at Princeton MINI offered free wheel locks for my 17" wheels, and I requested black racing stripes for the bonnet and back. I'll be picking her up on Monday and I can't wait!

I was sold on Mellow Yellow from the get-go but had trouble deciding on white or black roof and stripes. After seeing Cheerio (from above), I'm glad to see I couldn't have gone wrong either way

Although the black racing stripes remind me of my alma mater's mascot!

WOAH, LOL your MCS is the exact same MCS I got 2 weeks ago.

Mines also a MY w/ Black roof, Checkerd cloth seats, Sport PKG, Sport Leather Steering wheel, and rear Fogs! Also the Black bonnet stripes. I also wanted the multifunctionsteeringwheel, but ohh well I'm very happy what with I have.

We got a nice ride man!!! Have fun motoring. I just got my "Actual Size" Sticker put on the rear windshiel and I've gotten some good coments Check my gallery for pictures.

Post some pictures if you can!!!!

Last edited by kevinminict; 08-09-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:32 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
MINI Photos

Here are photos of my MINI. Check em out!!! Quite a few deatailed Photos of my Mellow Yellow MCS all in one nice Gallery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1092662...57601335407581

Last edited by kevinminict; 08-09-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
elmalloc
2nd Gear
how'd you decide on black vs white roof

Old 08-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by elmalloc
For me, I liked the sharper contrast between the yellow and the black. I'm not a fan of white cars.

My dad had a 1967 Camaro that was all white. Only one of that style that wasn't cool. I've been scarred ever since.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:08 PM
kevinminict
4th Gear
Same here just though the black&yellow looked alot better then yelloe on white or yellow on yellow plus it was the one in the showroom

Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM
gos1
1st Gear
My feeling was that the white roof and white stripes really made the black interior/glass and black trim around the wheels really pop. I had really not seen the white roof and stripes before i ordered it, so i was somewhat worried how it would come out. When i did finally see it, i was very happy on how great the car looked. Very amazing and it really looks good with the chrome too. As an added benefit, i found that white is also cooler in the sun (I was amazed how cool the interior was on hot sunny days with a whilte roof and windshield sunshade).

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with either. Take a look at my Gallery to see the white roof/stripes combo. Check out Sowellman's Gallery to see the black roof/stripes combo.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Rubino
2nd Gear
First Pic's

We picked her up this week and finalyy had a chance to shoot a couple of sunset shots. Can't wait till the 1,200 mi is over

Still playing with the add-ons. Going for the no-chrome look (except the polished wheel lip)
In progress:
*. CF Stripes
*. CF Side vents and door handles
*. Painted Headlight and tail light trim ring
*. Quad Driving lights when sombody makes a bracket for an R 56
*. A day or two with the manual and settings.

Name:  01800.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  111.8 KB

Name:  22800.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  10800.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  26800.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  127.8 KB

Last edited by Rubino; 08-09-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
elmalloc
2nd Gear
beautiful pics all

Old 08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
karlInSanDiego
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks fantastic. I like it without stripes. Did you paint fuel door or dechrome it some other way?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 PM
gos1
1st Gear
Wow, what a nice machine.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
smaine
1st Gear
SWEEEET! Thanks for posting pics of the interior...I also have the piano black/yellow color line + the sat nav. My car's on order so I actually haven't seen this particular combination yet. You have confirmed my suspicion: it looks HOT.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:02 AM
abe skray
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kevinminict
WOAH, LOL your MCS is the exact same MCS I got 2 weeks ago.

Mines also a MY w/ Black roof, Checkerd cloth seats, Sport PKG, Sport Leather Steering wheel, and rear Fogs! Also the Black bonnet stripes. I also wanted the multifunctionsteeringwheel, but ohh well I'm very happy what with I have.

We got a nice ride man!!! Have fun motoring. I just got my "Actual Size" Sticker put on the rear windshiel and I've gotten some good coments Check my gallery for pictures.

Post some pictures if you can!!!!
That IS funny! I went through this whole process of putting together the exact car I wanted with the online configurator. I must have built 6 or 7 cars before I had exactly what I wanted within my price range. I thought I would have a somewhat original MINI... but then I looked at the online inventory of my nearest dealership and they had something really close to what I would have factory-ordered. I looked some more, and saw that almost every dealership within 100 miles of me had the exact same configuration for the same price!

I guess it's a suggested configuration that a lot of dealers like to keep on the lot. But oh well, the stripes will set her apart and maybe I'll have enough money to afford something really unique when I get my second MINI!

Great pics, I will definitely post mine after I pick her up!

Old 08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Sowellman
6th Gear
I looked some more, and saw that almost every dealership within 100 miles of me had the exact same configuration for the same price!
Can you export some of those extra dealers? I'd be thrilled to have just one dealer closer than 200 miles away.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Rubino
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by karlInSanDiego
Looks fantastic. I like it without stripes. Did you paint fuel door or dechrome it some other way?
The stripes are still in question. Thnking of CF with a black edge band but I might go "nekid" for a while. The fuel door was sanded w/600 and quick sprayed with a can of textured black paint from Lowes. Total time 6 min, total cost $4.99. Still trying to de-chrome the rest of the car but it will take a body shop to coplete the task.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:44 AM
abe skray
1st Gear
Uma

Originally Posted by Sowellman
Can you export some of those extra dealers? I'd be thrilled to have just one dealer closer than 200 miles away.
Wow! That's a long way to go. I guess there are one or two advantages to living in Jersey after all

Also, I think I've settled on a good nickname for my Mellow Yellow/Black MINI. I will call her... Uma!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:53 AM
XOXO888
2nd Gear
yay

Originally Posted by gos1
My feeling was that the white roof and white stripes really made the black interior/glass and black trim around the wheels really pop. I had really not seen the white roof and stripes before i ordered it, so i was somewhat worried how it would come out. When i did finally see it, i was very happy on how great the car looked. Very amazing and it really looks good with the chrome too. As an added benefit, i found that white is also cooler in the sun (I was amazed how cool the interior was on hot sunny days with a whilte roof and windshield sunshade).

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with either. Take a look at my Gallery to see the white roof/stripes combo. Check out Sowellman's Gallery to see the black roof/stripes combo.
I've ordered the same color scheme for a variety of reasons. Uniqueness, practicality and customization: I've seen many many y/b, but not too many y/w, I am not a big fan of heat and can't wait for a cooler car interior (thanks to white roof)--wanting to stand out/be more visible for safety reasons and the artist in me sees the white roof as a big canvas waiting for some custom artwork...
and yes, there is some black on the car anyway...

Old 08-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Rubino
2nd Gear
Wow! That's a long way to go. I guess there are one or two advantages to living in Jersey after all

Also, I think I've settled on a good nickname for my Mellow Yellow/Black MINI. I will call her... Uma!

What is the option code for the Tall, Good Lookin, Multi-Millionare GF with the optional sword? I though I checked every box????

Old 08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
elmalloc
2nd Gear
god her body is tight but not as tight as a minis

Old 08-14-2007, 06:51 PM
IsAMini
6th Gear
Miss Saffron....picked up 4 Aug....we love her!!!

Attached Thumbnails The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-dscf0732.jpg  
Old 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the stripe, looks great!

Old 08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by IsAMini
Miss Saffron....picked up 4 Aug....we love her!!!
Looks sharp. Tell the BRG to get its foot out of the shot next time. Or pair them together, so it doesn't feel left out.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:03 PM
IsAMini
6th Gear
Here they are ...side by side....smiling for the camera.

Attached Thumbnails The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club-dscf0734.jpg  
Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Oh, that one looks good, too. It may make it hard to decide, at times, which one to take. Beautiful pair.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
They're lookin' good, Jana! YAY!

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Mellow Yellow Owners Club