R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Welcome Scarlett "Coop"

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
SEAL6
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Scarlett "Coop"

Well after a high amount of patience from waiting for my new MINI, today was the magic day for me! Jarid over at Rasmussen MINI saw how excited I was today. I barely even worked today, mostly spending it thinking of getting my new ride!

So some of you wondered what the *secret addon* was...
Well I'm sure from the pics you'll know what it is

Without further ado I present to you...

Scarlett "Coop"
Consider her "Coop's" Lil' Sister

I want to thank my MA (Jarid) and Rasmussen MINI for a no hassle, no fuss, no muss dealing and wonderful experience. Even though the wait started to eat at me it was well worth it! Now if the weather will only comply and give me nice sunny and dry days for some motoring fun!

Hope to see some of you Oregonian MINI drivers soon!

Well I'm off to break her in!

Attached Thumbnails Welcome Scarlett "Coop"-862292161_7576742c78.jpg   Welcome Scarlett "Coop"-863151886_23320b3e88.jpg   Welcome Scarlett "Coop"-863151978_99a2679912.jpg  
Old 07-20-2007, 11:26 PM
unixgal
Twisty Road Lover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations . Absolutely beautiful.

If you don't mind me asking, how long from arrival at Port Hueneme to get it in Eugene?

Happy Motoring!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:37 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Originally Posted by SEAL6
Well after a high amount of patience from waiting for my new MINI, today was the magic day for me! Jarid over at Rasmussen MINI saw how excited I was today. I barely even worked today, mostly spending it thinking of getting my new ride!

So some of you wondered what the *secret addon* was...
Well I'm sure from the pics you'll know what it is

Without further ado I present to you...

Scarlett "Coop"
Consider her "Coop's" Lil' Sister

I want to thank my MA (Jarid) and Rasmussen MINI for a no hassle, no fuss, no muss dealing and wonderful experience. Even though the wait started to eat at me it was well worth it! Now if the weather will only comply and give me nice sunny and dry days for some motoring fun!

Hope to see some of you Oregonian MINI drivers soon!

Well I'm off to break her in!
Aye, very nice. But I can't tell what the super secret add on is . She does resemble Coop just a wee bit....sweet

Old 07-20-2007, 11:40 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by unixgal
Congratulations . Absolutely beautiful.

If you don't mind me asking, how long from arrival at Port Hueneme to get it in Eugene?

Happy Motoring!!!
If I remember correctly, SEAL6 had informed me it took 9-10 days from the time it arrived at the VDC until it arrived at Rasmussen in Portland (He's been one of my sources for trying to figure out the timing for mine ). But he's been waiting a bit for his super secret add on. That would have driven me nuts, but she looks like she was well worth the wait!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:40 PM
radiospace
2nd Gear
Shazaam!

Old 07-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats. I've only seen one other MINI on the road with the lighting. It does catch the eye. I like it.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:51 AM
SEAL6
4th Gear
Thanks everyone :D
My MA was just awe struck after they got the bolts installed on her. And I can see why!

Well I've got a lot of driving to do to get her broken in. I'm also slowly putting some of the extra goodies I got on her.

1. Alta Performance Shorty Antenna: http://www.altaminiperformance.com/p...horty-Antennas

2. Alta Performance Panel Filter:
http://www.altaminiperformance.com/p...6-Panel-Filter

3. Craven Speed Grill Badge Holder:
http://www.cravenspeed.com/index.php?productID=68

4. Whalen Shift ****:
http://www.whalenshiftmachine.com/

More pics to come soon. And obvioulsy my review! For now...my intial drives with her have been fantastic! She wants to just get up and run and hug corners all day! I had to taper off a bit and remembered to keep the revs below 4500. But so far so good! I'm still in shock from it all

Old 07-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Congratulations. Scarlett Coop looks great, although I was expecting Chili Red with that name. Hope they included the Coop voice with the lightning bolts.

And welcome to the Oregon owners group. We need to convince some of you Eugene drivers to come down in September for a day trip drive to Crater Lake and back to Roseburg.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:41 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by Sowellman
Congratulations. Scarlett Coop looks great, although I was expecting Chili Red with that name. Hope they included the Coop voice with the lightning bolts.

And welcome to the Oregon owners group. We need to convince some of you Eugene drivers to come down in September for a day trip drive to Crater Lake and back to Roseburg.
I'm interested.... provided it isn't a Sunday (Pro football and all of that stuff ). What day in September?

Old 07-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
I'm interested.... provided it isn't a Sunday (Pro football and all of that stuff ). What day in September?
They haven't quite narrowed it down yet, but they're looking at either Sept. 8 or 15.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:07 PM
SEAL6
4th Gear

Thanks Sowellman
Yeah it was pretty funny I came up with Scarlett as her name considering she isn't a red colored car. But I got the name from a favorite and highly attractive actress and thought it was fitting. I really wished I could've gotten a Coop voice box for her too...that would've been rad!

Well today I'm just trying to figure out how to get the damn shift **** off...Whalen gave me some ideas but not sure if I even have the strength to pull it off. Also kinda worried I might break something if I did. :impatient

Since the Crater Lake run is in Sept I think I can pull that off. I'm all for touring with my new car. From the sounds of it I take it a lot of other Eugene folk don't attend these events? I've seen a lot of MINIs in town and suprised there isn't a club locally.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:12 PM
SimpsonGI
Hmm...I've seen a post around here somewhere about removing it. I'll look around to see if i can find it again.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:13 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Congrats on Scarlett...but what caught my eye...was that a nightfire red car beside yours? Sorry...I'm prone to seeing it where I may...it's still pretty rare!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:18 PM
SimpsonGI
This thread might be of some help but it is more about the cover than the ****. And this one is probably even more of what you are looking for.

EDIT: Here is a third thread that may be of interest.

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 07-21-2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Added in third link
Old 07-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Since the Crater Lake run is in Sept I think I can pull that off. I'm all for touring with my new car. From the sounds of it I take it a lot of other Eugene folk don't attend these events? I've seen a lot of MINIs in town and suprised there isn't a club locally.
I'm down in Roseburg, so I'm not sure if anyone in Eugene has tried to organized any local trips. There isn't a formal club here, but a group of Mini owners have planned several daytrips over the past year or so.

A few weeks before each run, someone makes up a flyer and sends them out by email. Then, if driving around we see another Mini parked somewhere, we'll stop and put one of the flyers on the windshield and hope they'll come along.

Three weeks ago, I went along for the first time since I picked up my car in April. We had a group of seven cars go to Winchester Bay and back to Roseburg.

Maybe if you and SimpsonGI are able to come along on this trip, it will be a start of a Eugene group and then we can come up there for a drive up the McKenzie or out to Coburg or Cheshire.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:40 PM
SEAL6
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dennisd63
Congrats on Scarlett...but what caught my eye...was that a nightfire red car beside yours? Sorry...I'm prone to seeing it where I may...it's still pretty rare!
Hahah It's all good Dennisd63. The Nightfire Red was waiting for his/her new owner. They had driving lights on it, checkerboard side mirrors and roof. My mom really liked that one a lot too....I think she liked all of the MINIs we saw on Rasmussen's lot.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well today I'm just trying to figure out how to get the damn shift **** off...Whalen gave me some ideas but not sure if I even have the strength to pull it off. Also kinda worried I might break something if I did. :impatient
Don't worry about breaking anything on the **** or shaft. Pull as hard as you can. The biggest hazard is hitting yourself in the face with the **** when it comes off.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:42 PM
SEAL6
4th Gear
I'm down in Roseburg, so I'm not sure if anyone in Eugene has tried to organized any local trips. There isn't a formal club here, but a group of Mini owners have planned several daytrips over the past year or so.

A few weeks before each run, someone makes up a flyer and sends them out by email. Then, if driving around we see another Mini parked somewhere, we'll stop and put one of the flyers on the windshield and hope they'll come along.
April. We had a group of seven cars go to Winchester Bay and back to Roseburg.

Maybe if you and SimpsonGI are able to come along on this trip, it will be a start of a Eugene group and then we can come up there for a drive up the McKenzie or out to Coburg or Cheshire.
Good idea Sowellman! I'm sure we can come up with something

Old 07-21-2007, 02:43 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Congrats! Happy Motoring!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dennisd63
Congrats on Scarlett...but what caught my eye...was that a nightfire red car beside yours?
I'm not sure that was a nightfire. Look again at the photo and it appears that car has a gas cap showing, suggesting it's a CR MCS.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:01 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
I'm not sure that was a nightfire. Look again at the photo and it appears that car has a gas cap showing, suggesting it's a CR MCS.
We all should be oohing and aaahing Scarlet..as it's her hour! But, my NFR had a cap on it too...I had the retro chrome cap put on as an option, even tho it's an MC...I still have the old cap sitting in the basement. It's hard to tell exactly what color it is in that light...but you're probably right...it's prob a CR S

So...in honor of this thread....Scarlett Coop rocks...I love it, but would love to see pics of her interior too. (man, this talk is gettin dirty!)

Last edited by dennisd63; 07-21-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:28 PM
SEAL6
4th Gear
Hahahah Nice one Dennisd63!
Yes I will work pics of her interior today.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Aonach
3rd Gear
Anyone have any experience with the Alta filter (or any other one for that matter)? Was eyeing that as an add-on as well. I searched some forums but it doesnt look like the R56 performance mods have been out very long for many to give feedback.

Thanks.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:39 PM
jaridp
4th Gear
Hahah It's all good Dennisd63. The Nightfire Red was waiting for his/her new owner. They had driving lights on it, checkerboard side mirrors and roof. My mom really liked that one a lot too....I think she liked all of the MINIs we saw on Rasmussen's lot.
Its like walking around in a big kid's candy store!! Congrats on the MINI! A TRUE Motorer matches his baby on the delivery day!

Old 07-22-2007, 02:15 AM
SEAL6
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Aonach
Anyone have any experience with the Alta filter (or any other one for that matter)? Was eyeing that as an add-on as well. I searched some forums but it doesnt look like the R56 performance mods have been out very long for many to give feedback.

Thanks.
Yeah mods for the R56 are still few but gaining
I'm sure there will be tons soon. I'll be sure to give you thoughts on the panel filter. I figured for the amount its worth it. I won't expect any huge increase but better than a paper filter thats blocking airflow.

Quick Reply: R56 Welcome Scarlett "Coop"