R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Drove for first time!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:32 PM
BRONTOBUFFY
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove for first time!!

So after two weeks of going down to the dealership and drooling on minis, i finally got the courage to test drive one (with some helpful threats from my bf haha). I drove a non-s auto because thats what I am thinking of purchasing and it was great!!! I thought maybe i'd end my mini obsession, that maybe i'd drive one and wouldn't like it and then i could be over this longing for one, but no!! now I must have one even more!! :impatient

Old 08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Welcome to the cult.

*passes more Kool-Aid*

Old 08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the Madness that is MINI.

Sounds like you are a fully qualified POOM.*

*Person Obsessed Over MINIs

Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
amazingrando
Auto on Sport Button guy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BRONTOBUFFY
So after two weeks of going down to the dealership and drooling on minis, i finally got the courage to test drive one (with some helpful threats from my bf haha). I drove a non-s auto because thats what I am thinking of purchasing and it was great!!! I thought maybe i'd end my mini obsession, that maybe i'd drive one and wouldn't like it and then i could be over this longing for one, but no!! now I must have one even more!! :impatient
I can relate!

Old 08-03-2007, 01:46 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Welcome! Here, have a glass of this Kool-Aid! It's our special blend....

Old 08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
old81
M6
Now is the time

So Brontobuffy, when are you placing the order?

I know in that other thread about MC versus MCS your question was lost in the churn. From your drive, it appears a MC is in your future.

Go for it and enjoy the fun.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM
elmalloc
2nd Gear
Man mini drivers are weird. To look at cars in a lot fo r2 weeks without even test driving..lol. I'm not being mean here ebcause I'm a prospective mini driver myself...but I wonder how difficult is to find a "normal" human driving a MC/MCS.

I bet there are MC drivers out there that don't understand the great car they're driving...

Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Man mini drivers are weird. To look at cars in a lot fo r2 weeks without even test driving..lol. I'm not being mean here ebcause I'm a prospective mini driver myself...but I wonder how difficult is to find a "normal" human driving a MC/MCS.

I bet there are MC drivers out there that don't understand the great car they're driving...
Upon careful scrutiny, I think you will find it almost impossible to find a normal human, anywhere.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:26 PM
amazingrando
Auto on Sport Button guy
Hey I'm normal...or maybe Abby-normal...dependend on who you ask! There is no such thing as a normal person, because it all comes down to how you define normal.

Last edited by amazingrando; 08-03-2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: I'm not normal
Old 08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah Ha - we've snagged another one - Welcome Aboard...

Donna

Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Awesome! After my 05 S and I parted ways, I resisted test driving the R56 for four months because I KNEW that I would want one. It was darned hard to resist, as I drive by NW MINI constantly.

Unexpected blessings came my way, and off I went for the test drive. The first test drive of the MCa and I knew it was for me. I knew it was OB for me from the very moment I knew it was an MC option. The question was auto or stick. I haven't looked back on my decision...it was right for ME, and that is who you need to please if it's going to be your car.

In heaven, as you shall also be

Keep us posted, and good for you for "allowing" the chatter that arose from your other post. It's just a big hen house in here I've found out. Very fun.

Happy trails.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Mini_Voyager
Motorholic
Originally Posted by Blue Skies 05
Awesome! After my 05 S and I parted ways, I resisted test driving the R56 for four months because I KNEW that I would want one. It was darned hard to resist, as I drive by NW MINI constantly.
Ain't that the truth? I took a close look at MINI (sitting inside one...) back in Feb, but haven't test driven one YET....because I didn't want to run the risk of placing an order right after a test drive....so am still holding out, but weakening....

Old 08-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini_Voyager
Ain't that the truth? I took a close look at MINI (sitting inside one...) back in Feb, but haven't test driven one YET....because I didn't want to run the risk of placing an order right after a test drive....so am still holding out, but weakening....
Seeing as you are in 2nd gear already........TOAST Just be sure to let us know when the resolve has melted away. BRG is sure fine looking. And, the R56s are exquisite.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Tamson
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by elmalloc

I think you might be hard pressed to find a MINI driver who doesn't understand what a great car he/she is driving....

Old 08-03-2007, 09:12 PM
elmalloc
2nd Gear
Maybe in NAM, but not in general. Lots of people think minis are "cute", adn I'm sure there are peopl eout there who own it just because the think it's "cute" and that's it.

I don't know what that means, maybe you do. They don't drive it very hard.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:47 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buffy....glad you went on a test drive! I think you definitely have the qualities it takes to be a first-rate MINI-ac! I will say that it only gets worse once you actually have the car and you begin to interact w/ it daily on the road. MINIs respond so well to the driver, it's something one appreciate even more fully w/ time. In any case, you won't be disappointed, especially given the range of modes available on the MCa....getting good at that would take some time/practise but would be a blast!!

Old 08-04-2007, 03:40 AM
glangford
6th Gear
Congrats on the obsession. I think I'll go wipe down my wheels and get ready for my saturday mini errands...

Old 08-04-2007, 03:42 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Welcome to the enthusiastic family of Mini owner wannabe's! Soon you will be making the slow, but steady, transference from standing in the shadows to full-in light!

During the period of time when you make the decision on which Mini you want and how it will be equipped to the day you actually drive your Mini off the dealers lot will be one of incredible mood swings.

The wait itself is a unique journey and part and parcel with the entire Mini experience. Look around and you will see what appear to be fairly normal people, like myself, driven to the edge ot nutdom(tm) by this incredible automobile.

Here on NAM, you will find a happy place to stuff your nervous energy. To rant a little. To rave a lot. To become all you can be. And to whine incessantly about your baby taking forever to arrive.

Just sit back and soak it in. Or drink it up. Or slam it down with a beer chaser. Anyway you decide to ride it out, is irrelevant. Just make it your way. How many cliche's can I stuff in this? Hehe, well,..that's too many.

Welcome to the Mini family.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Silverbullit
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM!! Your about to enter a car world that is more fun than you could have with your clothes on. Now get back to the Dealer and get one ordered or maybe find one on the lot that needs a good home, you won't regret it.!!

Old 08-04-2007, 06:43 AM
abbydog3
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
Ah Ha - we've snagged another one - Welcome Aboard...

Donna
okay, who is getting the toaster oven for this convert?

Well, don't feel bad, two years ago I went to the dealer to test drive one and get it out of my system...I love my Mini, two year running!

Old 08-05-2007, 11:45 AM
srfrman7
3rd Gear
congrats on your decision

Old 08-05-2007, 02:56 PM
amazingrando
Auto on Sport Button guy
Originally Posted by Skuzzy
Welcome to the enthusiastic family of Mini owner wannabe's! Soon you will be making the slow, but steady, transference from standing in the shadows to full-in light!

During the period of time when you make the decision on which Mini you want and how it will be equipped to the day you actually drive your Mini off the dealers lot will be one of incredible mood swings.

The wait itself is a unique journey and part and parcel with the entire Mini experience. Look around and you will see what appear to be fairly normal people, like myself, driven to the edge ot nutdom(tm) by this incredible automobile.

Here on NAM, you will find a happy place to stuff your nervous energy. To rant a little. To rave a lot. To become all you can be. And to whine incessantly about your baby taking forever to arrive.

Just sit back and soak it in. Or drink it up. Or slam it down with a beer chaser. Anyway you decide to ride it out, is irrelevant. Just make it your way. How many cliche's can I stuff in this? Hehe, well,..that's too many.

Welcome to the Mini family.
It's quite scary how well you understand my plight...sigh. soon I will have my car and my car will have me.