R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Color advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:10 PM
lawandorder360
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color advice

Hey guys,

I was thinking of a possible color combination for a new Cooper S that my father might be purchasing (If i don't get him into a 135i.) He wants a Dark Silver exterior with either a Lounge Red or Chocolate interior. Two questions:

Will the chocolate interior from the clubman be available on the cooper s in 2008?

Does anyone have any comments on a Dark Silver with black roof, but adding the silver sport stripes on the entire car? I think it would look striking with the silver color of the wheels and various exterior trim pieces.

Thanks!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Dubaian
4th Gear
check out mine.. i love the combo i have but i would like to change my mirrors caps to white and instead of those stripes.. white viper stripes

Old 08-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lawandorder360
Hey guys,

I was thinking of a possible color combination for a new Cooper S that my father might be purchasing (If i don't get him into a 135i.) He wants a Dark Silver exterior with either a Lounge Red or Chocolate interior. Two questions:

Will the chocolate interior from the clubman be available on the cooper s in 2008?
I don't know, and don't know who would. Often, options are specific to a model. There are some colors on the MC that you cannot get on the MCS. So, I would guess that the chances are not good.

Personally, I like the red leather.
Does anyone have any comments on a Dark Silver with black roof, but adding the silver sport stripes on the entire car? I think it would look striking with the silver color of the wheels and various exterior trim pieces.

Thanks!
I think that would look excellent. I believe you would have to get the silver stripes from Aesthetic Creations, or Cooper Flags.

I have a Pure Silver MCS and was thinking of a Dark Silver racing stripe, but ended up with black, due to some problems with the vendor (not one of the ones mentioned above, and a long story).

So, I think a metalic silver stripe on dark silver would look great. It would also go well on the black roof.

Black roofs look great, but they are solar collectors. I went with a Pure Silver top for practicality.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Arnbut
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DS & white roof.
It's easier to heat it in the winter than cool it in the summer....
Besides, the contrast looks good.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
r56mini
6th Gear
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:07 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dubaian
check out mine.. i love the combo i have but i would like to change my mirrors caps to white and instead of those stripes.. white viper stripes

Everytime I see a DS/W, it makes me regret my CR/W just a teensy weensy bit.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:18 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Hey guys,

Thanks!
DS with red leather is a stunning combo.
I know I've said that 50 times in different places and sound like a broken record!
Maybe for my next MINI, but for now I'm enjoying the deep red on the exterior