R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Bluetooth Jam

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:25 PM
ucbrother
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Jam

I had a weird experience the other day. We had just finished up our Fantasy Football draft, and some of the guys that arrived after I did wanted to see my new Mini. I got in as I prepared to leave and one of them sat in my car next to me. All of a sudden, my radio went into phone mode and would not come out of it no matter what button I pressed. My other buddy that rode with me and I left soon afterward, and the radio did not function properly for about another 5 minutes, at which it became "unfrozen".

I'm wondering if the guy's cell phone somehow locked up my bluetooth? This is the first time something like this has ever happened. Anybody else share a similar experience? Sorry if this has been covered in another thread.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ucbrother
I'm wondering if the guy's cell phone somehow locked up my bluetooth? This is the first time something like this has ever happened. Anybody else share a similar experience? Sorry if this has been covered in another thread.
I haven't heard of that, but I had my navigation system freeze up one day while I was driving. I was on the freeway and stopped at a rest area about 20 minutes after it happened. I tried turning the ignition off and back on, but that didn't cure it.

I went to the bathroom and waited about five minutes and started it up again and it functioned normally. Don't know if that's related to what happened to you, only a different item, or they're totally unrelated.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Were there two active Bluetooth phones in the car at one time, or just the one? I wonder if tried to upload your friend's phone book?

Old 09-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
Were there two active Bluetooth phones in the car at one time, or just the one? I wonder if tried to upload your friend's phone book?
But it shouldn't, not unless the other phone was paired with the car's bluetooth system. Just like my phone doesn't mess up with your bluetooth headset, someone else's phone shouldn't be able to pair with the car.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
ucbrother
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
Mine was on. I didn't ask him if his bluetooth was active, but I wondered the same. You have to have the Mini search to pair up with another device as far as I know. It was just weird.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
ucbrother
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Sowellman
But it shouldn't, not unless the other phone was paired with the car's bluetooth system. Just like my phone doesn't mess up with your bluetooth headset, someone else's phone shouldn't be able to pair with the car.
Agreed.