R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 MINI Configurator Now Showing 2008 Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM
dlroto
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's totally malarchy

Old 09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
DChap
5th Gear
yeah the car i configured the other day cost high 27K, now same car and configuration costs low 30K. Calling my MA tomorrow to find out what to do.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:49 PM
TheZackIsBack89
Neutral
I was planning on ordering a MCS this November, but the price increase... I'm not too kicky about. I configured the same MCS I did about a week ago and it was close to $1,000 over.

If I'm going to be spending almost $30,000 on a car, I think I'll just wait til next spring when the BMW 1 Series comes out.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Nimcosi
4th Gear
Are you guys speccing a convertible or a coupe? When I look the configurator I do not see the price increase.

*EDIT* Nevermind it looks like was an error.

Last edited by Nimcosi; 09-14-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Beebe
3rd Gear
Hmm. $750 higher on mine. +50 for the rain-sensor thingy and why can't I find white indicators on the configurator???? they were here a minute ago. I guess that's not sooo bad, but I would absolutely expect a functional USB port for that.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:48 PM
japtor
2nd Gear
are the rooster red and pacific blue seating options different? the pictures are all the same, but the description seems new:
the seat and headrest are Pacific Blue cloth with side supports in contrasting Carbon Black leather
it used to be black cloth and colored leather side supports wasnt it? it was something I was debating keeping on before because I didnt like the look of the pinstripes in the cloth (...well that and the mini was getting expensive). if they really did change the seats, I might have to look into them again.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:07 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
I'm 100% sure that the price changes won't effect any current orders. Generally, MINI will set a date for the price increases to go into affect and your MA would tell you about it when it is time (i.e. you would know before you actually placed your order). This could well be at the time the 08's start production. Thus, if you've already placed your order and are waiting for your MINI, I'm more than sure you will be fine (as long as your production slot falls before the price increases are set in stone by MINI USA).

This same thing happened with the 05 cars if I recall correctly. One thing that makes things a bit different this time around is that MINI is waiting longer to release the 08 models (which probably is due to the introduction of the Clubman). Otherwise, the 08's probably would have shown up starting with the August or September builds (instead of December).

Just my $0.02...

Old 09-13-2007, 09:36 PM
r56mini
6th Gear
Could it be a MINI tactic to bring in more orders for this weekend?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Chuck W.
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OR, they can say, "No price increase over 2007 models" when they release the 2008s.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:56 AM
unxpectederror
3rd Gear
man this sucks i just went to the dealership today and sat down with my MA and went over the option list and speced out a car im gonna order next week when i bring the downpayment :(
i just went on the mini's site and my build went up 500 bucks from what i priced out today.. how lame

Old 09-14-2007, 01:39 AM
ghosthound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by unxpectederror
man this sucks i just went to the dealership today and sat down with my MA and went over the option list and speced out a car im gonna order next week when i bring the downpayment :(
i just went on the mini's site and my build went up 500 bucks from what i priced out today.. how lame
If you went to the dealership TODAY and speced out the MINI with the lower price, then i think what some have been saying is right... the prices only reflect 2008 models. When it comes down to it, the dealer price is the one to go by, not the one on the website. The prices changed today as far as i know and if the dealer is still pricing MINIs for the 2007 prices then all is well. or at least i hope. im going to go in on sunday myself.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:28 AM
unxpectederror
3rd Gear
well i went technicly yesterday 9-13 at 12pm, and before i left my house the site showed the correct prices as did it when i went there. all he did was use the online site to spec it and printed me out a sheet of my order and then looked around for one localy but there wasnt one close enough to spec. i come back home and check the mini site at around 10pm and bam prices changed... when i go early next week to give my deposit im gonna have a serious talk with my MA. if im goning to be paying the extra $$$ over what i was quoted yesterday then i better get an 08 grrr. ether that or they best give me more money for my trade in to compensate for the price change.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:15 AM
CHI-TOWN TOM
1st Gear
I just configured my car (which I ordered last weekend!) and the total is $750 more. When I went to view the basic build sheet, it stated 2007 Mini Cooper S across the top still and reflected the previous pricing. I built it from scratch, so it was not a saved configuration. I even went back and altered a few options and the sheet still reflected old pricing. I'd bet that the new pricing is in preperation for the 2008. If you are on the fence, you may want to pull the trigger! Glad I did!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 AM
DChap
5th Gear
im calling my MA is about an hour to ask her what the deal is, any one have any questions that they want me to ask?

Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 AM
unxpectederror
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DChap
im calling my MA is about an hour to ask her what the deal is, any one have any questions that they want me to ask?
just make sure to ask if these are the 08 prices and if you order one under these prices if it will be considered an 08.

idk just ask as many questions as you can think of and report back asap

EDIT: btw thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 08:12 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Well guys, according to MotoringFile.com, the price increases shown on the MINI Configurator are a mistake for the hardtops. See here:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2007/09/...-2008-pricing/

Apparently, when the convertible pricing was updated, the hardtops got wrongly updated as well. However, I'd imagine that there will still be similar prices increases across the board for the 08 hardtop models once MINI USA gets around to posting them.

I guess we can consider this a preview of what's to come. I say that if you're considering a MINI, you should think about grabbing one now to avoid the inevitable increases in the 08 models.

Last edited by TheOfficeMaven; 09-14-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Another case of a software issue and forums run wild with assumptions and speculations.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Glee
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by japtor
are the rooster red and pacific blue seating options different? the pictures are all the same, but the description seems new:

it used to be black cloth and colored leather side supports wasnt it? it was something I was debating keeping on before because I didnt like the look of the pinstripes in the cloth (...well that and the mini was getting expensive). if they really did change the seats, I might have to look into them again.
The description you quoted is how it read in June. I had a chat with my MA over this - and essentially the description is wrong. I was told they are as pictured, the black is cloth and color is leather. I haven't taken delivery yet - but that is what I'm expecting.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tharkun
Another case of a software issue and forums run wild with assumptions and speculations.
I'm sure that the price increases will come (as they always do) and so I really wouldn't call it "assumptions and speculations". Heck, today's MINI's are almost $1,500 more than they were when I bought my first 05 MCS (that's $500 per year for the three years it's been since then and the web site indeed showed another $500 base price increase which is right on par). Thus, I'd say that the price increases are guaranteed to be there (especially since the convertibles are getting them with 100% certainty). The only "speculation" (or "assumption") I see here is if the 07 will be getting the price increases or not (and that I seriously doubt - and have always doubted since I made the original post).

Last edited by TheOfficeMaven; 09-14-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:50 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Do you mean your personal post or the entire topic? If you are talking about the entire topic, then I say no way as it's still very useful as a preview of what might come (as well as being very interesting for those currently considering purchasing a new MINI and trying to decide on an 07 or an 08).

EDIT: Maybe the topic title can simply be changed/updated to read something like "MINI Configurator Pricing Mistakenly Updaded For Hartops". Deleting the entire topic would be a shame (not to mention a bit "big brother" IMHO).

Last edited by TheOfficeMaven; 09-14-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 AM
DChap
5th Gear
I just got off the phone with my MA, she said she didn't have any official information about the price adjustment and she is going to look into it for me. She mentioned that it could be something to do with the 08's because the MINI does get more expensive every year. I am sending her specs soon with the MINI I would like and she is going to try and find a car that I could get sooner rather than later.

I'll get back to you with any information she sends my way.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Bhatch
4th Gear
READ THIS

http://www.motoringfile.com/2007/09/...-2008-pricing/

'
Update: Forget all about the price changes to the configurator. All that discussion about what went up and what didn’t… all of it…
We just got off the phone with MINI USA and it would seem that there was an error with the site when they went to update the 2008 convertible pricing. Instead of just the convertible, all coupe pricing was also changed my mistake dure to some back-end rules failing during the update.
MINI USA has thus pulled the configurator offline for the day while it goes through and verifies the correct pricing is on every single option.
All those waiting for 2008 MINI coupe pricing will have to wait a bit longer." - Motoringfile.com

Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
unxpectederror
3rd Gear
well the configurator is still up so.... idk

Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@Bhatch,

This was already mentioned 6 posts above yours.

@unxpectederror,

Agreed. If MINI USA admited it was a mistake and claimed to have taken down the Configurator in order to fix it, then why the heck is it back up showing the exact same price increases??? Weird.

Personally, I'd say that the pricing will indeed be very close (if not exactly the same) as the configurator currently shows once things are sorted out by MINI USA. They're indeed on par with what we've seen in the past as far as price increases go. Also, why would they up the prices for the convertibles (and all the same options/packages) and then leave them the same for the hardtops? That just wouldn't make any sense IMHO.

Last edited by TheOfficeMaven; 09-14-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven

Agreed. If MINI USA admited it was a mistake and claimed to have taken down the Configurator in order to fix it, then why the heck is it back up showing the exact same price increases??? Weird.
it would seem that the back end filters failed again.

Quick Reply: R56 MINI Configurator Now Showing 2008 Pricing!