R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Has anyone seen this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
sirr6
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone seen this?

Look at this guys speedometer it, the colors fades in and out of different colors, is that something we can do? Or am I seeing things?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQiZKlIeC...back%20Exhaust

Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it's either a rotating filter on the camera, or some kind of video effect he's added in post-production.

If you look at the lights *outside* the car (like the streetlamps in the first part of the video), you'll see that they're always the same colour as the dashboard lights *inside* the car.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That would drive me nuts if it really changed colors like that!

Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 AM
andyde
5th Gear
I do have to agree that it looks to me a bit too distracting. I tell what it would be cool, to change the color along with the moodlights. In other words, you set it and that's it, I don't like the ongoing color wheel...

Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by andyde
I do have to agree that it looks to me a bit too distracting. I tell what it would be cool, to change the color along with the moodlights. In other words, you set it and that's it, I don't like the ongoing color wheel...
+1 That would be very cool. Considering there are other cars with changing dash lights, it wouldn't be too dificult for MINI to implement. Pity that we won't see it anytime soon.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Urk, that brings back memories...hubby used to have a stereo display that cycled through all the colors of the rainbow in his pickup, and it was ok in the daytime but it was completly OBNOXIOUS at night. Some of the colors were brighter than others and would blind you when they cycled through. And the thing wasn't controled by the little dash-light dimmer, so you couldn't tone the thing down. I HATED the thing, kept post-it notes in the truck so that if I had to drive it at night I could plaster them all over it so I could concentrate on driving. It didn't bother him though. I can only imagine if the whole speedo and tach cycled through colors like that, oh my! But if you could set one color and it stay there, I guess that would be ok. It might make it hard to see some of the warning lights or the gas gauge, however, depending on what color you had it set on, maybe?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
sirr6
4th Gear
Ok, so im wasnt going illusional, i just liek the blue color, i dont want it to keep changing.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Clam Cake
1st Gear
If you look at the street lights as hes passing by them. They change color too. Which leads me to believe its a changing color filter on the camera