R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Baby/Toddler Strollers

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
RobSpook
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 Baby/Toddler Strollers

Good morning folks, I did a LOT of searching on here and couldn't find anything current... So I'm starting another thread about BABY STROLLERS than can fit in our MINIs...

Right now I am using a standard cheap-o umbrella stroller... and to make it fit in the boot I have to leave one of the back seats locked in the 90 degree position with my 4-yr old sitting straight old. He says he's comfortable, but theres no way he could ever nap like that.

I found two potential MINI strollers and would like to ask if anyone here has either of them and their opinions on the stroller itself and how it fits in the car.

Quicksmart Easyfold

Mia Moda Cielo Ultra-Compact

Both seem very small, and both have decent ratings, but the boot is so small that I can't order one online without verifying it will fit first.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

Old 10-20-2007, 01:27 PM
r56mini
6th Gear
I don't have any experience with either of them. But the Quicksmart Easyfold one seems skinnier than the other one when folded down. It seems you will have to put the stroller's large wheels to the bottom and the handle bar thingy toward the roof and it looks like it will fit OK. Return it if it doesn't fit but I am 97% sure it will fit in the back without the hatch cover thingy that comes with the car. I don't carry mine around.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 AM
RobSpook
1st Gear
Actually, found another to add to the list, and I think we're going to purchase this one:

Quinny Zapp

It's more expensive, but the fold is awesome, and it's available everywhere here in Germany... I guess not too many folks are travelling with little ones. With two kids, you can't sacrifice half the seat for a big stroller. If anyone else comes in the market for the same type of product, hopefully this post can help.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:26 AM
RobSpook
1st Gear
Just an update in case any parents come into the market for a MINIable stroller. I purchased the Quinny Zapp a few days ago and would like to inform the community of it.

I'll tell the negatives first to get them out of the way...

1. The stroller itself is only for babies 6 months and up.
2. The seat doesn't recline.
3. There's no storage.
4. It's expensive.

Now the positives...

1. The stroller comes with adapters to install a maxi-cosi infant seat, which is the number one rated European infant seat (rear and forward facing), which actually makes the stroller good from birth I believe.

2. The seat is so comfortable for my 11 month old that he has no problem sleeping in it, even without reclining, and his head doesn't flop down or too far to either side.

3. Storage is available as an accessory, and it's of very high quality... check out the "BuggyBaskets LTD" store on eBay.

4. Folding and unfolding is extremely easy, although it takes two hands.

5. When folded and zippered in the included storage bag, it is very small! It fits in the boot of my MINI perfectly. When pushed against the back seat, theres about 3 inches between the stroller and the hatch door. There's maybe 24 inches on the left or right, depending which side you put it on. It's only about 10 inches high placed like this. The cargo cover can stay in place.

6. The cobalt blue color looks really nice next to/in my Lightning Blue and Black MCS.

7. The stroller is very high quality... All three wheels have very high quality bearings, shocked me actually! It moves and turns very easily (even one handed!), and locks very easily. Step on the right wheel cover to lock both back wheels, step on the left wheel cover to unlock both. Very much worth the premium price paid.

So there you have it... My first contribution to the NAM community. If this helps even one person then I'm glad I spent the time to type it. Good luck and happy motoring with your little one(s)!

PS--I'll add pictures after I wash the car

Last edited by RobSpook; 10-24-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 AM
PDM-DC
2nd Gear
Love the Zapp, but the 6 mo + limit was a dealbreaker for me--I needed an umbrella stroller at 3 mo, so we went with the Maclaren Quest.

The good news is that the Quest also fits in the R56. There's a very definite science to it--you put the wheels in the little cutout on the left side of the trunk, and the handles just fit against the top of the trunk on the other side. The cargo cover can stay in place, and the seats can stay in their "normal" position. There's not much space for anything else, though there is some room underneath the stroller.

EDIT: BTW, the Zapp can be hard to find in the US, though it looks like they have finally come out with a US-specific model. This website has them: http://tiptoeturtle.com/Quinny-Zapp.pro

And here is the Maclaren Quest: http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/index...101&Itemid=493

Last edited by PDM-DC; 11-12-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Need
4th Gear
I have the Maclaren Triumph. It is a great stroller and light. I have not try to fit it into the boot though, since baby is always in the SUV. I think the Triumph is smaller than the Quest so if Quest fit, the Triumph and Volo should too.

The Zapp looks very intersting. I don't think I have ever seen it before.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM
quinnyk
Neutral
As a mom with a MINI, I've also done alot of research on strollers and car seats... and found the following works GREAT!
1. For under 6 months, I used the Graco Snap N Go frame that the car seat fits down into, no worries - it fits in the boot without the shelf. At that age, the baby falls asleep alot and it's easier to go from car to stroller to house without waking the baby up. We got this as a shower gift, as it is fairly inexpensive.

2. The BEST STROLLER hands down is the City Mini by Baby Jogger. It reclines, is so easy to fold and use, and it also will fit in the boot without removing the tires if you take the shelf out in the trunk (or you can pop the tires off easily for more room). I am in love with this stroller. It has the best sun canopy and reclines almost flat, so baby can nap. Easy to use, doesn't weight a ton. You can check it out on the Baby Jogger website. It's around $230 but has alot more than either a cheapo umbrella stroller or the Quinny Zapp.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Mabbottusmc
2nd Gear
I bought one made by McLaren. It cost about $150 but it fits in the back of my clubman with ease. It's a high end umbrella stroller. It works great.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM
ashboomstick
5th Gear
Originally Posted by quinnyk
2. The BEST STROLLER hands down is the City Mini by Baby Jogger. It reclines, is so easy to fold and use, and it also will fit in the boot without removing the tires if you take the shelf out in the trunk (or you can pop the tires off easily for more room). I am in love with this stroller. It has the best sun canopy and reclines almost flat, so baby can nap. Easy to use, doesn't weight a ton. You can check it out on the Baby Jogger website. It's around $230 but has alot more than either a cheapo umbrella stroller or the Quinny Zapp.
^This, this, a hundred times this! I absolutely love ours, especially the fact that you can fold it with one hand while carrying a child.