R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Ordering Advice for '08 MCS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:19 PM
lukeinjax
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering Advice for '08 MCS

Ok, I think I've finally gotten to the point where I'm almost ready to place my order for an '08 MCS (I think I've been through the configurator at least 20 times now!). Everyone has been so helpful so far with any questions I've asked and I wanted to run my configuration by you guys to see if there is anything that you would add/remove.

So, here it is:

Dark Silver Body Color
Black Roof/Mirrors
White Turn Signals

Comfort Access System
Leather Sport Wheel w/Multifunction
Comfort Bluetooth phone prep with USB
Universal Garage Door Opener
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Rain Sensor and Auto Headlamps
Center Arm Rest

10-Speaker. Hi-Fi Sound System
Automatic AC
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof

Dynamic Stability Control
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
Rear Fog Lamp
Limited Slip Differential
6-Speed Getrag Manual
16" Bridge-Spoke (Performance)
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Headliner
Leatherette: Black/Grey
Alarm System
Interior Surface Fluid Silver

Old 12-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Modnar
6th Gear
Personally I can't see the need for the Comfort Access system (or pretty much anything else in the Convenience Package), but if you want it, go for it.

There's nothing else that really stands out, you've got a really good option list right there sir.

Now I'd send that out to the various Florida dealers and see who can get you the best deal. It's just about orderin' time!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:45 AM
flaco
4th Gear
Living in Florida, you will find the leatherette seats very uncomfortable in the summer. I have them and am going to get covers this year. I would seriously consider leather or cloth. They are worth the money.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:57 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I have heard that the rain sensing wipers can be a pain especially when you go to replace your windshield it increases the cost for that replacement.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:44 PM
lukeinjax
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Modnar
Now I'd send that out to the various Florida dealers and see who can get you the best deal. It's just about orderin' time!
That's been a problem so far. I've sent that same (or very similar) configuration to several dealers in FL and they are not willing to do any more than waive their dealer fee (between $389 and $500). In fact, one of them in South FL (I'll refrain from mentioning the dealership's name) acted like I was wasting their time even suggesting that they could do any more than that. Needless to say, I'm not even considering them any more.

Then on the other hand, there's MINI of the Hamptons who offered me a sizeable discount, but I'm afraid a lot of that would get eaten up by the NY taxes and/or the costs to fly up there and drive it back or have it shipped.

Originally Posted by flaco
Living in Florida, you will find the leatherette seats very uncomfortable in the summer. I have them and am going to get covers this year. I would seriously consider leather or cloth. They are worth the money.
I've been back and forth between the leather, leatherette and cloth several times. Seems each has their downfall. Some say that the cloth is made out of a funny material and is more likely to stain and hold odors. Others say that the quality of the leather used is not that great and tends to sag and crack over time, even with proper care. And then there's the leatherette, which is hot in the summer, and when I test drove an '07 MCS a few months back, I found it a little uncomfortable on the outside of my thighs. I'm a fairly skinny guy, so you would think this wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if this is because I'm coming from a truck and I'm not used to the way the seats wrap around or if it will loosen up after a while. Maybe someone who has had the leatherette can answer this question for me.

I plan on checking out all the different seat coverings before purchasing, so maybe seeing them in person will help make up my mind. However, so far, this has been the most difficult option to decide upon.

Originally Posted by tdm156
I have heard that the rain sensing wipers can be a pain especially when you go to replace your windshield it increases the cost for that replacement.
Do you have any specifics on how this will make the windshield replacement more expensive? Are there sensors in the actual windshield that make them work? Also, in FL you are entitled to one replacement windshield a year if caused by road debris and such (it's built into the auto insurance premium). I wonder if the additional expense is covered.