R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Questions on Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Rubbus
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MCSNorCal
the dealer that you so called ordered your dream car asked me to prove that someone got 1200 off msrp. they called me i was misinformed. i had to prove them wrong by showing this thread. they said "änyone can post anything on the forums and people can believe anything." he also said "most neighboring mini dealerships are selling these cars at or over MSRP, due to the fact that the demand for these cars are still high." so i asked them what can they do for me? they replied "ï can probably do 500 off msrp for cars we have IN STOCK." So yoú're telling me it's ok for you to lie, but I can't post your lie online. i don't care if it's private, the fact that you lie is what made me post. so there you have it.
Lets see- I- who have nothing to gain, try to help you, but the >dealer< who has LOTS OF MONEY to gain- says I am a liar. Ok- you are right. You are a God-damned genius.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubbus
Lets see- I- who have nothing to gain, try to help you, but the >dealer< who has LOTS OF MONEY to gain- says I am a liar. Ok- you are right. You are a God-damned genius.
Rubbus, didn't you know that car dealers never lie? Same with politicians...

Old 01-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Rubbus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
Rubbus, didn't you know that car dealers never lie? Same with politicians...
LOL

Old 01-14-2008, 10:25 PM
MCSNorCal
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stop back pedaling. how about this, since you claim you ARE RIGHT....prove it. how about a document from the dealer stating you got 1200 off msrp?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
SD929
2nd Gear
stop back pedaling. how about this, since you claim you ARE RIGHT....prove it. how about a document from the dealer stating you got 1200 off msrp?
Why should the onus be on him, if he got a good deal, good for him, you should attempt to do your own leg (negotiating) work. Christ what a douche you are.....

In the end what he pays has no effect on you, or anyone else on this flipping forum.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:48 PM
MCSNorCal
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SD929
Why should the onus be on him, if he got a good deal, good for him, you should attempt to do your own leg (negotiating) work. Christ what a douche you are.....

In the end what he pays has no effect on you, or anyone else on this flipping forum.
no you don't get it don't you. i was asking for help. the info given was false. i called him out on it to see if he can back it up, but then he goes and says that the dealerships are the one that is lying. if the help is wrong, then why do it in the first place? why point someone in the wrong direction?

Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
Originally Posted by daffodildeb
There's a good chance you will be able to sell at higher than trade-in value even if the car has "issues." My previous car, a '94 BMW 325i with 190,000 miles and specific engine problems disclosed to the buyer (including mechanic's name), sold in 1 day after posting on my husband's company's intranet. For more than book value, BTW.

Quite a few years ago I sold a Fiat 128 with a fried engine (see, I told you it was a while back!), for a reasonable price. As he hooked up the tow chain, the happy buyer said the radio made it worth the deal to him. Hubby and I privately snickered--that particular German brand of radio wasn't worth all that much, and only got a few stations anyway.

The point is, it's worth a try--these days you can always go on Ebay.

Of course, it helps to have a large population base to sell to. Wouldn't work in a town of 200...
Thanks for the encouragement. I put her up on Craig's List this morning. Since I live in the St. Louis area, I think there's a good population to draw from

Still hoping to get that perfect Mini S...that the dealer currently has on their lot.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Rubbus
2nd Gear
You are the ultimate moron. The >LAST< thing I am going to do is give you MORE information in the form of my purchase agreement that you can then send to everyone in the world.

Go pay whatever you want. I am through helping you.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:33 AM
BUIZILLA
2nd Gear
no you don't get it don't you. i was asking for help. the info given was false. i called him out on it to see if he can back it up, but then he goes and says that the dealerships are the one that is lying. if the help is wrong, then why do it in the first place? why point someone in the wrong direction?
hey big mouth.... on my desk here I have a quote, in writing, from a local dealer for $1200 off on a new '07, your pushing your luck with your comments that no other dealer can, or will, do it, in fact, I have a backup offer from another local dealer matching that discount....

JH

Old 01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
See- I have >no< reason to lie. So someone asks me a PRIVATE question- I tell them a PRIVATE answer- and what do I get for my trouble? I get called a liar, and my PRIVATE message broadcast to the world, a dealer, and this IDIOT sends the dealer right to this board.

I don't care what you believe. Bunch of jackasses.
I didn't specifically call you a liar. What I meant by that is if either of you are lying it's completely ridiculous. I agree that private messages should indeed be kept private.

Last edited by Msteadman; 01-15-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
i8chilis
2nd Gear
My co-worker successfully used the info from "www.fightingchance.com" to do the fax attack thing and buy his Honda.

However, that web site says (and I quote in bold, without agreeing or disagreeing):

Note also that there are always a few vehicles that are almost impossible to deal on because the demand is greater than the supply. For example, we have not heard yet from anyone who has paid less than the full sticker price for the MINI Cooper, so paying us for information on this car would be a really dumb idea.

http://www.fightingchance.com/pricing.php

Old 01-16-2008, 05:31 PM
DenRog
1st Gear
Give them time. I test drove both mini's and told them I would think about it and a few days later they called me twice looking for my business.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
locogringo
3rd Gear
I got verbal sight unseen quotes on my trade in from 4 Mini dealers. There was $2000.00 difference between the best and worst offer. There is no Mini dealer where I live, so I had four to choose from that were within 5 hours from my house. I ended up going to Kansas City which is the dealership that was the greatest distance from my house. Great dealership.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
tjtull
5th Gear
Originally Posted by locogringo
I got verbal sight unseen quotes on my trade in from 4 Mini dealers. There was $2000.00 difference between the best and worst offer. There is no Mini dealer where I live, so I had four to choose from that were within 5 hours from my house. I ended up going to Kansas City which is the dealership that was the greatest distance from my house. Great dealership.
Very interesting...I may have to look up that dealership and see what they have to say. Do you have a good point of contact? Please PM me if you do. I live near St. Louis and wouldn't mind the drive across state.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Just got an OB/B 2008 off the lot...the last OB on the lot....and got the $500 dealer fee taken off. Guess I should be happy then and realize that Mini's don't have much wiggle room.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The day I ordered mine there were literally 10-15 people waiting to talk to sales people. Not with questions but ready to buy from what I overheard. In the dealers allocation that my car was in, they had sold every car (over 20 S models) long before they shipped.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 AM
japtor
2nd Gear
I configured a car at cars.com and sent it to a few dealers through there, one mailed me back pretty quickly saying $500 off the configurator price and floor mats. I also sent it through the miniusa configurator, a different salesman got back to me but just mentioned that they had deals on 2007s. not sure if the cars.com thing made a difference or if it was just the different salesmen. still waiting on quotes from some others.