R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Help With Final Choices on MCS (long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:59 AM
WindInPants
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help With Final Choices on MCS

After nearly two years of lurking I am finally ready to order my mini. Here’s the configuration I’ve come up with so far.

White Turn Signals
Pepper White Body Color
Black Roof/Mirrors
Cold Weather Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Dynamic Stability Control
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
Rear Fog Lamp
Limited Slip Differential
16" Bridge-Spoke (Performance) I may get some aftermarket wheels or go with the 17x7 double spoke alloy wheels (these seem overpriced but look good imo)…ial','sans-serif']Blank Line[/FONT]
Anthracite Headliner
Dark Grey Color Line INC
Leather: Lounge Redwood Red
Interior Surface English Oak INC
ACCESSORIES
Mud Flaps front and rear axle
Universal Trunk protection (installation not incl.)
Roof Rack Base & Install Kit (installation not incl.)
Grocery Bag Holder (installation not incl.)
Invisishield: Upper Kit (installation not incl.)
Invisishield: Lower Kit (installation not incl.)
I will add a pad from that pooch style place if it looks better than the universal trunk protection. My dog loves to motor but he sheds a lot.

Questions I have so far…
1. I want the redwood red lounge leather, the English Oak trim, and the anthracite headliner. It appears that the dark grey color line is the only option w/ the RRLL. Any photos of identical configurations for the interior?

2. I also want the Bluetooth stuff and the Ipod adapter. Why in the heck can’t I have the wood multifunction steering wheel with this instead of the leather one? Has anyone else broached this subject with their MA or someone else in the know? Eventually I’ll pick up the wood brake handle and shift ***** I’ve seen on here too. The wood steering wheel is important for me. I'm hard on Leather wrapped ones.

3. I will also spec the alarm system. I nearly always have my English bulldog/boxer mix with me. I leave the windows down for him with the alarm on so that if anyone realizes that he’s just a friendly beefalope and wants to make away with him; the alarm will sound and he will change into an angry vicious people eater. Can you disable the motion sensors? My dog would go ape if he set it off himself. Also, what’s the difference between the $500 alarm in the step 4 instruments section of the configurator and the $250 alarm in the step 5 audio & electric section of the configurator? Ya, Ya, I know, $250.

4. How do the mudflaps look on the Mini? Anyone have any photos of theirs?

5.Other options I’m undecided on…
A.Chrome line interior and exterior. Any opinions, photos?

B. The factory Aero kit. With this, I would have the black fender arches painted to match the PW car. The mud flaps aren’t an option if I go w/ the areo kit. In the configurator it shows the bottom trim on the door between the wheel arches as the color of the car. On some of the photos in another post it appears as if that bottom part under the door is black like the fender wells. Anyone have the skinny on this?

C. The ejector button for annoying passengers… or should I just spring for the sharks with freekin lazer beams?

Last edited by WindInPants; 01-24-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WindInPants
After nearly two years of lurking I am finally ready to order my mini. Here’s the configuration I’ve come up with so far.

White Turn Signals
Pepper White Body Color
Black Roof/Mirrors
Cold Weather Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Dynamic Stability Control
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
Rear Fog Lamp
Limited Slip Differential
16" Bridge-Spoke (Performance) I may get some aftermarket wheels or go with the 17x7 double spoke alloy wheels (these seem overpriced but look good imo)…ial','sans-serif']Blank Line[/FONT]
Anthracite Headliner
Dark Grey Color Line INC
Leather: Lounge Redwood Red
Interior Surface English Oak INC
ACCESSORIES
Mud Flaps front and rear axle
Universal Trunk protection (installation not incl.)
Roof Rack Base & Install Kit (installation not incl.)
Grocery Bag Holder (installation not incl.)
Invisishield: Upper Kit (installation not incl.)
Invisishield: Lower Kit (installation not incl.)
I will add a pad from that pooch style place if it looks better than the universal trunk protection. My dog loves to motor but he sheds a lot.
Welcome to NAM WindInPants and congrats. Looks like a very nicely equipped MINI.

Questions I have so far…
1. I want the redwood red lounge leather, the English Oak trim, and the anthracite headliner. It appears that the dark grey color line is the only option w/ the RRLL. Any photos of identical configurations for the interior?
You may wish to do a search of the forum as I believe this has been done previously and that thread may have pics for you.

2. I also want the Bluetooth stuff and the Ipod adapter. Why in the heck can’t I have the wood multifunction steering wheel with this instead of the leather one? Has anyone else broached this subject with their MA or someone else in the know? Eventually I’ll pick up the wood brake handle and shift ***** I’ve seen on here too. The wood steering wheel is important for me. I'm hard on Leather wrapped ones.
MINI management can sure come up with some quirky decisions! Maybe someone else has an answer?

3. I will also spec the alarm system. I nearly always have my English bulldog/boxer mix with me. I leave the windows down for him with the alarm on so that if anyone realizes that he’s just a friendly beefalope and wants to make away with him; the alarm will sound and he will change into an angry vicious people eater. Can you disable the motion sensors? My dog would go ape if he set it off himself. Also, what’s the difference between the $500 alarm in the step 4 instruments section of the configurator and the $250 alarm in the step 5 audio & electric section of the configurator? Ya, Ya, I know, $250.
Can't help you on this one, sorry.

Skip the mudflaps! See #5B below...

Chrome is nice but I really recommend the chromeline interior, a friend has it on his PW/PW MINI and it looks great. check out Surfblue's gallery as I'm sure he has pics of his interior posted.

B. The factory Aero kit. With this, I would have the black fender arches painted to match the PW car. The mud flaps aren’t an option if I go w/ the areo kit. In the configurator it shows the bottom trim on the door between the wheel arches as the color of the car. On some of the photos in another post it appears as if that bottom part under the door is black like the fender wells. Anyone have the skinny on this?
The JCW aero kit looks much better than the factory kit in my opinion.

Stick with the JCW as it looks integrated with the lines of the car as opposed to the factory aero kit which looks like an afterthought that was tacked on to the MINI.

C. The ejector button for annoying passengers… or should I just spring for the sharks with freekin lazer beams?
Well Dr. Evil, I've always been partial to the sharks with laser beams...

Old 01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Karthi
2nd Gear

I have the OEM alarm, but couldn't tell you about leaving an animal in the car while the alarm is set. If someone else has, you may want to do a search on here to see if it's happened. I believe there is a motion sensor inside of the car (someone else please confirm).

Regarding the cost difference, the 500 cost is factory installed. the 250 dollar cost is dealer installed, but you would need to include tax on the 250, plus labor, which could end up being more after the fact. I'd personally do it up front, but whatever works for you, go for it ....

Again, do another search ... there are at least a couple recent threads on both appearance and self-installation.
Everyone will tell you (and I agree) it's all personal taste. I have the CL Interior and have been happy with it.

Last edited by Karthi; 01-24-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Floridabob
1st Gear
Always nice to fix up a new mini the way you like, but always remember you will not own the car forever. Think resale, and what you may or may not get back come trade in time. Have fun !

Old 01-24-2008, 12:28 PM
funkdaddy
2nd Gear
meh... get what you want for the car, enjoy it. Why purchase/don't purchase options for the next owner of the car? I'd rather have the car I want and get a little less money....

Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There has been a lot of confusion about the wooden MFSW. Call MINIUSA and see if they can sort it out. Or, call various dealers until you get one who knows.

The mudflaps look good with the MINI. They blend in well.

OK, the chrome girl was just a Photoshoped joke for another thread.