R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Another one in southern Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:46 PM
D-Unit
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another one in southern Maryland

Yo. I meant to post this last week but ive been busy with starting a new job and motoring. anyway, got my MINI finally. it actually only took a month though. exactly four weeks, so i guess i was pretty lucky.

heres the specs, its pretty basic:
Laser Blue/White, Sport Package (Crown Spokes), LSD, HiFi, Anthracite Headliner, White turn signals. think thats everything.

btw, ive been disappointed with the number of other mini drives who dont wave or flash their lights or anything. ive waved or flashed my lights or beeped at four or five with no response. wheres the sense of family?

and of course, when I got my first wave, i wasnt even paying attention. i just happened to turn my head as he passed me and flashed my lights. It was on Rt. 4 north around 9:30 and i was turning left onto Bowie Shop Rd. Right before the new motorcycle place and the white liquor store that has changed owners like three times since i have lived there (used to be game time, now its guidos). Just in case the guy is on these forums.

I think it was laser blue too but i could be wrong as it was dark. i thought i was the only laser blue around (i havent seen any on the road ever) but i guess theres enough room for two.

finally (I know this is getting a tad long), anybody else in or near SoMar (why is california the only one who gets to abbreviate?)? Calvert, PG, St. Mary's County? I'm in Calvert. I've seen plenty of minis, lets see how many of their owners are on NAM.

wow, didnt plan on typing that much when i started.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Acrobatikdan
2nd Gear
Maryland Yes, South Not So Much

I'm a Maryland owner, but not very far south. I'm a few minutes north of Sykesville (southern Carroll County). I completely understand your disappointment in fellow MINI owners. I've passed four, maybe five MINIs and no one waved or acknowledged me, except for a passenger in one who saw me wave.
I go to school near Pittsburgh and I get a lot more compliments about my MINI from strangers than I do in Maryland. I also see MINIs on the road here more frequently. I guess there just aren't many spirited/enthusiastic drivers in MD :(

Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM
D-Unit
4th Gear
its a shame isnt it? but im keeping the faith. ill continue to wave or whatever to every mini i see