R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did You Guys Get Any Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:37 AM
ellinara
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.5 % off at the end but i bought mine in Europe so it was way more expensive then in North America. Still pretty good for 08

Old 07-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Rubbus
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Market might be a little different now than it was when I got mine back in Jan/Feb when I got below MSRP, but it wasn't Cali either.

No way in HELL I'd pay $3-6K?!?!?! over MSRP! I'd just wait... Or find a used one.

Originally Posted by wj94
It was right at $30k, same price as a loaded up MCS. Do you see other people getting $1k off JCW's (with NO markups on financing and NO processing/dealer fee)? From what I hear, California dealers are marking them up $3-6k. All it takes is a little negotiating and getting the idea of "oh, well everyone pays MSRP, so I guess I'll just pay that too" out of your head. I literally spent maybe 45 minutes emailing the sales manager of every dealer within driving distance and then following up on one or two over the phone from those who gave a positive response. California might be different, but for the rest of us, it's not that tough.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
r56mini
6th Gear
These cars are selling like the next greatest thing on earth.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
wj94
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rubbus
Market might be a little different now than it was when I got mine back in Jan/Feb when I got below MSRP, but it wasn't Cali either.

No way in HELL I'd pay $3-6K?!?!?! over MSRP! I'd just wait... Or find a used one.
I agree, no way in hell I would either, but some other schmuck out there obviously is or else they'd lower the price. I told myself I wouldn't even pay MSRP or else I'd just forget about it and keep the car I have. By not paying a dealer "processing" fee (a.k.a. Ruth's Chris lunch money for the owner), no markups on financing, and the discount received I saved myself approximately $2000-3000 over the course of the lease. All that for 45 minutes work doesn't seem so bad when most people seem resigned to the fact that it's MSRP or nothing.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 PM
blah5
1st Gear
Originally Posted by wj94
I agree, no way in hell I would either, but some other schmuck out there obviously is or else they'd lower the price. I told myself I wouldn't even pay MSRP or else I'd just forget about it and keep the car I have. By not paying a dealer "processing" fee (a.k.a. Ruth's Chris lunch money for the owner), no markups on financing, and the discount received I saved myself approximately $2000-3000 over the course of the lease. All that for 45 minutes work doesn't seem so bad when most people seem resigned to the fact that it's MSRP or nothing.
I understand that the resale value of the Mini cooper is amazingly high, and that dealerships are raising the price b/c there are ppl out there who will actually pay the overmark for what ever reason.
If I did not look on this forum, I would have probably already paid an overmark for a mini cooper, though now I knw better. There are people on this forum who did not pay an overmark, and did better - they got below MSRP. I want to follow in their foot steps, and get below MSRP. haha so yeah I'm still loking for advice on how to do this...

Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
wj94
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blah5
I understand that the resale value of the Mini cooper is amazingly high, and that dealerships are raising the price b/c there are ppl out there who will actually pay the overmark for what ever reason.
If I did not look on this forum, I would have probably already paid an overmark for a mini cooper, though now I knw better. There are people on this forum who did not pay an overmark, and did better - they got below MSRP. I want to follow in their foot steps, and get below MSRP. haha so yeah I'm still loking for advice on how to do this...
Email the sales manager of every dealer within your comfortable driving distance and ask them what they can do for you that your local dealer can't. If your local dealer is offering MSRP and nobody else is doing better, what incentive do you have to buy from any other dealer? That's what you want to push them on.

On a side note, DO NOT CALL THE DEALERS! EMAIL ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!