R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 ALTA! ALTA! ALTA! ALTA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:40 PM
parisinfire
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dreman
I absolutely cannot wait to get my alta CAI... I'm wondering if I should call local MINI dealers to get a feel for how they would react to non-OEM parts in engine bay..

I took my mini to the dealer with my FMI, intake, and exhaust on and they had no problem with it at all they complimented me actually. Loving ALTA

Old 03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
chili_red07
5th Gear
It seems most dealers don't care about bolt-ons. My dealer has complimented me on my stuff too! (but who knows how they'd react if there was a warranty concern)

Old 03-30-2008, 05:59 AM
parisinfire
2nd Gear
Yah that is true. I cant wait for ALTA to come out with that new turbo!! Then im sure they will yell at me for that but oh well.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
flaco
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
HEY THANKS for the business! Appreciate it!
Ask MINI USA what they think about its affect on your warranty. Of course you appreciate the business...you appreciate the money. Give something other than self serving congratulatory feel good messages. Otherwise, you just sound like a sycophant.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
effect

Old 04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flaco
Ask MINI USA what they think about its affect on your warranty. Of course you appreciate the business...you appreciate the money. Give something other than self serving congratulatory feel good messages. Otherwise, you just sound like a sycophant.

Awwww the sound of flatulence is so refreshing........

Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 PM
chili_red07
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
effect

Oh man

Old 04-01-2008, 08:32 PM
MiniJayhawk
4th Gear
Originally Posted by flaco
I started the thread, numbnutz. And I have no problem that Alta responded to my thanks.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Bufadora
1st Gear
Alta Dudes, if you're listening I have a CAI on order. But, that's not the issue. I think your Logotype--the messy italicized brushstroke ALTA could use some help.

I work at a premier design firm, I'd like to help you. PM me, because I am a retard, and I am drunk and cant figure out how to PM you.

Here's my issue:
1) The kerning is really sloppy, and because its a brushstroke the whole effect is not precise which isn't giving people a good feeling when they entrust your technologies on their 28K babies.

2) I would never say go to the Mini font, or something in that family. I don;t know what that font is, but I think its a proprietary Helvetica or DIN. But its clean and has a broad reach, but I think its a cliche.

3) I would say move to something Sans Serif and make a system that will support your mini work and whatever the hell else you do up there in portland in a way that makes sense.

4) let me help you, and for free. Or for some boost tubes or beer, or some ****. **** it, lets just drink some beer and maybe go fishing.

Alright. outtie. Seriously.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 PM
xsmini
6th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
^^

Nik

Old 04-02-2008, 04:39 AM
chili_red07
5th Gear
That post was awesome

Originally Posted by Bufadora
Alta Dudes, if you're listening I have a CAI on order. But, that's not the issue. I think your Logotype--the messy italicized brushstroke ALTA could use some help.

I work at a premier design firm, I'd like to help you. PM me, because I am a retard, and I am drunk and cant figure out how to PM you.

Here's my issue:
1) The kerning is really sloppy, and because its a brushstroke the whole effect is not precise which isn't giving people a good feeling when they entrust your technologies on their 28K babies.

2) I would never say go to the Mini font, or something in that family. I don;t know what that font is, but I think its a proprietary Helvetica or DIN. But its clean and has a broad reach, but I think its a cliche.

3) I would say move to something Sans Serif and make a system that will support your mini work and whatever the hell else you do up there in portland in a way that makes sense.

4) let me help you, and for free. Or for some boost tubes or beer, or some ****. **** it, lets just drink some beer and maybe go fishing.

Last edited by chili_red07; 04-02-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Had to quote it before the op edited it
Old 04-02-2008, 04:53 AM
hendricks488
3rd Gear
i think that ALTA will LOVE that..i've been havin some shitty C.S. with them myself and through my install/rep. guy and that totally just made my day

Old 04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
ALTADESIGN
Manufacturer
Bufadora
Kind of a weird off topic post but i'll take this one. "ALTA" has been around for ten years now. The current logo has been in use since about 2000. (Actually before the MINI came out) The logo was created by scanning a drawing made using a Sharpie® Magnum. We literally hand wrote the logo an scanned it.

So for you "issues".....
#1 By the "kerning" being sloppy you mean my hand writing sux.
#2 Good guess at the font but, sorry there is no font or brush stroke here. just handwriting.
#3 San serif doesn't sound bad. Are you trying to say that a different logo style would be more inviting to the mini community. "...whatever the hell else you do up there in portland..." Not sure what that means?
#4 "let me help you, and for free" (sounds like a good price to me)

The current ALTA logo is almost ten years old so i hope you can understand my/our resistance to changing it based on a forum board post. but........ if you think you have a better logo in mind, we are always open to suggestions. I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Bufadora

Here's my issue:

hendricks488
What was the problem? Let me/us know. Lets get you taken care of. I would not want you to fall through the cracks.

Originally Posted by hendricks488
i think that ALTA will LOVE that..i've been havin some shitty C.S. with them myself and through my install/rep. guy and that totally just made my day

Old 04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
hendricks488
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTADESIGN

hendricks488
What was the problem? Let me/us know. Lets get you taken care of. I would not want you to fall through the cracks.
Well I will know by tomorrow night if my rep has my product or not, but basically the day it was supposed to be delivered and installed WE called ALTA to ask where it was, and they said "oh i jsut got a note to call about back-order".....they day it was guarenteed on the other side of the country....so again I will know by tomorrow if the issue continues, if so, ALTA might lose a customer and the rep lose business for that, which I would hate, but not mentioning names on NAM, however if you think about it, I'm sure you know who it is I am refering to, because it's not the first time this has happened to him. He is very respectable and sells ALTA very well to MINI owners in his area, and I think it could only hurt ALTA's business and reputation to lose his business and his customers. I sure hope the product arives tomorrow as promised.....

Old 04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
Well I will know by tomorrow night if my rep has my product or not, but basically the day it was supposed to be delivered and installed WE called ALTA to ask where it was, and they said "oh i jsut got a note to call about back-order".....they day it was guarenteed on the other side of the country....so again I will know by tomorrow if the issue continues, if so, ALTA might lose a customer and the rep lose business for that, which I would hate, but not mentioning names on NAM, however if you think about it, I'm sure you know who it is I am refering to, because it's not the first time this has happened to him. He is very respectable and sells ALTA very well to MINI owners in his area, and I think it could only hurt ALTA's business and reputation to lose his business and his customers. I sure hope the product arives tomorrow as promised.....

That's one of the best passive aggressive speeches I've seen or heard in any form. Bravo Hendricks, Bravo.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:02 PM
hendricks488
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mozza

That's one of the best passive aggressive speeches I've seen or heard in any form. Bravo Hendricks, Bravo.
I thank you much, but considering I have been waiting on my car to be worked on and finshed for about 2 months now, and we are only waiting on ALTA, I guess you could say I'm pretty passionate about it

Old 04-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
Don't blame you one bit fella, I know I'll be exactly the same after this summer when modding. Actually I'll probably be **** and get them in before I even get the car.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
ALTA_JOHNL
Former Vendor
hendricks488,

We will get you the part(s) you ordered. So I can get on this first thing in the morning please PM me your phone number so I can call you, or just call me at 503-693-1702 if you prefer.

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting you the parts you need.

John

Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
ALTA_Ken
Former Vendor
hendricks488,
First I want to thank you for your business, it is very important to us and means a lot that you have chosen us for your tuning needs. Second I will be checking on your order first thing in the morning. I do apologize about the time it has taken to get you the gauges. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

Once again thanks for choosing ALTA

Ken

Ken Jubb
Retail Sales Manager
ALTA Mini Performance
ken.jubb@altaminiperformance.com

Last edited by ALTA_Ken; 04-03-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
Nothing like a good moan on NAM to kick the cogs in the ALTA machine into overdrive. Well done Hendricks.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
ghendricks1
1st Gear
Gotta show 'em who the customer is!

Last edited by ghendricks1; 04-04-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:21 PM
hendricks488
3rd Gear
Ha...thanks dad!

It happens, aprriciate it Mozza....and i dont mean to single people out but it's a business, and when the customer isnt happy, the company will lose business, and frankly i will give someone else the business....same thing with MiniMania...got TERRIBLE customer service over what was going to be a bithday present for my dad (who has an BRG '08 JCW) and they just comepletly dropped the ball, so i called MossMini and told them if they could get it done in the next two days i would give them the sale...it's not hard to **** off the customer to the point where they will give someone else deserving YOUR sale...hopefully they will fix their mistake before I give their sale to someone else

Last edited by hendricks488; 04-04-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone having problems getting to Alta's web page?

http://www.altaminiperformance.com/

Gives me an error page.

Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found.

This means that either the page you're looking for has been moved, renamed, or is no longer available. Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization.
If you're looking for a product, try using the search tool on our website.
If you think you received this error by mistake, please contact us and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:27 AM
uzun
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
Anyone having problems getting to Alta's web page?

http://www.altaminiperformance.com/

Gives me an error page.
Yes, I am having the same problem.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:37 AM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
It's just down for maintenance according to the page that comes up for me. They'll probably have it back up soon.

Quick Reply: R56 ALTA! ALTA! ALTA! ALTA!!!