R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Took the plunge. Let me know what you think of my options...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:55 PM
jetta
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took the plunge. Let me know what you think of my options...

We finalized our order with Northwest Mini finally after strolling through these forums for almost 2 years. Its going to be my wife's car, but you never know...

Here is the spec.

MCS
Laser blue, white top and bonnet stripes

Premium package
Convenience package
Cold weather package

DSC
Xenons
Rear fog
6-speed auto (yeah, couldn't convince her. She hates my 328I)
16" bridge spokes with all season tires

Chrome line interior
Pacific blue color line
Piano black interior surface

what do you think?
The only option I was debating was the anthracite color line. I am not a fan of dark interior... then agian, I haven't seen it in person. We went back and forth between pepper white with red viper stripes and laster blue and finally decided to go with LB.

-Jetta

Old 04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just my .02, but I think I would reconsider the Anthracite. If you have not seen it in person at least have someone send you pics. of it, or go through the galleries. With the Blue Colorline and Piano Black Interior, you are already going for a dark interior, so the Anthrecite just makes sense to me.
I'll be taking delivery later this week, and I saw both the Gotham Grey interior vs. the Anthracite...I ordered the Anthracite. My color scheme...black, chrome and grey.
Good Luck!!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
steaming79
4th Gear
jetta: you left anthracite & rocket launchers off your specs. shame shame.
at least get the anthracite. you'll regret it later if ya dont. and careful with your piano black interior. scratch magnets. but they do look really nice...

Old 04-14-2008, 03:40 PM
verax
1st Gear
Looks pretty familiar, as I just ordered close to the same thing over the weekend. My wife and I were iffy on the Anthracite as well. When we went to the dealer, we asked to look at one with and without. We both really liked the look of it better. We also were debating the piano black. Once we touched the brushed aluminum though, the feel of real metal in the car sold us, it was nice.

Other than that, we have pretty much the same package.

We also went through the debate on the transmission. She won, as it will be our every day vehicle, and we sit in traffic a lot. (and after driving with the paddle shifters, I have to admit, it's still fun)

good luck!

Verax

Old 04-14-2008, 04:35 PM
BoomerMCS
2nd Gear
Nice choice! Don't worry about the Anthracite interior if you are not a fan of a dark interior. Mine is the Gothem Grey on a PS/B with grey leatherette. The lighter color gives it an open airy feeling. In fact I had a loaner with the Anthracite and didn't care for it (just me).

Jetta, I noticed you ordered from NW Mini. Be sure to check out http://www.psmini.org/. Great group of people with plenty going on from lunch meetings, wine tours, rallies, track and autocross participants.

Hope to see you at an event when you get the new member of your family.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
jetta
1st Gear
thanks for the comments everyone!

I've been going through the countless threads on the headliner so that I can a better feel for the color.

BoomerMCS, thanks for the PSmini suggestion. I've been browsing those forums for a few days now. Hope to see you during an event!

-Jetta

Old 04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
Your choices are almost the same as mine as you can see from my signature, except I went with black top and black bonnet stripes.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:28 PM
callahan00
5th Gear
Mine is spec'd almost identical to yours except for the color. I went with Chili Red/Black but other rhan that mine is identical.

I too would recommend the Anthracite headline. Without, it adds a whole new color pallette to the interio than can be distracting. The one thing I regret not getting was rear frogs.

What seat material did you get? I went with cloth. Leather was too pricey and Leatherette too hot.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 PM
verax
1st Gear
nice, I didn't even notice you were in the NW. I odered mine from NW mini as well.

Verax

Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
jetta
1st Gear
Originally Posted by callahan00
Mine is spec'd almost identical to yours except for the color. I went with Chili Red/Black but other rhan that mine is identical.

I too would recommend the Anthracite headline. Without, it adds a whole new color pallette to the interio than can be distracting. The one thing I regret not getting was rear frogs.

What seat material did you get? I went with cloth. Leather was too pricey and Leatherette too hot.

I got leatherette. We really liked the red leather, but I don't think it would look good in a blue car. I really like the leatheratte and it doesn't get that hot up here in northwest.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:06 PM
OrionLTD
3rd Gear
Great choices. Leatherette is a great seat material. You really cannot go wrong on options. There are some who prefer "lightly optioned Mini's" There are others who like gadgets (me). And there are others who desire pure performance (Can you say JCW?). No matter which path you take, as long as you have no on the fence issues, you will be served well by your selections.

The hardest part is yet to come, the wait and the break in period!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by OrionLTD
Leatherette is a great seat material. ...snip
Yea when I sold MIB at Carmax, they said it had Leather. I knew it had Leatherette!

And there are others who desire pure performance (Can you say JCW?)
NO! Say "ALTA"! More go for less dough than JCW!

... snip...The hardest part is yet to come, the wait and the break in period!
PREACH ON BROTHER OrionLTD. HALELUJIAH!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:23 AM
jetta
1st Gear
... snip...The hardest part is yet to come, the wait and the break in period!

Couldn't agree more! I am spending way too much time on these forums already...

Verax, Saw your post on psmini. When is yours slated for delivery. Ours is supposedly coming in end of May or early June.

-Jetta

Old 04-15-2008, 10:58 AM
djam43
6th Gear
Get the rear fogs. Also with that color car you should get the white turns, unless you like the "fried egg look" of the yellows.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:41 AM
jetta
1st Gear
Originally Posted by djam43
Get the rear fogs. Also with that color car you should get the white turns, unless you like the "fried egg look" of the yellows.
Yup, I already added the rear fog. The only reason I didn't opt for white turn signals was that I could do at a later time.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:17 PM
COOP310
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would add the white turn signals and 17" wheels. The 16's don't fill up the wheel well enough, unless you plan on lowering it.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:35 AM
mini on
4th Gear
nice options just picked mine up from NW MINI Aaron was my sales guy great experience also had them add the clear bra liked how they cut it in around the bonnet stripes

Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 AM
rippymcs
4th Gear
NO! DON'T GET THE LASER BLUE! That's my color!! I'm kidding, of course.
Frankly Laser Blue was my third choice, but by process of elimination, it became my only choice.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 AM
verax
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jetta
Verax, Saw your post on psmini. When is yours slated for delivery. Ours is supposedly coming in end of May or early June.

-Jetta
I'm slated to be built the first week in may. With a 4-5 week delivery time. So I'm looking at about 6-7 weeks.

Aaron was my sales guy as well. I'm not much of a bargainer. :( I didn't get anything thrown in yet. I'm having them put on the clearbra, but only after I get some custom striping done.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 AM
jetta
1st Gear
I am contemplating the clean bra too. How much did it cost you two at the northwest mini? I've seen wide range of prices when I searched on this forum.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 AM
verax
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jetta
I am contemplating the clean bra too. How much did it cost you two at the northwest mini? I've seen wide range of prices when I searched on this forum.
They quoted me $799. Thats for the entire front. (bumper, bonnet, lights [including fogs and driving], etc) They also put a strip on the back bumper "shelf" so if you put groceries etc, to prevent scratches. In addition, they put a piece on your door handle, and along the very edge of the door, in case you open your door into something.

I'm going to call down and ask today about after market driving lights installation. I'de like to get a set of PIAA or Hella's and have them work off the factory driving light switch.

Last edited by verax; 04-18-2008 at 08:07 AM.