R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:13 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Riffster
Spf Zero, did u get any free stuff from the dealer? Im assuming you went through Ralph Shomp Mini cuz thats the only dealer in colorado. Im in centennial, and i will be ordering my mini soon.
"free stuff" and "Schomp" don't go together in the same sentence. Nothing free, no discounts, no negotiating. At least they don't markup the MSRP (except on warranties and some accessories) and they don't charge "dealer handling."

I ordered from them, but have not been impressed with the process.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
msduncan
4th Gear
I haven't received my car yet so I'm early in the process, but I want to brag on the dealership and MA that I'm dealing with.

Richey Shaffer of Nashville Mini has been tip top notch in customer service thus far. Best I've felt about the buying process of any car I've had so far. I can't wait to take delivery of my vehicle and get some of his cards because I'm sure to be asked where I got mine, and I want to hand them out to people I know.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:23 PM
loislane
1st Gear
If you register on the MINIUSA website as a MINI insider you will get a box in the mail with some swag. I wont tell you what is in it but its fun. You will need your VIN or TRACKING # to register. Oh and dont look in the secret compartment in the box.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Mirrim
Wrench Wench
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
"free stuff" and "Schomp" don't go together in the same sentence. Nothing free, no discounts, no negotiating. At least they don't markup the MSRP (except on warranties and some accessories) and they don't charge "dealer handling."

That's too bad... it could be because they're the only game in town for MINIs. Being on a fixed income, was hoping to at least get mats. <sigh>

Old 06-25-2008, 07:15 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by loislane
If you register on the MINIUSA website as a MINI insider you will get a box in the mail with some swag. I wont tell you what is in it but its fun. You will need your VIN or TRACKING # to register. Oh and dont look in the secret compartment in the box.
Okay, I don't follow. I'm already registered on the website as an insider, and there's noplace to input a production number or VIN. Do you mean the Owner's Lounge?

Old 06-25-2008, 08:24 PM
MiniO
3rd Gear
Was e-mailing MA before ordering and I was interested in the black jack decal for sunroof. Ma advised that he thought it was only available without sun roof. Said he would check. E-mailed me back to say that he was wrong and would throw it in for free since he wasn't aware. When I went in and ordered he also gave me free mats. Wrote both on my sales receipt so I will get them at delivery.
He has been amazing so far. Very responsive to my e-mails(even e-mailed me back at 1:00 AM on a Friday after I sent a message 5 minutes earlier)
Spent a ton of time with me, answered my million of questions happily and made a few suggestions. I was going to get NAV and he told me not too that I wouldn't be happy to get an aftermarket one for fraction of cost. All in all a definite 5 star so far.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:26 PM
loislane
1st Gear
When we registered it was one of the first things they asked for so maybe you are right it could be in the owners lounge. It has been a year since I registered my car, so I might be a little off.... sorry.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:34 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hoonu
Okay, I don't follow. I'm already registered on the website as an insider, and there's noplace to input a production number or VIN. Do you mean the Owner's Lounge?
I'm registered on the MINIUSA site as an Insider and on the Owners' Lounge with my vin... haven't received anything from MINI or from my dealer.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Originally Posted by loislane

Is this different from the Owners Lounge? I signed up there do I have to sign up as a Mini Insider too?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Riffster
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO

Ya when i went in for my test drive i got the exact same impression. When we got out of the car the guy didnt even stick around to ask any questions. Guess they think they can be like that cuz they are the only ones in CO.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Received this VERY nice blanket/throw from our dealer about a week after we took delivery.

Thanks Jon, Dustin, and Mr. Jacobs!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:48 PM
NJP
3rd Gear
Nice MINI throw gift, we received nothing, not even a phone call asking if all was going well with the new MINI.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:03 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wowowo... that the 1st time i saw a welcome gift liek thta

Originally Posted by dhoosee
Received this VERY nice blanket/throw from our dealer about a week after we took delivery.

Thanks Jon, Dustin, and Mr. Jacobs!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
very nice!!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Des Graziato
2nd Gear
I got pens and key rings. Also supposed to get free mats (rubber S mats) but they were not in stock. They will be mailed to me this week.

I also filled out some "paperwork" for a free gift that will be send to me. Don't know what it is. I will post when it arrives.

I really like Concord MINI and would recommend then to anyone in the Bay Area looking for a fair price and good service.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:28 AM
SkinnyMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Des Graziato
I got pens and key rings. Also supposed to get free mats (rubber S mats) but they were not in stock. They will be mailed to me this week.

I also filled out some "paperwork" for a free gift that will be send to me. Don't know what it is. I will post when it arrives.

I really like Concord MINI and would recommend then to anyone in the Bay Area looking for a fair price and good service.
Hey I ordered from MINI of Concord after going to the various Bay Area MINI dealers. I didnt like Mountain View because they markup over MSRP, Pleasonton because they were rude to me, and SF because I didnt like the customer service. I like the CONCORD MINI.

I first custom ordered but then realized couldnt wait that long so changed my order to a car that was coming in a week later (it just arrived and I have to call back tomorrow to let him know what accessories I want).

I wonder if I'll get anything for free. Who was your MA? Did you have to talk to them to get anything for free?

Old 06-30-2008, 06:34 PM
catguy
2nd Gear
Just got our clubman S last night off the truck which hauled it from Ny TO Wa.. WOW I have never driven a front wheel drive... Talk about torque steer wow... VERY Tight steering.. but lots of fun..the radio is some different to use... geesh

Old 06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Des Graziato
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SkinnyMINI
Hey I ordered from MINI of Concord after going to the various Bay Area MINI dealers. I didnt like Mountain View because they markup over MSRP, Pleasonton because they were rude to me, and SF because I didnt like the customer service. I like the CONCORD MINI.

I first custom ordered but then realized couldnt wait that long so changed my order to a car that was coming in a week later (it just arrived and I have to call back tomorrow to let him know what accessories I want).

I wonder if I'll get anything for free. Who was your MA? Did you have to talk to them to get anything for free?
My mats were delivered today. Front and back That back mats were a very pleasant surprise.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
SkinnyMINI
2nd Gear
My mats were delivered today. Front and back That back mats were a very pleasant surprise.
Nice, I went in yesterday, got my keychains and pens and also filled out a form to get something for free. I wonder what that will be. I also got free mats for the front in the back. They will give them to me with the car when we pick it up on Thursday. I went in yesterday just to take care of the financing but couldnt pick it up because they still had to put the sports stripes on.

They had soooooo many cars on their lot..but they were all bought by people. They were off the ship that just came in. I think other than that they only had 4 cars on their lot for sale!!!! The MA said they have all of their cars spoken for until Sept. Craziness.

YAY for Concord MINI.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
tjtull
5th Gear
The MA said they have all of their cars spoken for until Sept. Craziness.
$4+ a gallon will do that...

Old 07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tjtull
$4+ a gallon will do that...

"Permagrin" is just a fringe benefit...

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Des Graziato
2nd Gear
Nice, I went in yesterday, got my keychains and pens and also filled out a form to get something for free. I wonder what that will be. I also got free mats for the front in the back. They will give them to me with the car when we pick it up on Thursday. I went in yesterday just to take care of the financing but couldnt pick it up because they still had to put the sports stripes on.

They had soooooo many cars on their lot..but they were all bought by people. They were off the ship that just came in. I think other than that they only had 4 cars on their lot for sale!!!! The MA said they have all of their cars spoken for until Sept. Craziness.

YAY for Concord MINI.
Yeah, Concord MINI are good people. Especially Jason Top MA.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Des Graziato
2nd Gear

YAY for Concord MINI.
I got the rubber "S" mats. They are great and look real nice.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
SkinnyMINI
2nd Gear
I got the rubber "S" mats. They are great and look real nice.
Awesome, thats what Jason said Ill be getting to. Yup, Jason is super nice, so's Claro. He helped me fax documents back and forth when I switched my order from one I ordered to one that was coming in on the Rigoletto (I had to sell my Civic so I couldnt wait til the one I ordered came in).

Did you sign a form for that free flashlight thing? I wonder what that will be and when we will get that.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:17 AM
minikart4me
2nd Gear
What free flashlight thing?

Quick Reply: R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?