R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
SkinnyMINI
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not sure what it will be when it comes, but after we took care of the financing and went back to our MA, he went over all our brochures, gave us the keychains, pens etc and then also asked us to fill out a form which at the top said Free MINI Flashlight KIT. We had to fill out our name, address, type of MINI etc and he said we would expect this kit in the mail.

So Ill let you guys know exactly what it is when it arrives, unless someone here already knows

I wanted the tin of cookies though! Boo. Ok I should stop being greedy. hehe

Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hum- I didn't get a keychain other then the Dealer keychain. But my MA did hook me up with a gift cert. for the boutique, with which i spent in record time - a travel mug, and a couple hats and then bought myself a jacket!
I didn't fill out anything for anything to be mailed!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 AM
MiniBella
4th Gear
Got mats thrown in by the sales manager but no goodies from my MA. Would have loved a keychain or pen or something..

Still waiting on the adventure kit... hopefully it will arrive in the next week or so.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just received my MINI adventure field kit in the mail. Looove the window decals and I may just end up using the smiley face antenna ball. Can't quite figure out the top secret folder though (as I've never seen a MINI ad in a magazine...any insight into this??). I also am now currently using the mousepad at work

Also, from the dealer, I received a thing from some sort of video editing company (and South Bay MINI) that they want to make a family video for me...weird...

Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
5th of July will be two weeks

I picked up my MINI on 21th of June by financing through Penfed, but still haven't received anything from the dealer or corporate. When do you guys normally receive anything? If I don't receive anything, I'll definately call my dealer and demand something. But I need some time frame. Maybe they didn't send anything becuase I financed through PenFed, not from BMW finance? I just wonder.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hum- I didn't get a keychain other then the Dealer keychain. But my MA did hook me up with a gift cert. for the boutique, with which i spent in record time - a travel mug, and a couple hats and then bought myself a jacket!
I didn't fill out anything for anything to be mailed!!!
neither did I, I hope we didn't miss out on anything.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
MiniBella
4th Gear
The adventure kit seems to take roughly 6 weeks to arrive from corporate. Am at 5 weeks now... will let you guys know when it arrives.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
I took delivery of my MINI on March 19th and didn't receive my adventure kit until the approx the beginning of june (maybe later).

Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DChap
neither did I, I hope we didn't miss out on anything.
Let me know if you receive anything and I will let you know, maybe it has nothing to do with the dealer, it is the MINI corporate?!
I did fill out the customer survey today from the corp. website they sent to my personal email... maybe then?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
If it's been a few months and you still haven't received anything, call the MINI USA number and ask them about it. I dont think it has anything to do with the dealerships at all.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
GP0256
5th Gear
PLEASE PM ME IF I CAN BUY YOUR MINI STAINLESS/ORANGE MUG SENT AFTER THE PURCHASE OF YOUR CAR. My wife just burnt a hole through her lid in the dishwasher and she needs a new one bad. THANKS

Old 07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
OPC
RATTUS Deserticus
Update: Just received my "MINI Adventure Field Kit" on 7/2. I took delivery of my MINI on 5/10, so about 8weeks. Diggin' the Window Poetry - especially since their static stickers & not adhesive.

Groovy, man.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
MiniBella
4th Gear
Hey OPC... Did you get an antenna ball? I really want one of those black Zig or Zag ones. If they aren't sending them out in the Adventure Kit anymore will get started on my search for one now.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
OPC
RATTUS Deserticus
Originally Posted by MiniBella
Hey OPC... Did you get an antenna ball? I really want one of those black Zig or Zag ones. If they aren't sending them out in the Adventure Kit anymore will get started on my search for one now.
I did get an antenna ball, but it only has a smiley face on it. No Zig. No Zag. No Zug. Not even black.

I'm not an antenna ball kinda-guy, so I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Maybe place it on some un-suspecting antenna in a parking lot somewhere.

Last edited by OPC; 07-05-2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Details, details, details.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
hhhmmm...did u go to yr dealership and ask for it? i got all 3 from my dealership... i lied thta i lost it

Originally Posted by MiniBella

Old 07-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Bhatch
4th Gear
I just got my Let Motor Package from MINI Canada, 6 months after i purhcased.

I got included in the kit;

1) Cd with, MINI Music Internation Vol 3.
2) A MINI Key Chain
3) A wall mountable lest motor key holder in Aluminum.
4) A cardboard sniping selector for excused for when i get pulled over, pretty funny.
5) Some MINI cards ,i think they are trivia cards.
6) and accessories brochure.

I was surprised to see it so late, glad it came at all.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:46 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Let me know if you receive anything and I will let you know, maybe it has nothing to do with the dealer, it is the MINI corporate?!
I did fill out the customer survey today from the corp. website they sent to my personal email... maybe then?
i didn't get a survey. I got a letter from my MA saying they were going to call, but that was a few days ago and I have yet to hear anything.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Hubs
4th Gear
Took delivery June 19. Yesterday the mail man brought me a surprise.
I got a Mini Adventure field kit . It came in a box the size for 45 rpm records would fit. lol Boy am I old .

It had a whole bunch of neat stuff in it . A credit card for Road Assistance, mouse pad , journal, Clingy Stickers to make my own sayings for my windows, pen, smiley face ball for antenna, field guide to good mortoring.
Pretty trivial stuff but a nice touch from a big company to send out anything to new car owners.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 AM
MiniMama2
2nd Gear
I picked up Maggy on July 1. All we got was one dealer's keychain (very nice, but one for each key would have been nicer) and a $25 gift certificate to use in thier outique. Used it to buy a MINI travel mug. Although my MA said MINI corporate would be calling about the purchase experience, he didn't mention anything about a motoring kit or anything.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
MiniBella
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OPC
I did get an antenna ball, but it only has a smiley face on it. No Zig. No Zag. No Zug. Not even black.
Originally Posted by ngweibing
hhhmmm...did u go to yr dealership and ask for it? i got all 3 from my dealership... i lied thta i lost it
Thanks for the replies guys! Will have to swing through the dealership to see if I can snag one.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
mysticturner
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Got my MINI Field Adventure Kit today. I picked up Bimini on 5/23, so that's... You figure it out. The Adventure kit looks to be the same as what we got for our first 2006 which was also new when purchased.

And for the person who asked what the top secret folder is for - Mini put out ads in magazines that if you used the decoder materials in the secret folder you could decode. I can't remember what was revealed in the ads, but it wasn't anything like a free MINI.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:02 PM
GBMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Dragoon
Within a few weeks I got a goody package with a MINI mouse pad (thumbnail photo montage), the pen with the little plastics bumbs as grips, a writing journal, a white ball with the Union Jack stamped on that I put on my antennae, a top secret envelope containing "super-secret decoder, magic window decryptor" to be used on ads or online ...
For anyone still wanting to use the Magic Window Decryptor and failing to find adverts (since the campaign is old now), I've uploaded a high-resolution scan to GBMINI.net
Be sure to print it at 300dpi (7.583"x10.43") and you should be able to decode it successfully (or see GBMINI.net for more information and links)

Old 07-20-2008, 05:10 PM
GBMINI
6th Gear
I also uploaded a hi-res 300dpi scan of the advert for which the Super-Secret Decoder is needed (again, print at 300dpi = 7.533"x9.48")

Old 07-20-2008, 09:44 PM
msduncan
4th Gear
Is there anything special I need to do now that I've taken delivery of my Mini in order to get the adventure kit or something similiar?

Old 07-20-2008, 11:17 PM
OPC
RATTUS Deserticus
Originally Posted by msduncan
Is there anything special I need to do now that I've taken delivery of my Mini in order to get the adventure kit or something similiar?
Nope, just have patience.

Quick Reply: R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?