R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotart
What most of the posters on this Thread are refering to is a package shipped to new MINI Owners from MINI-USA with a varity of 'goodies'.

Apparently some of us get left out of this program, as it usually takes from six weeks to three months and I am now in fifth month and still waiting.

Guess I will need to phone and remind them, only thing I was promised was a 'Card' for the MINI Towing Service, but others seem to get more.
I know - I got a crap-ton of that stuff too, both from my dealer and MINIUSA. I was just pleasantly surprised that a dealer where I didn't purchase my car would re-program my options for free, give me a free loaner car, and hand me a nice detailing kit on my way out the door, two years after I bought my MINI.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:47 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
Almost two years after taking delivery, I had my car in for minor repairs today. I went to a different dealer than the one I bought the car from, but they still offered up a free loaner car without me asking. Then, when I picked the car up, the SA gave me a nice portable detailing kit. It's in a plastic blow-molded clamshell case with a handle, and has a wash mitt, a microfiber towel, two sponge/microfiber applicators, and BIG (16 oz) bottles of the following:

1) Water-based tire dressing
2) Vinyl/leather protectant
3) Sudsless fabric soap
4) Car Wash Concentrate
5) Paint polish/sealant.

It's labeled "Hendrick Autoguard Car Care Kit", but I think Hendrick owns a bunch of dealerships in the area, so the actual products are made by someone else (don't know who) and just labeled with the Hendrick name.

I'm pretty much already set for detailing chemicals since it's kind of a hobby/obsession for me, so I don't have any use for the kit, but I was still pleased and surprised.
Which dealer did you go to? (I'm confused - Hampton Roads or Monterey CA - your sig and location say two different things)

Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by thejokell
Which dealer did you go to? (I'm confused - Hampton Roads or Monterey CA - your sig and location say two different things)
I bought the car in Virginia Beach, Virginia (Checkered Flag MINI), but I'm currently stationed in California, so I've been taking it to East Bay MINI in Pleasanton, California.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:07 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I haven't received anything from MINI since my purchase, but it's only been a month (to the day, actually), and I hear some people have received things after two months, so I guess I've got longer to wait before I get anything.

A woman I know back east asked me if I got anything from MINI yet and it was the first I heard of it. She said not to worry and that I would get something eventually and to be patient. I was like "okay." I didn't expect anything!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 AM
jsargevt
3rd Gear
I got my "Mini Adventure Field Kit" yesterday a little more than a month after purchasing my Mini.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:43 AM
jjp007
4th Gear
I got mine in the mail today. Two months after picking up my Mini. I got the mouse pad and window poetry, a pen, business card holder, field guide to good motoring, a journal, and the book of financial services. Ehhh it's ok. I just wanted the antenna ***** :P Anyone have one they want to throw my way I would appreciate it.
Those who got the MP3 players are lucky indeed.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:59 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Long Lost "ESSENTIAL MOTORING NONESSENTIALS" Box has arrived!!!

Originally Posted by pilotart
(Yesterday ) What most of the posters on this Thread are refering to is a package shipped to new MINI Owners from MINI-USA with a varity of 'goodies'.

Apparently some of us get left out of this program, as it usually takes from six weeks to three months and I am now in fifth month and still waiting.

Guess I will need to phone and remind them, only thing I was promised was a 'Card' for the MINI Towing Service, but others seem to get more.
Had not telephoned or contacted MINI-USA about the above.

In todays mail delivery, My MINI ADVENTURE FIELD KIT arrived! (with '8' Ball and all the goodies)!

MINI Delivery Date was 04/28/2008, I had been registered in the MINI-USA Owners Lounge and went to MTTS June 13 in Miami.

The MINI ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE CARD had my VIN and showed an "Original In-Service Date" of 05/16/2008.

So be patient; sometimes it takes 21 weeks

Old 09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
That's encouraging. I'll just keep waiting and hope they don't forget me. Sounds like some pretty cool swag!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:32 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Just got mine on Thursday. So cool that MINI does this.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:50 AM
naturallybuilt
Neutral
I got a box of crap!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 AM
chema
1st Gear
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
I call B.S. and I hope for you sake I'm wrong!
The I-pod shuffle and hat were from mini. The model car and rubber floor mats from the dealer. The car is an 09 Pepper . And no BS!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
leicaguy
4th Gear
My adventure kit arrived yesterday, exactly 5 months after delivery of my MINI. Better late than never.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
RussKeys
2nd Gear
I took delivery of my car on April 30. I've received a bunch of post cards from Mini and a couple of days ago received a coupon for 20% off motoring accessories. Have yet to receive the Mini Adventure Field Kit.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:49 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chema
The I-pod shuffle and hat were from mini. The model car and rubber floor mats from the dealer. The car is an 09 Pepper . And no BS!
Good for you man!

Old 09-27-2008, 03:57 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
There seems to be a variety of items in the "MINI Adventure Kit." I wonder what (if anything) I will receive. It IS cool that MINI does this. It's just icing on the cake to me! The only thing that comes close to this is being invited to a maintenance seminar offered by Ford after I purchased my '05 Mustang GT; they gave us all kinds of Ford swag and conducted a very interesting seminar on vehicle ownership, maintenance and an explanation of our factory warranty. Any company that goes out of it's way to offer extras like this can't be all bad!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
3dognight
2nd Gear
I took delivery on August 9th and received my MINI adventure kit today. Stuck the 8 ball antenna doo-dad on the Mustang. Seems appropriate since my husband plays in a pool league. Now let's just see if he notices.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
ricbow
5th Gear
Just recieved my adventure kit. Two weeks after signing up at mini usa's owners lounge. 8 ball,mouse pad, journal,roadside assist card, card case,window poetry,pen, ect. 08 ps/b jac purchase date 05/09/08 ( still in love with it)

Old 09-30-2008, 06:49 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Took delivery July 3... so far we've received nothing at all.

We DID get a two question email satisfaction survey...

Old 09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Got my Adventure Field kit today. About 5 weeks after delivery.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Got my Adventure Field kit today. About 5 weeks after delivery.
Me too!

I came home to my permanent license plates yesterday and my MINI Field Adventure Kit today! Very cool MINI swag indeed.

I love all the stuff they packed into that little box. I was especially pleased by that little something extra they tucked into the outer flap of the box. No doubt, some of you may have discarded it while emptying the carton!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Discarded it?!?! Are you kidding, that box isn't going anywhere and I throw out all boxes. I don't even keep CD jewel cases (I use CD binders).

I'm holding steady at 3 kits so far.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
ColdFyre
2nd Gear
anyone know what magazines we're supposed to be looking at with the items in the "Top Secret" package? Just gotta ask because the only 2 I read are Golf Digest and National Geographic

Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
ricbow
5th Gear
Thanks, lol

Old 09-30-2008, 10:14 PM
RussKeys
2nd Gear
So today, exactly 5 months after taking delivery of my Mini, I get home and there is this lump under my front door mat. I lift it up to find the infamous Mini Adventure Kit. I was starting to feel left out. It's pretty nice to know these things are made up for each owner. Included in the box was a personalized Mini Note thanking me for buying a Mini along with the Mini Roadside Assistance Card that has my VIN # and in service date. The pen, journal, and mouse pad are also very cool.

This continues to be the best car buying experience I've ever had.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
You're right. MINI sure knows how to keep you feelin' all warm and fuzzy. The real test will be after I've made my first car payment!

Quick Reply: R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?