R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cookies and mints - okay, where's mine!!!!
Oh, and I think the Adventure Kit is through the owners lounge at MINIUSA, so sign in!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is kinda strange...but in a good way.

I got my MINI Adventure Field Kit about five weeks after taking delivery. Then a few days later, I got the "MINI PARKING ONLY" stencil. The day before yesterday, I got another stencil. And today, guess what I got...another stencil!

I've already promised one to my friend back east. She never got one. Share the wealth, I always say.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
No stencil here yet, but I got a question:

There are three "decoder" devices: The glasses, the MINI-shaped sheet with the holes, and the revealer lens. Where are there any "secret" messages?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
According to the directions, you're supposed to be able to see hidden messages in MINI ads appearing in magazines. I found one in a Road & Track magazine, but didn't see anything using the "TOP SECRET" tools. I guess it only applies to some ads...

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
MINI must be getting kickbacks from magazines for coming up with that one!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Ken G.
4th Gear
I used the red glasses to decode a message found in the Mini Owner's Network regarding MTTS. Unfortunatly, I never found the guy with the silver case.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Blueper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AvidMINI
This is kinda strange...but in a good way.

I got my MINI Adventure Field Kit about five weeks after taking delivery. Then a few days later, I got the "MINI PARKING ONLY" stencil. The day before yesterday, I got another stencil. And today, guess what I got...another stencil!

I've already promised one to my friend back east. She never got one. Share the wealth, I always say.
Spoken like a true Democrat (just joking ) Your Adventure Kit is exactly the same as mine. Still did not receive Stencils...you must be special. Enjoy!!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Blueper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Ken G.
I used the red glasses to decode a message found in the Mini Owner's Network regarding MTTS. Unfortunatly, I never found the guy with the silver case.
Who's the guy with the silver case? Is Mini Owners Network a magazine? Where do you get it? Has anyone else seen any messages to decode in other mags? It would be fun to do once or twice.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
No joke, man. I was going to offer you my extra stencil. Still, MINI may come through and send you one. Email the folks in the MINI Owner's Lounge. Maybe they can help.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Blueper
1st Gear
No joke, man. I was going to offer you my extra stencil. Still, MINI may come through and send you one. Email the folks in the MINI Owner's Lounge. Maybe they can help.
Seriously, I hope I did not offend you. You are a very generous person and I really enjoy reading your posts on this forum. Please...keep your extra stencil for a rainy day, or someone else may really want it. I may try going through the Owner's Lounge, but I really don't want one all that bad. Or...I could always make my own .

Hey...guess what I did today? I painted my brake calipers red!! They look so cool! Very easy to do.

Happy Motoring

Old 10-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Dr. Pepper
4th Gear
East Bay MINI gave me highend MINI hat and a couple of keychains, an aluminum water bottle and some post-it notes.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Originally Posted by Blueper
Seriously, I hope I did not offend you. You are a very generous person and I really enjoy reading your posts on this forum. Please...keep your extra stencil for a rainy day, or someone else may really want it. I may try going through the Owner's Lounge, but I really don't want one all that bad. Or...I could always make my own
No way, dude. I wasn't offended in the least. I certainly didn't mean to come across that way. I just figured you were going to wait it out or get MINI to hook you up. I already offered my extra stencil to anyone who wanted it on another thread I started, but so far I've had no takers. If you want it, I'll be happy to send it to you. Just PM me your mailing addy and it's as good as yours.

Besides, what am I going to do with TWO stencils? I'll be lucky if I use the one!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
eR1c
5th Gear
So I got the stencil, pen and desk pad set, field adventure kit, etc... (I posted photos of the desk pad several pages back).

Today I recieved a postcard (has a photo of a white JCW on the front) ..the back contains two coupons, one good for 20% any accesory sold by Mini, the othe for a discount on service performed by Mini.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM
beasleyboy
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by corcoranwtnet
Something just occurred to me that I don't remember having seen on this thread. My guess that a big factor in how much "loot" you get when you buy your MINI is how many options you purchased.

I received 2 key rings, 2 packages of mints, and a certificate for $50 off of the purchase of accessories. (All purchasers at this dealer also pay a $399 admin fee in addition to the car price...it's stencilled on all the doors entering the BMW and MINI showrooms). I also talked them into charging me only (?) half of the $199 price of the 5-piece rubber floor mat set. I then said I wanted to apply the $50 coupon to the floor mats, so I ended up paying MSRP, plus $399, plus $50 for the mats.

Where I'm taking this long-winded discussion is that I paid $25,800 (before tax, title, and license fee) for a 2009 MCS. A lot of people evidently load up on options and end up paying $27,000-$32,000 or more for a loaded MCS. Because most of the profit (for both BMW and the dealer) comes from options, they can afford to give out more "loot" when you spend a lot more money there.

I'd guess that if you ordered a completely "bare bones" MINI (no options at all), you'd probably get a hearty handshake, a pat on the back, and "happy motoring".
So if you ordered an additional 3 years service on the car, racing stripes and stone guards, will that catch their attention?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Originally Posted by eR1c
Today I recieved a postcard (has a photo of a white JCW on the front) ..the back contains two coupons, one good for 20% any accesory sold by Mini, the othe for a discount on service performed by Mini.
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! I'm going to buy my hood stripes from MINI and a 20% off coupon would certainly be an incentive. Are stripes considered an accessory? What did YOU do to get the 20% off coupons? I'd gladly do the same!

Kills me because I could have had the stripes for free, since they were part of the Sport Package on my '08, but I opted for the "clean look." Stupid! I love the stripes now...

Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
Has anyone gotten anything from MINI of Dallas? What did they send?
I just picked up on Saturday from MINI of Dallas, but I didn't even get a pat on the back. My intro to my new car was about 7 minutes long. Mind you, I'm a previous owner of an R53, but one would think that there are enough changes to warrant 20 minutes or so.

Time will tell if I get anything in the mail.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:38 AM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! I'm going to buy my hood stripes from MINI and a 20% off coupon would certainly be an incentive. Are stripes considered an accessory? What did YOU do to get the 20% off coupons? I'd gladly do the same!

Kills me because I could have had the stripes for free, since they were part of the Sport Package on my '08, but I opted for the "clean look." Stupid! I love the stripes now...
Don't forget that the free bonnets have another color on the edges (at least the black ones do from the VDC) - meaning my black bonnets (free w/ sport package) each have a white line on the far sides of each of them running the entire stripe. If you have the stripes put on at the dealership vs VDC you can get it in full black only. For you, I see you'd get white stripes so I'm not sure if the VDC would've done white w/ a black stripe or not.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:19 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I definitely want the white stripes with the thin black pinstripes on the outboard edges!

Those are cool.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
beasleyboy
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
I just picked up on Saturday from MINI of Dallas, but I didn't even get a pat on the back. My intro to my new car was about 7 minutes long. Mind you, I'm a previous owner of an R53, but one would think that there are enough changes to warrant 20 minutes or so.

Time will tell if I get anything in the mail.
Guess what? We BOTH picked up our cars on the same day! If you saw Kazzie, she's a Clubman in silver with black racing stripes. Who was your MA? Chris was a decent MA but then, I had to wait for my car to be built so there wasn't much on his end to do really. He spent about 10 minutes walking me through the car and answered any questions I had. The only thing left to do was learn how to drive a manual.

I think MINI of Dallas has about three MAs in all but I may be wrong. Oddly, I saw the MA whose desk was next to Chris' desk but none of the others.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:44 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Then a few days later, I got the "MINI PARKING ONLY" stencil. The day before yesterday, I got another stencil. And today, guess what I got...another stencil!
Ditto. First one about a week before the car was here. Then another about 4 days later........then a third the day after I picked it up. Would be happy to send one to someone that was overlooked.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by swflaboy
Ditto. First one about a week before the car was here. Then another about 4 days later........then a third the day after I picked it up. Would be happy to send one to someone that was overlooked.
Would love to have your extra, as I never got one from MINI! Thanks for the offer.

BTW, Congrats on your new MINI!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Would love to have your extra, as I never got one from MINI! Thanks for the offer.

BTW, Congrats on your new MINI!
Send me your address in a PM and I'll get it out to you.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
DigitalCopy
1st Gear
If you have an extra stencil, I would love to have one. I would be willing to send you the smiley face antenna ball and the window poetry stickers as trade.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I've got one. I'll trade ya!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
eR1c
5th Gear
What did YOU do to get the 20% off coupons? I'd gladly do the same!
Not sure what I did, other than purchase a Mini
I just recieved the coupons about 2 weeks ago.

Quick Reply: R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?