R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:58 PM
thulewx
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, not free to anyone - if you buy a new clubman and belong to AtlantaMinis, they give up to $500 worth of extras... or gave - don't know if the promotion is still going on...

Old 04-19-2008, 05:51 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LUCK219
Good to know. How long have you had your MINI? I've only had mine a month so far but haven't received anything yet. Not even a simple thank you note!

I got three over the past month that i've had my MINI!

did you get your mini from MOS?

Old 04-19-2008, 06:08 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jessicasprouse
did you get your mini from MOS?
Yes, sure did. My MA's were Jeff and Ahmed. I'd spoke w/ Jeff a lot and did the test drive through him, but he was out the day i went to order. I actually ordered the Ahmed though. Wwho was your MA? ... and like you, i haven't heard from them since (today is exactly one month!)

Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We got our Mini Adventure Field Kit last week, a little less then 3 months after we received our Mini, we also got some little things in the mail while our Mini was on order. No parking stencil yet or freebies from the dealer, but I joined the local Mini club, PSMini.org and Northwest Mini offers a discount on parts & such to members

Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 AM
meadbar
2nd Gear
hi igot a rucksack full of cleaning gear

Old 04-20-2008, 02:19 PM
gmhl10
3rd Gear
When I ordered the car last month... my wife got a Mini bulldog stuffed animal.

I wonder what else we'll get when the car comes in.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Luv325Ci-MiniCoopS
2nd Gear
Hmm,

I bought my car on March 14, 2008 and so far only received 2 letters from the dealership, one from the dealership customer relations thanking me for buying my car there and to make sure I give them all 5's on their survey. The other letter was from the Parts Manager at the dealership congratulating on my new Mini and it states that as a preferred customer I get a 10% discount on parts and 15% on accessories.

Thats it so far, no stencils, no adventure kit.

I hope they come soon

Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM
mysticturner
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
We've gotten an Adventure Kit, Decryption Book, Parking Stencil, Map books, a few other things I can't remember. All came from MiniUSA.

I've also heard that the amount of stuff you get is directly related to the wave count that the dealer downloads from the computer. More waves, more swag.

Last edited by mysticturner; 04-20-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-20-2008, 06:17 PM
tugboatboy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mysticturner
We've gotten an Adventure Kit, Decryption Book, Parking Stencil, Map books, a few other things I can't remember. All came from MiniUSA.

I've also heard that the amount of stuff you get is directly related to the wave count that the dealer downloads from the computer. More waves, more swag.
wave count ?? please, enlighten me !!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:38 PM
mysticturner
4th Gear
I've been told by authoritative sources that the mirror contains a sensor that detects and counts the number of times you wave at other MINI drivers. When you take your baby in for service, they download the info to MINI who sends the most friendly drivers more stuff.

There's also a rumor that the bluetooth hardware is configured to detect other MINI bluetooths in the area and if you fail to wave, you get negative points against you. But that's probably just a bad rumor

Old 04-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
I haven't had any waves.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:31 PM
mysticturner
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ivygirl702
I haven't had any waves.
Well in that case, let me be the first Ivygirl!
WAVE WAVE WAVE
Did you see me? I was facing San Diego. I'm in Dallas.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
apolinar
Neutral
Originally Posted by stealth
Just curious if anyone received anything from Mini (welcome letter etc) after purchase, and how long after you bought did you receive it?
The sales manager give 2 ball cap , key holder , coffee mug and mini decal + monthly payment guide...

Old 04-21-2008, 05:34 AM
farcaunrka
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Luv325Ci-MiniCoopS
Hmm,

I bought my car on March 14, 2008 and so far only received 2 letters from the dealership, one from the dealership customer relations thanking me for buying my car there and to make sure I give them all 5's on their survey. The other letter was from the Parts Manager at the dealership congratulating on my new Mini and it states that as a preferred customer I get a 10% discount on parts and 15% on accessories.

Thats it so far, no stencils, no adventure kit.

I hope they come soon
Hey Luv...

You didn't happen to buy ur Coop from a Miami based dealer did ya?
It sounds like I got the same "5 on survey" line. And right now... I'm about to start my FRANK-titude with the MA due to a lot of promises and no come throughs on some accesories he was going to "hook" me up with.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Corey986
3rd Gear
This whole thread reminds me of a conversation with the General Manager of my porsche dealership...

"Hey think of it this way you paid XXXXXX for this luggage and I gave you a car for free"

Can't wait to see what I hear/get from my Mini dealer later this week. I'm hoping for the really expensive and fancy keychain they throw in a yellow Mini cooper S automatic with 17" wheels....

Seriously they are doing floor mats and wheel locks as far as I'm aware for the Mini. I hope the floor mats are nice carpet ones with piping around them to match my seats... I'm sure I won't get a battery powered rideon car like my son got from the dealer when we got our cayenne, but then again after 7 months of waiting for our special order Cayenne 'S' to be completed it was a nice gesture. Then again I'm sure the cost for that was hidden in the car anyway... I can say in the past few years though I have gotten plenty of "freebies" from that dealer both before the Cayenne and after, but the powered rideon was the best, though the cutest was a matching red boxster baby car when I picked up my red boxster, and when I picked up some really expensive luggage I got a lot of porsche clothes and a nice blue car that scrapes on every speed bump....

Last edited by Corey986; 04-21-2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: fix my bad grammar
Old 04-21-2008, 11:23 AM
valthun
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got the motoring kit, maybe 6 or 7 weeks after purchase, Also a few months after that I got a MINI Parking Only stencil that i used on my white board at work

Old 04-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got 3 letters saying Mini heard I have a Mini on the way (I've had it a year), each one with that parking stencil. That's it!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
SteveJ
3rd Gear
I'll wait and see what happens with our purchase. I know that the dealer has some room to give premiums. If it happens to be something common that they have in stock (mats, plate frames, etc...) then they are more apt to give without pushback. If it is something that costs more or that they have to order or install, there could be pushback.

I am going to try for some mats and a service manual. Ideally, we'd like the roofrack as well. If we are paying cash, I hope we would have a bit more leverage. But then again, maybe they ~want~ you to go for financing so they can get more money.

BTW: back when we bought our Audi A4 (1998), I asked for a service manual as part of the deal, AND got it in writing. After 9 months and no book, I went back and asked again. I was hoping for a Bently book or the like. Instead I got two big binders and six slip covers filled with smaller systems books. Wow!

Old 04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
maximusGeek
3rd Gear
I got a Bunt Cake from South Bay MINI. I got a notice from a strange delivery service I had never heard of and i thought it was some kind of junk mail or scam. I called them up and asked them to re-deliver but leave it on my door step. After all my suspicions, it was a bunt cake from MINI welcoming me to the family.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
Originally Posted by maximusGeek
I got a Bunt Cake from South Bay MINI. I got a notice from a strange delivery service I had never heard of and i thought it was some kind of junk mail or scam. I called them up and asked them to re-deliver but leave it on my door step. After all my suspicions, it was a bunt cake from MINI welcoming me to the family.
No way! Thats crazy.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
maximusGeek
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LUCK219
No way! Thats crazy.
I should have taken a photo. It was decorated with a sick-in MINI logo and stuff. Tasted pretty good too, came from a local bakery

I felt to dumb after all my questioning for the delivery service. Ive gotten fake "we tried to deliver" notices before.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
abcjh4
2nd Gear
Yeah, me too! I was wondering why they would send me three parking stencils? :D

Originally Posted by LynnEl
I got 3 letters saying Mini heard I have a Mini on the way (I've had it a year), each one with that parking stencil. That's it!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:59 AM
farcaunrka
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by abcjh4
Yeah, me too! I was wondering why they would send me three parking stencils? :D
If you think about it this way... the one I used was tossed cause it was full of black spray paint.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:58 PM
661CooperS
1st Gear
Motoring Kit

After reading about the motoring kit I emailed MINIUSA and requested a "motoring kit." After a coupe days I received a nice email from customer relations congratulating me on our purchase and letting me know a motoring kit is on the way! Can't wait until it arrives!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
trico
6th Gear
Originally Posted by stealth
Just curious if anyone received anything from Mini (welcome letter etc) after purchase, and how long after you bought did you receive it?
A payment book

Quick Reply: R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?