R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
booyun
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by maximusGeek
I got a Bunt Cake from South Bay MINI. I got a notice from a strange delivery service I had never heard of and i thought it was some kind of junk mail or scam. I called them up and asked them to re-deliver but leave it on my door step. After all my suspicions, it was a bunt cake from MINI welcoming me to the family.
A bunt cake?? Now that is a (weird) unique gift from a car dealership. I, too, ordered my MINI from South Bay. Now I can look forward to my MINI AND BUNT CAKE!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Luv325Ci-MiniCoopS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by farcaunrka
Hey Luv...

You didn't happen to buy ur Coop from a Miami based dealer did ya?
It sounds like I got the same "5 on survey" line. And right now... I'm about to start my FRANK-titude with the MA due to a lot of promises and no come throughs on some accesories he was going to "hook" me up with.
Hey Frank,

No I bought my Cooper S in Los Angeles, lucky for me my MA promised sport stripes that would be applied at my house and the extra key they somehow lost to be delivered. As promised a week after I bought the car the stripe guy came to my house and applied the stripes and the key arrived a couple of days later.

So far its been a month and a half since I bought it, still no stencil or adventure kit.

Good luck with your MA

Old 04-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Robin81
4th Gear
It's been just over a month since I got Sally from South Bay MINI, and I haven't gotten anything yet. No cake for me.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Goldilocks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm missing out -- I bought Cricket from South Bay Mini too (2/22/08) and didn't get stuff in the mail

Old 04-25-2008, 10:57 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Goldilocks
I'm missing out -- I bought Cricket from South Bay Mini too (2/22/08) and didn't get stuff in the mail
Forget the cake.. The chocolate chip cookies were awesome.
And the tin was pretty cool too.
It's the round white tin in the center that says "Century BMW".

Old 04-25-2008, 12:36 PM
farcaunrka
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Luv325Ci-MiniCoopS
Hey Frank,

No I bought my Cooper S in Los Angeles, lucky for me my MA promised sport stripes that would be applied at my house and the extra key they somehow lost to be delivered. As promised a week after I bought the car the stripe guy came to my house and applied the stripes and the key arrived a couple of days later.

So far its been a month and a half since I bought it, still no stencil or adventure kit.

Good luck with your MA
I'm curious.. was the extra key your 2nd or 3rd?
I find it had to believe for a dealer to offer a second key as an extra or incentive to buy a car.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've gotten a few extra things here and there, but it was all pretty meaningless/trivial compared to the joy of actually having the car. This MINI is fantastic!!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
valthun
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
South Bay keeps sending me letters and emails asking me to send pics so they can create one of those stupid dvd movies for me. They list it as free, but I just don't care.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by farcaunrka
I'm curious.. was the extra key your 2nd or 3rd?
I find it had to believe for a dealer to offer a second key as an extra or incentive to buy a car.
I'm curious too.. I thought everyone got three keys as a standard.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:07 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cabriopilot
I'm curious too.. I thought everyone got three keys as a standard.
I got two keys standard. Just took delivery a month ago.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LUCK219
I got two keys standard. Just took delivery a month ago.
Just to clarify.. The R52/53 should have 3 keys and the R56 should have 2.
The R52/53 would have a third key that is made of plastic and known as a Valet key.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
rattles and excuses.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Holy COW, Did I ever get rooked!!! This is my second MCS, and my husband's second BMW from the same dealer in four years (talk about commissions!?!) and I got diddly squat!! No, wait...I CONTINUALLY get emails from them promoting Volvos and other BMWs. !?!?!!?! What part of "2nd Mini" didn't this guy get??

I guess I, ah, "intimidated" the dealer when he kept trying to hand me story after story (on all four vehicles! Why did I go back!?) so I ended up getting a cheap ball cap, and some magnets, and a huge dramatic flourish when he finally gave me my manual. Wow. He promised a NAV DVD, but we ended up borrowing the Euro versions - which were copies anyway! If I hadn't bullied him, I probably wouldn't have ended up with anything.

Speaking of cool stuff, while I was in Europe, I kept seeing articles about Mini billboards in certain cities that would recognize the key fobs as you passed, and lit up with by-name messages to the owners! Evidently owners registered, and listed their jobs, etc. when they purchased, and this billboard contraption would light up with, "Cookin with the Mini, Karen?" (chef) etc. I haven't seen anything since I've been back...anybody know about those signs?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Modnar
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
rattles and excuses.
But the bitterness is free!

Old 04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Thegasteck
Neutral
I belive it depends on how greatful your particular dealership is. I got a clear glass candy jar with the dealer logo on it. The jar was filled with butter-scotch hard candies. The dealer did throw in a set of all weather mats so no complaints here....

Last edited by Thegasteck; 04-25-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Plaz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
rattles and excuses.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
tjtull
5th Gear
I just got my MINI Adventure Field Kit in the mail today!! So, along with the freebies my MA gave me when I bought the car (floor mats, key chains, antenna ball, detailing spray, spray wax, MINI umbrella) I received a mouse pad, MINI pen, MINI travel journal, another antenna ball, and various other things. Pretty cool stuff.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Desert_Sand
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tjtull
I just got my MINI Adventure Field Kit in the mail today!! So, along with the freebies my MA gave me when I bought the car (floor mats, key chains, antenna ball, detailing spray, spray wax, MINI umbrella) I received a mouse pad, MINI pen, MINI travel journal, another antenna ball, and various other things. Pretty cool stuff.
+1....got my MINI Adventure Field Kit today also...

...so, rubber Cooper S mats, bulldog key chain, MINI spill-proof cup, and TWO BALL CAPS today from the stealership. I guess they were being nice since they had to redo the clear bra, so the sales manager asked if I wanted a ball cap or not...

Old 04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
peter314
5th Gear
hmmm, i bought my first mini almost 10 months ago... then got into a accident... and never recived the "adventure kit" for that car, that was from herb chambers FYI...dont buy from them, but thats another story, so im getting my 2nd one from Mini Of Peabody, hopefully i will get it from them, plus, i kept the all season mats from the first one so when i pick mine up this weekend im gonna try to get the cloth ones with the white pin stripes and the "I have one and you dont" t-shirt. that'd make me happy

Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
NJP
3rd Gear
We got a thank you note from the salesman and a box of junk from Mini, NO COOKIES! The junk box held a pair of paper sun glasses that lets you read Mini codes for discounts on mdse. But I've never seen the ads I was supposed to find somewhere(?). There was a small paper book of "one liners" for Mini owners, totally useless & slightly humorous. A pen, that was nice, I put it in the glovebox. And a real wierd item, I believe it was an orange ball or looked like one. I didn't know what to do with it so I gave it to the dog.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
NJP
3rd Gear
I was just thinking....haha, if MINI really wanted to give us something nice, they should go back 4 or 5 years & send us all a "paint pen" to match our Mini color to cover our door dingies.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
leicaguy
4th Gear
Set of carpet floor mats.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 PM
tjtull
5th Gear
Some may consider the Adventure Kit to be a box of junk...but it's more than any other dealership has ever given me, so I consider it a very nice gesture. Sure, the stuff in there isn't worth a lot but that's not really the point.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
Considering some of you just got your kits (and Desert_Sand took delivery a day before i did) maybe mine is on the way too! =)

Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LUCK219
Considering some of you just got your kits (and Desert_Sand took delivery a day before i did) maybe mine is on the way too! =)
Once 8 weeks passes, if you didn't receive a kit, email Mini USA and ask for one. I had to do that to get mine.

Quick Reply: R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?