R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 PM
minikart4me
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked up my MCS, and I knew I was getting free mats, but my MA surprised me by having the locking wheel nuts already on the car as an added touch

Old 06-12-2008, 01:12 AM
tony1athome
3rd Gear
I got my field kit today after my 3/27 delivery.

So, where and how do I use my magic secret decoder?

Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tony1athome
I got my field kit today after my 3/27 delivery.

So, where and how do I use my magic secret decoder?
+1. I can't remember the last time I've seen a Mini print ad anywhere, except at the dealership.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:13 AM
iamhollyb
2nd Gear
Still nothing...did you guys call the 800 number? Or did the package just arrive unexpectedly?

Old 06-12-2008, 07:13 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
iamhollyb, the Adventure Field Kit came automatically, about 1 1/2 - 2 months after delivery.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Qingdom
2nd Gear
I've had my MINI since Jan 30, 2008. The Adventuring kit box came by early March.

I've received two stencils for 'MINI PARKING ONLY', but I cannot paint along my street. Last I've seen, my neighbor paint a box with a 'S' (not 'X') in front of his house and got punctured tires and a violation ticket from the city a few weeks later.

Nothing since, except for the monthly statements.

I did receive a letter from my SA requesting potential leads to go speak with him to make a purchase.

Question for the group: After your MINI purchase, did any of you tip/reward/gift your MA/SA? Is there an etiquette to this? I have not followed up with my MA/SA since the purchase, but I seem I'm doing something incorrect/wrong/bad.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
dbhouston
4th Gear
I think buying at sticker price and the salesman getting a commission is reward enough.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Anthony314
2nd Gear
Anybody here buy a Mini from Habberstad Mini in NY and get something free?

Old 06-12-2008, 10:47 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dbhouston
I think buying at sticker price and the salesman getting a commission is reward enough.
Absolutely. They don't need anything more than that.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 AM
The Welsh Dragon
3rd Gear
I got an adventure kit from Mini about a month or so after I bought mine...some neat stuff in it

Old 06-12-2008, 11:11 AM
tony1athome
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DrewN
Absolutely. They don't need anything more than that.
And a handshake and a thank you.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
mellotron
3rd Gear
I got the adventure kit about 2-1/2 months after delivery. My favorite items are the journal, mousepad, and 'MINI parking only' stencils.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Question for the group: After your MINI purchase, did any of you tip/reward/gift your MA/SA? Is there an etiquette to this? I have not followed up with my MA/SA since the purchase, but I seem I'm doing something incorrect/wrong/bad. -- Qingdom

No need to tip, they do get commissions on their sales after all.

A quick phone call or email that you're enjoying the car would be appreciated. And if you say you'll point potential buyers their way, that's a plus. How often you keep in touch or drop by the dealer to chat is up to you.

CROC 411

Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 AM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
My vehicle TITLE arrived yesterday!

From the comments on this subject, it'll be at least 3 months from purchase date until I can hope for any box of smarmy Mini items.
(Dell took 5 months for a rebate!)

As for something for your Motoring Assistant/Sales Dude,
If you're sent a Mini Sales Survey, be kind to the Sales Dude. Their compensation is also based on your feedback.
I received an online survey link.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:03 PM
leek
2nd Gear
My antenna ball was also stolen :(

Old 06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by leek
Awww that sucks!!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:22 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by leek
i had it stolen 2 times but the dealership was ncie enough to give me replacemnet.. maybe u can go back ands ask them..

btw, i dun put MINI antenna ball now...all 3 (ZIG, ZAG, ZUG) sit nicely in my desk..

Old 06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dragoon
Question for the group: After your MINI purchase, did any of you tip/reward/gift your MA/SA? Is there an etiquette to this? I have not followed up with my MA/SA since the purchase, but I seem I'm doing something incorrect/wrong/bad. -- Qingdom

No need to tip, they do get commissions on their sales after all.

A quick phone call or email that you're enjoying the car would be appreciated. And if you say you'll point potential buyers their way, that's a plus. How often you keep in touch or drop by the dealer to chat is up to you.

CROC 411
Mine quit. He was good, too, but Saturn made him a better offer. He'd come from there. I'll bet he still has his Dinan MINI, though!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Thunderlips
Neutral
I bought mine from Mini of Pittsburgh and got free striping and mats. I felt that was more than enough as they really don't have to give anything. I never got anything from any other dealer when I bought a vehicle so I'm happy with that.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:01 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
I just got my adventure kit yesterday (6/11) after a 3/19 delivery date. It included a MINI mousepad, pen, journal, happy face antenna ball, the magic decoder thing and glasses and about 30 or so static cling words to put on the inside of my windows (including 'lets' and 'motor' :-)
I received TWO of the 'Mini parking only' stencils in the mail a while back. I didn't contact MINI at all about my kit (even though i had been meaning to), it just showed up at my apartment completely unexpected yesterday. It was a good surprise after a long day.

I couldn't figure out the decoder though. Any veterans out there that can help me out a little?

Old 06-12-2008, 06:13 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LUCK219
I couldn't figure out the decoder though. Any veterans out there that can help me out a little?
It's been awhile since I received my Adventure Kit but I believe you can use it on MINI ads in magazines that will show something.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:23 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just received our MINI Adventure Kit this evening. Took Delivery of Molly on 04/19 (2 LONG Months after Ordering) "Pretty Neat Stuff!", my Husband commented just now. I'm definitely going to put the journal, pen and other stuff inside Molly. We'll have to see if Hubby will let me apply any of the Decals...I hope so!!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Qingdom
Question for the group: After your MINI purchase, did any of you tip/reward/gift your MA/SA? Is there an etiquette to this? I have not followed up with my MA/SA since the purchase, but I seem I'm doing something incorrect/wrong/bad.

OMG.

I'm going to sound out of school here, and I probably don't deserve to pop off, seeing as how I'm a noob, but OMG!!!

You're talking about a car that sells for full boat retail, that in all likelihood you had to wait for. The MA is on commission, I'm sure; you don't see starving college students selling MINIs. You're paying for the atmosphere and for being treated well in addtion to the vehicle. If they toss in some goodies, trust me, they aren't sacrificing to do so, either the MA or the dealership.

Tip not, and motor with a clear conscience.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:07 AM
Qingdom
2nd Gear
haha... Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I use to be a sales rep at a kiosk selling Sprint phones. Understanding only how annoying it is to actually get a person to buy the same day, at that particular time, and with me and not the store down a block.

Knowing this, I can only imagine the slow, riskful, and patient life that an MA/SA's day just ticking collecting hourly pay and praying for at least one sale for the month... Then have to stress to meet his/her quota for the month and helping the team to meet quota for the month... simply to earn a bigger paycheck.

Especially for a MINI at premium pricing, it's not like selling Toyota Prius's like hotcakes. They're working just as hard for the sale and patiently enough to assist the customer/purchaser with everything, most of them do not pressure for add-ons as most users experience in the forum (or so that's what they say)... I know I wasn't pressured (all that much for add-ons and whatnot).

So in the end, they're left with a handshake, a smile, and a thank you. I still feel something's missing on their end.

Sure I lose money (like every customer), the MA/SA earns commision, the company gets even more money from me down the line, but I didn't feel a 'click' anywhere such that when random people come up to me and ask me 'hey, where did you buy that car?' just so I can respond 'at (insert your dealership here). Here's the MA/SA's card. This person will definitely take good care of you. Ask for a test drive."

Sorry for the long post. However, since everyone says 'no tip, they get enough already.', then that's the answer I'll go with. Clear conscience, motoring on. Cheers.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:31 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Qingdom
Sure I lose money (like every customer), the MA/SA earns commision, the company gets even more money from me down the line, but I didn't feel a 'click' anywhere such that when random people come up to me and ask me 'hey, where did you buy that car?' just so I can respond 'at (insert your dealership here). Here's the MA/SA's card. This person will definitely take good care of you. Ask for a test drive."
I think you really nailed the "tip" answer in there. If your MA did a great job, give him/her great feedback on the survey and ask for a bunch of their cards. Tell them publicly that you really appreciate their service and that you'll hope to send them other buyers in the future. Afterall, MINIs attract attention from everyone. referrals are (should be) the lifeblood of just about any sales person.

On the other hand, if they did not do a good job, ding them on the survey and let them know that as well.

Quick Reply: R56 Did you receive anything from MINI after purchase?