R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Pictures of Secret Compartment Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of Secret Compartment Please

Our mini is coming in a few weeks and I am wondering what this secret compartment is. Can someone post a picture of it? Thank you.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM
steaming79
4th Gear
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
...or perhaps more accurately:

Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
tugboatboy
2nd Gear
SWEET !!! Perfect for bales and or c-4 !!! shoulda got that option !!!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Seriously Steaming79? I truly hope that this forum is not like most other enthusiast forums where members make useless posts. With that said, please do the community a favor and refrain from making BS posts.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ryephile
...or perhaps more accurately:

Ryephile, thanks a lot. I did a search on the forum and on google and didn't come up with anything. That is a very cool compartment. It will get its fair share of use that's for sure. Is that a checkered dash?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:53 PM
tugboatboy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dphouse
Seriously Steaming79? I truly hope that this forum is not like most other enthusiast forums where members make useless posts. With that said, please do the community a favor and refrain from making BS posts.
Come on man, I'm sure he was just joking around , lighten up bro !!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
I thought that Steaming's post was kinda funny, though he shoulda put in some sort of "" in there to ensure it was cynical.

--->dphouse; you're welcome, and yes, that's the MCS's standard checkered trim and base color line; both of which are very nice IMO.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tugboatboy
Come on man, I'm sure he was just joking around , lighten up bro !!
When a member makes a post asking for assistance from his/her fellow members, we should strive to help them to the best of our ability. I don't have the time to sift through nonsense.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
I agree with that, however you have to keep a lighthearted approach as there are lots of people that don't have a whole lot going on other than motoring in their MINI and posting fluff on NAM, LOL!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
I thought that Steaming's post was kinda funny, though he shoulda put in some sort of "" in there to ensure it was cynical.

--->dphouse; you're welcome, and yes, that's the MCS's standard checkered trim and base color line; both of which are very nice IMO.
Very cool. So the compartment comes standard? Do you open it by pushing down on the interior panel?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
I agree with that, however you have to keep a lighthearted approach as there are lots of people that don't have a whole lot going on other than motoring in their MINI and posting fluff on NAM, LOL!
I agree. However, coming from numerous other forums, I have grown tired of "fluff" posts.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 PM
srmach05
2nd Gear
When a member makes a post asking for assistance from his/her fellow members, we should strive to help them to the best of our ability. I don't have the time to sift through nonsense.
True, however in the spirit of the Mini, a little bit of light-heartedness and dare I say outright silliness is what makes these forums great!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by srmach05
True, however in the spirit of the Mini, a little bit of light-heartedness and dare I say outright silliness is what makes these forums great!
Silliness--really? I don't know about you, but I'm not a child and am not amused by silliness whatsoever. Light-heartedness on the other hand is something that we all can appreciate. I doubt that anyone would appreciate a silly response to a legitimate post/question. Don't get me wrong, I love Mini's and cars in general, but I don't spend my time here for the sake of being silly.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Forgive us if we don't weep for you - you still had a correct answer within fifteen minutes of posting your question. (In the second reply, even - it's not as if you had to wade through pages of posts).

And if you can't "sift through" the jocular posts that are part of any large multi-national enthusiast's forum, then I suggest you look elsewhere.

Last edited by ScottRiqui; 04-17-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
mauberley
6th Gear
I agree. However, coming from numerous other forums, I have grown tired of "fluff" posts.
Just be glad you didn't get the "n00b use the search function" reply! Anyway, welcome to NAM!

That having been said, some degree of "useless posting" is going to happen, especially when dealing with some of the more frequently-asked questions. NAM is more easygoing (in certain respects) than other forums, so there's no need to rake someone over the coals here for a post that, in all likelihood, bore no malice towards you in particular. I can appreciate that you don't want a useless post in response to a serious question; just don't exhort "the community" unless you've really got a feel for the community's attitudes on it. 'Cause to us, it's funny...

Old 04-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Ancient Mariner
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Silliness--really? I don't know about you, but I'm not a child and am not amused by silliness whatsoever. Light-heartedness on the other hand is something that we all can appreciate. I doubt that anyone would appreciate a silly response to a legitimate post/question. Don't get me wrong, I love Mini's and cars in general, but I don't spend my time here for the sake of being silly.
Such a sad statement of one's life.
If I had to spend the time deciding whether something was silly or light-hearted, humor would be sucked out of my life. What a happy-vacuum.
-skip-

Old 04-17-2008, 09:31 PM
tugboatboy
2nd Gear
[quote=dphouse;2171091]Silliness--really? I don't know about you, but I'm not a child and am not amused by silliness whatsoever. Light-heartedness on the other hand is something that we all can appreciate. I doubt that anyone would appreciate a silly response to a legitimate post/question. Don't get me wrong, I love Mini's and cars in general, but I don't spend my time here for the sake of being silly.[/quote

Lighten up man, isn't motoring all about having fun? at least that's what Ive come to see it as !! Enjoy the ride,see the comedy in everything, I know I do, that's how I know I'll fit right in

Old 04-17-2008, 09:33 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Done.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 PM
guidmini
3rd Gear
compartment

Well I thought it was funny. I guess the first gearer is trying to look good.
But lighten up guy. Just a joke Ok back to the program.
That compartment we speak of is a bulletin. Usually your mni covering
does not open. You bring it in for service. There is update that makes the
compartment cover open and that cubby hole compartment can be revealed.

this is where the 6 disc changer lives. if you ordered it if not you get
the cubby hole.

See ya Guido.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Charlie Croker
3rd Gear
Done.
DP,

Yunno, you're new enough to change your name and reregister under a new name! I don't know what forums you've come from, but this site is nothing but a jar full of boys and girls scouts that love their toys! The moderators do an extremely fine job of keeping the "fluff" out of this site. If'n you don't believe me, make a post about street racing!

I have yet not had any of my questions answered here, and I've had many. This is one knowlegeble bunch of car enthusiasts. I'm still a relative newbie and I mind my P's and Q's. Who needs enemies these days? I am actually grateful that anyone would take the time and respond with patience to some of my stupid questions.

Take a deep breath and lighten up! This one of the nicest sites that I have ever visited. Just remember, no one owes you an answer!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Charlie Croker
DP,

Yunno, you're new enough to change your name and reregister under a new name! I don't know what forums you've come from, but this site is nothing but a jar full of boys and girls scouts that love their toys! The moderators do an extremely fine job of keeping the "fluff" out of this site. If'n you don't believe me, make a post about street racing!

I have yet not had any of my questions answered here, and I've had many. This is one knowlegeble bunch of car enthusiasts. I'm still a relative newbie and I mind my P's and Q's. Who needs enemies these days? I am actually grateful that anyone would take the time and respond with patience to some of my stupid questions.

Take a deep breath and lighten up! This one of the nicest sites that I have ever visited. Just remember, no one owes you an answer!
"Done "

Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
staz87
2nd Gear
I feel sorry for you... I for one got a kick out of the fake compartment pic. And next time don't be such a

Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by staz87
I feel sorry for you... I for one got a kick out of the fake compartment pic. And next time don't be such a
Likewise.

/end of thread.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Charlie Croker
3rd Gear
Hey DP,

Tell me about your ride! Whacha gettin?

Quick Reply: R56 Pictures of Secret Compartment Please