R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Please check my config....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please check my config....

Ok i'm ready to order, next week or two probably please can you look this over and suggest anything i may have missed, or added unnecessarily.

2008 Mini Cooper S
Mellow Yellow/Black
White Turn Signals
Black Racing Stripes
Premium Pack
Cold Weather Pack
LSD
DSC
Manual trans.
17" Flame Spoke
Xenon Headlights
Rear Fogs
Cloth (Checkered)
Chrome Line
Anth. Headliner
Bluetooth/USB iPod
Mellow Yellow Color Line
Piano Black
Multifunction Leather Wheel

maybe mudflaps and clear bra for protection.... havn't decided yet.

What do you think?

thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 06:45 PM
tugboatboy
2nd Gear
Sounds great, but I do think that BRG would make it all that much better

Old 04-20-2008, 06:51 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
So, this is pretty much my car, with the exception of color choices, and leatherette. I'd highly recommend the leatherette. I would have gone leather, but it's no good for my OCD

You can beat the crap out of it, and it still looks great. The black/grey is very dark, and matches the piano black perfectly. I can't say enough about it. Other than that, pull the trigger, and enjoy!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:00 PM
mini on
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very similiar to my car I just got 2 weeks ago. Since you asked I would skip the sunroof too many people have complained about glare rattles some leaks Also I've seen many posts where people want to plug the hole. Another option I would forego are the 17inch wheels and the yellow interior. By not getting those optons you could for sure get a nice set or 2 sets of wheels and tires Very nice configuration all the same

Old 04-20-2008, 07:00 PM
DChap
5th Gear
I do like BRG, looks good with Black or White, but I saw a Mellow Yellow at Ottos the other day and really really liked it, so there we go.

As for leatherette, i can't stand the stuff, makes me sweat and itch, i don't like how it wears in... just my opinion. I also would go for Leather, but 1500-2000 is a lot of money

Old 04-20-2008, 07:52 PM
rikmeister
3rd Gear
everything sounds good to me dc. do they have one similar in ottos inventory.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DChap
Ok i'm ready to order, next week or two probably please can you look this over and suggest anything i may have missed, or added unnecessarily.

2008 Mini Cooper S
Definitely a good choice.

Mellow Yellow/Black
White Turn Signals
Black Racing Stripes
If you like that style of stripe (a take on the mid-century Cooper F1 stripes), fine. Just be aware that there are a lot of other styles available from vendors like Aesthetic Creations and Cooper Flags.

Premium Pack
Be sure you like the sunroof on the MINI. There have been a number of threads discussing the pros and cons. It is a large piece of glass that ads weight to the top of the car and lets a lot of heat in. Many think it is worthwhile, others don't.

Cold Weather Pack
Heated seats are nice!

LSD
DSC
Manual trans.
Good choices.

17" Flame Spoke
If you are really in love with the style, fine. For the price, you can get some really great wheels aftermarket that will be lighter weight and good looking. A lighter wheel will give you better acceleration, braking, handling, and a smoother ride. The factory wheels are very heavy.

Xenon Headlights
I have Xenons and don't like them. IMO, they give a false sense of visibility, but actually reduce your distance vision at night when in low beam mode.

Rear Fogs
Cloth (Checkered)
Have the same. No complaints, except the cloth seats don't have adjustable lumbar support. They don't really have any lumbar support.

Rear fogs are often useful to let someone know you aren't happy with how close they are following. Doesn't always make them back off, but helps if they weren't doing it intentionally.

Chrome Line
Personally, I don't like chrome on the dash. Can reflect sunlight into your eyes at certain angles of the sun. Also tends to reflect in windows. I'm all for blackout interiors.

Anth. Headliner
I like it.

Bluetooth/USB iPod
This puts the iPod in plain site with cables connecting it to the AUX and USB. The iPod Integration puts the iPod in the secret compartment so you don't have to hide it whenever you park.

Bluetooth works reasonably well, but talking while driving is like driving drunk, according to the Mythbusters, and insurance studies.
Mellow Yellow Color Line
Piano Black
The MFSW is very nice. Love the audio controls and cruise.

I put the mudflaps on myself to save $$. Not difficult.

A clear bra over stripes can leave a space for water to get in under the bra. Some have reported this to be a problem. My car is braless.

I don't think you mentioned the Park Distance Control. I like it because the high waistline of the MINI makes rear visibility of low objects difficult.

I have the NAV and like it for several reasons.
1. Navigation works well. Didn't think I would use it much, but found it very handy.
2. IMO, it looks much better than the giant cartoon speedometer. I prefer the Star Trek look of the NAV screen to the Mickey Mouse look of the speedo.
3. It integrates other features like audio, Bluetooth, and many car settings. Your iPod would list track titles on the NAV screen in large type. Bluetooth phone book listings and dialing is done via the screen.

The NAV is expensive, but I'm glad I went for it.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like you have a pretty well loaded MINI.. Mud flaps you can do yourself - save some $$$. Get the clear bra done somewhere other than your dealer - save some $$$.

Donna

Old 04-21-2008, 05:35 PM
DChap
5th Gear
"For the price, you can get some really great wheels aftermarket that will be lighter weight and good looking."

The rims and tires with them are $750 correct? What aftermarked rim/tire combo can I get for that price? Any suggestions?

"except the cloth seats don't have adjustable lumbar support"

Didn't know that.... hmmmm

Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM
scribbledpaper
the land of far, far away
Great color choice!! I think that you should go for both the clear bra and the mudflaps! I have both and love them!

awesome car!

Originally Posted by DChap

2008 Mini Cooper S
Mellow Yellow/Black
White Turn Signals
Black Racing Stripes
Premium Pack
Cold Weather Pack
LSD
DSC
Manual trans.
17" Flame Spoke
Xenon Headlights
Rear Fogs
Cloth (Checkered)
Chrome Line
Anth. Headliner
Bluetooth/USB iPod
Mellow Yellow Color Line
Piano Black

What do you think?

thanks

Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
Just a random fyi - i have leatherette seats and a sunroof. I love them both! While i've only had my MINI a month, i haven't had any issues so far with anything, especially the sunroof (and we've had some pretty heavy downfalls the past few days!)